Please Righties, Just Stop....

When was the last time I was asked to prove my citizenship to get a job? Pretty much every job since the early 2000s. Everyone does in most jobs.

Now the birthers are crazies, that is a given.
You are lying. To prove your citizenship? Never. You need to produce a social security number, that's all. Never in all my 35 years of working in the US did any potential employer ask to see a birth certificate or passport. They only wanted a social security number.

When was the last time I was asked to prove my citizenship to get a job? Pretty much every job since the early 2000s. Everyone does in most jobs.

Really?

Its been a while since I applied for a job but I was never asked to "prove" citizenship.

There's a little box to check. End of story.

Of course, with the current level of craziness, it may now be a requirement.

You've never filled out an I-9?

One from Column A, one from Column B?
She said, you check a little box. No birth certificate is required to get a job, only a SS#.

You are lying. To prove your citizenship? Never. You need to produce a social security number, that's all. Never in all my 35 years of working in the US did any potential employer ask to see a birth certificate or passport. They only wanted a social security number.

Did I say anything about a birth certificate? I simply corrected someone's erroneous statement that no one has to prove their citizenship. You certainly DO have to prove your citizenship.

Concerning the I9 - Employment Eligibility Verification USCIS
"Form I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States. All U.S. employers must ensure proper completion of Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment in the United States. This includes citizens and noncitizens. Both employees and employers (or authorized representatives of the employer) must complete the form. On the form, an employee must attest to his or her employment authorization. The employee must also present his or her employer with acceptable documents evidencing identity and employment authorization. The employer must examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s) an employee presents to determine whether the document(s) reasonably appear to be genuine and to relate to the employee and record the document information on the Form I-9. The list of acceptable documents can be found on the last page of the form. Employers must retain Form I-9 for a designated period and make it available for inspection by authorized government officers."

Really?

Its been a while since I applied for a job but I was never asked to "prove" citizenship.

She said, you check a little box. No birth certificate is required to get a job, only a SS#.

Not just a social security number, but the card.

Just try to get a fishing license in a liberal state, insane documentation and ID are required.

I'm curious, what's needed in a blue state that's not required in a red state, to obtain a fishing license?

If you are curious go out and research it. Why do liberals all the time ask me to do their research while they sit around on their fat lazy welfare asses?

You two masters of debate should know that when a ridiculous claim is made, the burden of proof is on you. Now I'll let you two mass debaters get busy. :p

Just try to get a fishing license in a liberal state, insane documentation and ID are required.

I don't know why you think you have to lie about things.

I live in a very liberal state. I've gotten a fishing license many times.

It's one very short form and a fee. It takes maybe 5 minutes at the most. No ID is required nothing beyond a small form that asks for your address, name and social security number.

A person can do it quickly on line too. It takes even less time that way.

If you have to lie how valid is your point and why would you expect anyone to believe one word you said?

Really?

Anyone ever tell you your I-9 was a fake?

Really?

Anyone ever tell you your I-9 was a fake?

Nope. I had a valid drivers license and a social security card.

But then, no one was angry that I got hired. And no one spent years trying to discredit me either.

I'm curious, what's needed in a blue state that's not required in a red state, to obtain a fishing license?

If you are curious go out and research it. Why do liberals all the time ask me to do their research while they sit around on their fat lazy welfare asses?

You two masters of debate should know that when a ridiculous claim is made, the burden of proof is on you. Now I'll let you two mass debaters get busy. :p

You people are the masters of the ridiculous claims, for example saving $2,500 a year on health insurance or if you like your doctor and plan you can keep them. That ridiculous enough for you?

Wrong you most certainly do have to provide TWO forms of ID a picture ID driver license,or military ID or a birth certificate along with your SS,its been this way for years.

You people are the masters of the ridiculous claims, for example saving $2,500 a year on health insurance or if you like your doctor and plan you can keep them. That ridiculous enough for you?

You master of debate you! When all else fails, change the subject.

Wrong you most certainly do have to provide TWO forms of ID a picture ID driver license,or military ID or a birth certificate along with your SS,its been this way for years.

That's bullshit. I've never been asked for my Birth Certificate when applying for employment.

Your job at the firecracker stand does not count.

That's bullshit. I've never been asked for my Birth Certificate when applying for employment.

No one said you HAD to provide a copy of your birth certificate. It is one of the options on one list. If you showed them your valid drivers license and a social security card, you satisfied the requirement.

Then your employer were breaking the law.
You must provide ID it that simple,everyone new Tech I have hired has had to provide two form of ID it the law

I don't know why you think you have to lie about things.

I live in a very liberal state. I've gotten a fishing license many times.

It's one very short form and a fee. It takes maybe 5 minutes at the most. No ID is required nothing beyond a small form that asks for your address, name and social security number.

A person can do it quickly on line too. It takes even less time that way.

If you have to lie how valid is your point and why would you expect anyone to believe one word you said?

You are obviously ignorant of the licensing requirements in my state, probably because you incorrectly assume all liberal state licensing requirements are the same as yours. Work on your critical thinking skills.

The subject has not changed, you threw 'ridiculous claim' on the table for discussion and I gave you two liberal examples you can't top or even explain beyond admitting liberals who made those statements are liars.

Just because you weren't asked, doesn't mean it isn't asked. Did you apply to run as a candidate for the President of the United States?

When you apply to be a candidate for the job of the President of the United States, one of the criteria is proof of citizenship, which I would think is a BC. One of the requirements is proof that you are a natural born citizen. So there is every right to prove citizenship to the federal election officials.

That all said, the cry to see Obama's BC was settled way back when he went to run for President the first time. The FEC would have approved or denied with proof way back before the primaries started. So it is a non-issue, however for you to think he didn't need to provide a BC at the beginning is just plain stupid.

If Cruz decides to run, his citizenship as a natural born citizen will be resolved by the FEC long before the first primary.

No

Then your employer were breaking the law.
You must provide ID it that simple,everyone new Tech I have hired has had to provide two form of ID it the law

I've only said a dozen times, you only need a DL and SS card. If you don't have a SS card, my state will accept a receipt from the state showing you've applied for one. Then, when you receive your card (usually within 7 days) you take it to your place of employment so they can make a copy.

A DL and BC are not going to get you a job. You must provide proof of your SS number. I haven't had a hard copy of my BC in the past 15 years.

The subject has not changed, you threw 'ridiculous claim' on the table for discussion and I gave you two liberal examples you can't top or even explain beyond admitting liberals who made those statements are liars.

You need to try to keep up, or get back to your mass debating.

Forum List

Back