🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Please critique my proposed policy to ensure an honest vote

Off topic and irrelevant to the topic. Do have a pleasant evening.
If you can't name anyone who has been indicted for conspiring to pervert an election, then you can't.

Needless to say, I'm not surprised.

We vote for a single position. Those are easy to count. We also have a LOT of polling station. Last Provincial election, my polling station was in my building. At the end of the night, they probably didn't have more than 300 ballots to count.
The average U.S. precinct is roughly 1200 voters. Each precinct counts its own ballots. The largest is roughly 2700 voters. That is not a difficult number for a half dozen people to count within a few hours no matter how long the ballot is. If people take pride in voting personally as it used to be, the number of mail in ballots should be just as manageable.

While I accept the need for some absentee/mail in ballots for a very few of the electorate, IMO any able bodied person too lazy to get himself/herself to the polling place to vote in person doesn't deserve to vote.

How many voters if at all, would be “chased away”? When states and locals have instituted voter ID laws, who and how many have come forward screaming that they can’t vote as a result of the new policy? If they can’t produce an ID to vote once or twice a year, then they’ve got bigger problems impacting their everyday lives yet we don’t hear any pleas for assistance in the multitude of areas where an ID is required.
The states that have voter ids do not require proof of citizenship. Most states now require some form of id. If you forced every voter to produce a picture id that proves citizenship, you stop mail in voting, restrict registration, etc. Maybe 90% of voter would comply because they take voting seriously. For the rest of the voters, they are not going to dig up a birth certificate, go to a voter registration office to get certified to vote and stand in line at a poling place to vote. These are people who have other priorities, they don't believe their vote will change anything. I think we have millions of voters like this. They vote because it's easy and studies confirmed it. The easier we may voting the better the turnout.

Last edited:
Please list all elections whose results have been proven to have been perverted by a clandestine conspiracy of individuals to all cast bogus ballots, and the identity of the conspirators

I am aware of none.
The fact that a vote or voted can be compromised is the issue regardless of election outcome. How about showing a voter who complied with all of the steps was denied a vote under current voting eligibility?

but never did we have an electorate as suspicious and convinced of malfeasance or as fearful that elections can be stolen as we have now.
You are trying to say there was fraud in 2020 without having to prove it on evidence presented in a court of law. The problem is Trump and the premeditated BIG LIE as the main ingredient in the plot to stay in power no matter what the voters decided at the ballot box. This thread is a charade to hide the Big Lie unless Trump is denounced on it for telling it and his cult is denounced for believing it.

Take away Trump’s Big Lie and the cult of believers and the 2020 election is as legitimate as any election in US History.

You trust computers more than most of us do. I want everybody to be able to trust the system.
Well, see... this is where people like me come in. We can share our knowledge and assist with the comfort level, by making things LOGICAL and UNDERSTANDABLE.

There's so much bullshit in this space, the minute you start talking about elections all the partisans want to jump in and control the stuff.

Whereas, the simple and logical reality, is that our election system simply does not meet modern security standards. Which means it can be exploited.

And, like you, I agree that we (all of us) require CONFIDENCE in our votes. This is not something I'm going to lie down and take, having my vote stolen. I'll fight first. Hopefully that won't be necessary - but yes, it is important for EVERYONE to realize we take this issue seriously.

And if you're taking it seriously, DON'T even think for a NY microsecond that you can make this work without people like me. You can't. Politicians can't. If you let the politicians control a security operation you might as well commit suicide.

Modern security practices are both a science and an art form. We'll need scientists and artists to land the man on the distant planet. Which is how the goal looks at this point - distant

The states that have voter ids do not require proof of citizenship. Most states now require some form of id. If you forced every voter to produce a picture id that proves citizenship, you stop mail in voting, restrict registration, etc. Maybe 90% of voter would comply because they take voting seriously. For the rest of the voters, they are not going to dig up a birth certificate, go to a voter registration office to get certified to vote and stand in line at a poling place to vote. These are people who have other priorities, they don't believe their vote will change anything. I think we have millions of voters like this. They vote because it's easy and studies confirmed it. The easier we may voting the better the turnout.
The fact that some of the electorate is too lazy or indifferent to make the effort to register to vote when they would make an effort to get a certified Driver's license or any other process requiring some effort aren't the kind of people we want to vote anyway. So long as all have opportunity to register and vote should they choose to do so there is no disenfranchisement.

I am speaking of restoring the people's confidence in the election policies and process.
NFBW: You can’t restore peoples confidence in the election process because those who don’t have confidence in the election process are still Trump supporters who believe the big lie with absolutely no evidence that the 2020 election for president was an outlier and Trump was actually the winner if it were not for fraud. END2210132038

The average U.S. precinct is roughly 1200 voters. Each precinct counts its own ballots. The largest is roughly 2700 voters. That is not a difficult number for a half dozen people to count within a few hours no matter how long the ballot is. If people take pride in voting personally as it used to be, the number of mail in ballots should be just as manageable.

While I accept the need for some absentee/mail in ballots for a very few of the electorate, IMO any able bodied person too lazy to get himself/herself to the polling place to vote in person doesn't deserve to vote.
And there are 113754 polling places and you say 6 people will count. That's nearly 700,000 people. And who is going to check the counting to make sure they count it correctly. Then there are the recounts. Today automated vote counting is very accurate and election fraud in the counting is extremely rare. The method you are proposing is less accurate and more subject to election fraud.

Also keep mind a presidential ballot will average about 30 items to be voted on with about 3 or 4 choices. That mean about 100 running totals. So that precinct with 1200 ballots turns into 120,000 counts. After the first counting of votes recounts would have to done until the recounts agree. That is not a couple hours works.

Last edited:
You are trying to say there was fraud in 2020 without having to prove it on evidence presented in a court of law. The problem is Trump and the premeditated BIG LIE as the main ingredient in the plot to stay in power no matter what the voters decided at the ballot box. This thread is a charade to hide the Big Lie unless Trump is denounced on it for telling it and his cult is denounced for believing it.

Take away Trump’s Big Lie and the cult of believers and the 2020 election is as legitimate as any election in US History.
I am saying that more than 60% of the electorate is convinced there was sufficient cheating/fraud/unanswered questions re the 2020 election to be of concern. That has little or nothing to do with Trump. I proposed a system and process that would reassure the electorate that our elections are secure, honest, fair, accurate. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Again I appreciate your confidence in an electronic system. But the fact is millions of voters now do not trust the machines. I am not particularly paranoid about them, but I have no way of knowing whether that machine recorded my ballot as I voted and I always wonder. I just think paper ballots and hand counting is the way to go.
And you should be able to vote that way.

NFBW: You can’t restore peoples confidence in the election process because those who don’t have confidence in the election process are still Trump supporters who believe the big lie with absolutely no evidence that the 2020 election for president was an outlier and Trump was actually the winner if it were not for fraud. END2210132038
Have a pleasant evening.

And there are 113754 polling places and you say 6 people will count. That's nearly 700,000 people. And who is going to check the counting to make sure they count it correctly. Then there are the recounts. Today automated vote counting is very accurate and election fraud in the counting is extremely rare. The method you are proposing is less accurate and more subject to election fraud.
Please re-read the OP.

Logistics are not a problem.

This is where people like me come in.

We deal with this kind of bleating from the grandstands

Data science and analytics prove there was Dem election fraud.
It doesn't matter who thinks there was fraud. In 2016 it was the Democrats hollering fraud, stolen election, Trump was an illegitimate President etc. And I suspect there will be all kinds of challenges to the votes in this election too, maybe on both sides.

The point is the electoral rules, system, process has been so corrupted it is too easy to cheat, and whether or not that actually happens, the majority of the electorate has serious concerns about the validity of the vote. We need rules, regs, systems, processes in place to ensure that only eligible registered citizens vote and they only vote once.

We have to have confidence in our electoral process and assurance that it is fair and honest for our constitutional republic to prevail.

Forum List

Back