🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Please critique my proposed policy to ensure an honest vote

I’m in cybersecurity so I take a vulnerability and risk assessment perspective in the voting policies, process, and infrastructure. Our voting system is replete with vulnerabilities that need to be addressed as outlined in the OP proposal.

The question is, what price do you pay for addressing vulnerabilities that have not resulted in voter fraud?
How many legitimate voters do you chase away for the few you actually catch?

The question is, what price do you pay for addressing vulnerabilities that have not resulted in voter fraud?
How many legitimate voters do you chase away for the few you actually catch?
How many voters if at all, would be “chased away”? When states and locals have instituted voter ID laws, who and how many have come forward screaming that they can’t vote as a result of the new policy? If they can’t produce an ID to vote once or twice a year, then they’ve got bigger problems impacting their everyday lives yet we don’t hear any pleas for assistance in the multitude of areas where an ID is required.

There has been plenty of proof provided of fraud, impropriety etc. in the 2020 election.
Despite the hysterical ravings of a loser, and those who who parrots his lies, no significant voter fraud that could possibly impact the outcome of the election was uncovered. Nothing prosecutable was found. Not a single suspect in the imaginary vast caper was exposed. There are no challenges to the election's legitimacy by any Republican prosecutors or politicians anywhere in America after all recounts, audits and court appeals confirmed the results certified by every state.

It was, as the Republican Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency in the United States Department of Homeland Security declared, "the most secure in American history," and the Republican Attorney General pronounced fake claims to the contrary, "Bullshit!"

We don't restrict an American's right to vote based on "Bullshit!"

Your plan will certainly reduce voter turnout. I question whether the lost in voter partisipation in elections is worth assuring a minority of voters who happen to be almost all republicans that our elections are free of election fraud.
Your plan will certainly reduce voter turnout. I question whether the lost in voter partisipation in elections is worth assuring a minority of voters who happen to be almost all republicans that our elections are free of election fraud.
Why would it reduce voter turnout? The only thing it would eliminate would be fraudulent voters.

Isn't that the whole idea?
Of course it is. Large turnouts favor democrats, particular in large cities thus republicans do whatever they can to reduce that turnout. It's simple logic. If you can persuade the opposition not to vote, you will win the election. Republicans have been working to suppress democrat votes for decades. When I was young, republican controlled governments reduced the number of polling places in areas with a high percentage of minorities and restricted access to registration under the guise saving money . Today, republicans reduce the number ballot boxes, support picture id requirements, and restrict absentee balloting under the guise of preventing voter fraud. Make no mistake, the name of the game for republicans is suppressing democrat votes.

There is evidence in at least one study that show that conservatives are responsible for the voter fraud myth and they also are ones who believe it. As a result 1 in 6 republicans say they may not vote in the midterms unless something is done about voter fraud. So the movement to stop voter fraud, may actually be hurting republicans a lot more than democrats.

Despite the hysterical ravings of a loser, and those who who parrots his lies, no significant voter fraud that could possibly impact the outcome of the election was uncovered. Nothing prosecutable was found. Not a single suspect in the imaginary vast caper was exposed. There are no challenges to the election's legitimacy by any Republican prosecutors or politicians anywhere in America after all recounts, audits and court appeals confirmed the results certified by every state.

It was, as the Republican Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency in the United States Department of Homeland Security declared, "the most secure in American history," and the Republican Attorney General pronounced fake claims to the contrary, "Bullshit!"

That just goes to show you what a great job the Dems did in their cheating exploits.

1. Mailing voting should be available to everyone pending ID validation.
2. Everyone should be required to vote
3. Election Day should be a national holiday - and maybe the day after as well.
4. There should be a 'None of the Above' option on the ballot for all races.

How many voters if at all, would be “chased away”? When states and locals have instituted voter ID laws, who and how many have come forward screaming that they can’t vote as a result of the new policy? If they can’t produce an ID to vote once or twice a year, then they’ve got bigger problems impacting their everyday lives yet we don’t hear any pleas for assistance in the multitude of areas where an ID is required.
The requirement to flash an i.d., fake or otherwise, at a poll nanny is only one encumbrance. Denying Americans the right to vote early, to vote by mail - the security of which has been well-established by red states like Utah - to vote at conveniently-located drop-off boxes, etc. are all bureaucratic contrivances to limit an American exercising his right to vote.

Laws should be passed to prevent fraud only after fraud has been proven to be an actual problem, not one fantasized by paranoidal hyper-partisans as an excuse to limit voting.

Nearly two years after the American electorate opted to dump the Trump at their first opportunity, by a margin of over seven million votes, where are all the indictments for voter fraud? Who are the accused? Who are all the suspects and what legal recourses have been taken against them all? What states have decertified their electoral votes based upon fraud?

You trust computers more than most of us do. I want everybody to be able to trust the system.

The nice thing about computers is that they log everything. Every keystroke by any person at any time is logged and that data is automatically stored at an off-site location if the proper security arrangements are in effect. Access can be rigidly controlled, and at some point software updates can be denied. By anybody. IOW, no hacking of the programming or the data itself. And even if an attempt is made, that too can be logged and questions asked later. Protocols can be put in place to monitor the entire election process, and flags raised when anomalies arise as defined in the operating software.

Done properly and correctly, computer systems can be as accurate and trustworthy as possible. Fraud would be far more likely to occur at the point of data entry, and there's not much the system can do about that except to raise the anomaly flag when 5,000 votes come in and they're all for the same candidate. And that data can be simultaneously sent to any number of interested parties, including the media.

That just goes to show you what a great job the Dems did in their cheating exploits.
Trump bum kissers were already in awe of the 3-5 million bogus balloters who all escaped detection in 2016. Their awesome, invisibility cloak stealth had the Cry Baby Loser's lickspittles wee-weeing their frillies ever since then.

Trump Claims Without Evidence that 3 to 5 Million Voted Illegally, Vows Investigation

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 7.54.47 AM.png

What makes you think the Democrats won't cook up another one for the next election in 2024?
If we have firm rules in place, they won't be able to establish rules, policies, systems, processes that they think advantages them and disadvantages those on the right who are far more likely to vote in person.

It will only reduce voter turn out among those who don't give a damn or who are cheating the system. I don't see any big problem if those people don't vote.

If we have firm rules in place, they won't be able to establish rules, policies, systems, processes that they think advantages them and disadvantages those on the right who are far more likely to vote in person.
I have already posted where Pennsylvania is ignoring the SCOTUS decision regarding their counting absentee ballots. Blue states will likely follow suit and then what will you have? Fraud.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is part of the system created to advantage Democrats and that resulted in more than half the country distrusting the electoral process. Mayorkas could be the most corrupt and partisan secretary of that department that we've had since.

Please don't be part of the committee who are trying to derail this thread by making it a partisan issue. If you have suggestions for how to restore confidence in our elections among the majority of the electorate, please post them. Otherwise I will assume you are trolling the thread and will wish you a pleasant afternoon.

The nice thing about computers is that they log everything. Every keystroke by any person at any time is logged and that data is automatically stored at an off-site location if the proper security arrangements are in effect. Access can be rigidly controlled, and at some point software updates can be denied. By anybody. IOW, no hacking of the programming or the data itself. And even if an attempt is made, that too can be logged and questions asked later. Protocols can be put in place to monitor the entire election process, and flags raised when anomalies arise as defined in the operating software.

Done properly and correctly, computer systems can be as accurate and trustworthy as possible. Fraud would be far more likely to occur at the point of data entry, and there's not much the system can do about that except to raise the anomaly flag when 5,000 votes come in and they're all for the same candidate. And that data can be simultaneously sent to any number of interested parties, including the media.
Organizing and coordination sufficient numbers of bogus balloters to pervert an election one by one would be a monumental conspiracy to pull off undetected, incredibly inefficient given alternative options. Quite silly, actually, like trying to blow up a building with thousands of individual firecrackers rather than a single bomb.

Computerized tabulation has been shown to be more accurate than hand-counts, but preserving paper ballots for hand recounts can provide a further failsafe mechanism.

Biden himself said "It’s no longer about who gets to vote; it’s about making it harder to vote. It’s about who gets to count the vote and whether your vote counts at all." Well in all swing states with Democrats in power, it was Democrats counting the vote and largely making it impossible for anybody else to observe the counting. I don't know how many or if none or all did that honestly but it certainly didn't give anybody but partisan Democrats confidence in the process. If the situation has been reversed and it had been Republicans ejecting Democrat poll watchers and then resuming the counting, you know the Democrats would still be objecting and calling it an illegitimate/fraudulent/stolen election.

Again when I feed my ballot into the counting machine I have absolutely no way (and frankly these days little confidence) that my vote was counted as I voted. And if one side has a sufficient majority, there is no legal means to demand a hand recount.

Without accusing anybody of wrong doing, I want a system in place where Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Libertarians, Green Party, EVERYBODY is confident the vote was fair, honest, and competent.

Last edited:
I have already posted where Pennsylvania is ignoring the SCOTUS decision regarding their counting absentee ballots. Blue states will likely follow suit and then what will you have? Fraud.
If enough people refuse to follow the law, we have lost our constitutional republic. SCOTUS has no authority to enforce the law. The Congress, legislatures, private entities either follow their rulings or they don't and if you have a corrupt government entity at the federal, state, or local level, whatever they decree is the law is pretty much what the people have to live with. The Pennsylvania Secretary of State should be removed from office in my opinion but the people of Pennsylvania will have to do that.

What we don't want is a political party having supreme power to dictate what the law/policy/procedures will be to the point they can declare anything they want to declare and the people have no recourse. We then no longer have a constitutional republic but rather a totalitarian government.

I think the policy I proposed, and it could include some amendments several thoughtful people in this thread have proposed, would make it pretty much impossible for a totalitarian minded oligarchy to control our elections or vote unless they controlled all the states which an honest vote would likely prevent.

Forum List

Back