🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

plenty of jan 6 questions remain

Amazes me how people still whine about the "gallows" LOL
It was a fucking prop dude. Good grief.
Well, if you are supporting, and defending out of the fuller context, the protesters who built the gallows -- fine.

Now, if they were like protesters that may bring a burning/hanging effigy to protests -- cool.

But you people keep defending the horrific attack that followed a protest upon the nation's Capitol. A horrific and vicious attack upon the Capitol building itself, it's security personnel and the duly elected representatives of the people inside, who were performing their constitutional duties.

You people are usually insisting riots that follow peaceful protests, are one and the same, lacking any distinction whatsoever.

You people don't mind being disingenuous in conflating riots that follow peaceful protests, when those protests upset you. Yet here, you want to insist America be deaf, dumb, and blind to:

Try and refute something here:

Capitol riot gallows 1.jpg
Rioters and protesters swarming all over our beloved
Capitol building, which is one of our most sacred
(after our flag), national symbols

Well, if you are supporting, and defending out of the fuller context, the protesters who built the gallows -- fine.

Now, if they were like protesters that may bring a burning/hanging effigy to protests -- cool.

But you people keep defending the horrific attack that followed a protest upon the nation's Capitol. A horrific and vicious attack upon the Capitol building itself, it's security personnel and the duly elected representatives of the people inside, who were performing their constitutional duties.

You people are usually insisting riots that follow peaceful protests, are one and the same, lacking any distinction whatsoever.

You people don't mind being disingenuous in conflating riots that follow peaceful protests, when those protests upset you. Yet here, you want to insist America be deaf, dumb, and blind to:

View attachment 834017
...the doors of which were let open by the Capitol Police....

I'm not sure what has changed since this article was written. But it is fascinating in what it describes.

WASHINGTON — Hours after President Donald J. Trump announced a “wild” rally in Washington on Jan. 6, 2021, his supporters began discussing building a gallows in front of the Capitol.
“Could be built very quickly with the right plan and the right people bringing pre-cut materials to the site!” a user wrote on a pro-Trump online forum. “Anybody got a blueprint for a standing gallows like that? Who’s with me?!”
Days later, a second user posted a diagram describing the cuts of lumber and rope that would be needed to erect a gallows and fashion a noose. A lengthy planning discussion ensued. A third posted a manual on how to tie a hangman’s knot.
“We will be building a gallows right in front of the Capitol, so the traitors know the stakes,” another user wrote.

A striking array of far-right iconography littered the Capitol during the riot by Mr. Trump’s supporters, such as a Confederate flag, Crusader crosses, an Auschwitz-themed hoodie and “white power” hand gestures. But the gallows erected in front of the Capitol, where rioters chanted “Hang Mike Pence” as they stormed the building looking for the vice president, is one of the most chilling images to emerge from a day of violence and extremism.
It is also one of the bigger unsolved mysteries in the investigation into what happened that day. Seventeen months after the riot, little is known about it. No one has publicly claimed responsibility for erecting the gallows or been charged with setting it up. It appeared to be too small to be used, though its presence — along with the orange noose that hung from it against the backdrop of the Capitol dome — clearly conveyed a threat of physical violence.

(paywall issues) use: archiv.is

Stop being disingenuous or I will ignore you. If you want to play games, I hope you like solitaire. If you want a serious and reasoned discussion, it's up to you and how you respond, if at all.
What could be more serious than facts?
The Capitol Police opened up the doors and let the protestors in, its on video.
So is the murder of an innocent protestor by one of those Police.

View attachment 834017
I dont defend the attack. I do, however, find the biggest outrage about it is mostly hyperbolic.
Like the gallows. Or calling it an insurrection. Or saying it was worse thing to happen since the Civil War.

I dont defend the attack. I do, however, find the biggest outrage about it is mostly hyperbolic.
Like the gallows. Or calling it an insurrection. Or saying it was worse thing to happen since the Civil War.
Do you condemn the attack? And what do you call it?

Name a worse attack on the Capitol since the Civil War? The building of the gallows is one thing. And we have correspondence/digital referencing plans to build gallows and what they were to represent. Did they incite the crowd at all? And if so, to what purpose?

What could be more serious than facts?
The Capitol Police opened up the doors and let the protestors in, its on video.
So is the murder of an innocent protestor by one of those Police.
Some doors were. Others were not. When that crazed woman was shot, was she being let in?

You admit seeing the violence and attacks on LE? Did you read the indictments and pleas or trial transcripts of the violent rioters? Did you read their messages back and forth on their intentions?

Last edited:
People attack the bipartisan United States House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol Chaired by Representatives Bennie Thompson (D), and Liz Cheney (R). Fine. But they often do so by distorting and misrepresenting the facts. This is done for completely partisan, political gain.

And this thread, if is all about the Jan 6 committee, is a political discussion and not a discussion about Law and the Justice System.

This thread does not belong in
:

Law and Justice System​

FiveThirtyEight, a politics-focused website developed by statistician Nate Silver, said Cheney voted with Trump 92.9% of the time he was in office from 2017 to 2021. Her votes clashed with Trump's positions 13 times, according to the website's tally.

Amazes me how people still whine about the "gallows" LOL
It was a fucking prop dude. Good grief.
ON top of that? We have no idea who started that chanting, or who was doing what. Over half that crowd was masked. The FBI still had to go back and do an audit, and find out how many were paid to be there and find out who did what. . . 😜

Clown world.

FBI lost count of how many paid informants were at Capitol on Jan. 6, and later performed audit to figure out exact number: ex-official​

But folks will repeat narratives without a shred of proof.

SOme doors were. Others were not. When that crazed woman was shot, was she being let in?

You admit seeing the violence and attacks on LE? Did you read the indictments and pleas or trial transcripts of the violent rioters? Did you read their messages back and forth on their intentions?
Crazed woman? :rolleyes-41:

ON top of that? We have no idea who started that chanting, or who was doing what. Over half that crowd was masked. The FBI still had to go back and do an audit, and find out how many were paid to be there and find out who did what. . . 😜

Clown world.

FBI lost count of how many paid informants were at Capitol on Jan. 6, and later performed audit to figure out exact number: ex-official​

But folks will repeat narratives without a shred of proof.
Your narrative(s) aren't false? :eusa_shhh:

As far as informants go? You seem to be implying things -- for instance, conflating definitions of what constitutes an 'informant' and what constitutes a provocateur.

We know from emails, texts, messages and other sources that the violent rioters (insurrectionists), were intent on being violent and intent on getting into the Capitol in order to stop the elected officials from performing their constitutional duties. The seriously violent rioters were not provoked, they did the provoking.

I could expound further, but doing so would depend on how this post is engaged.

Yes, unarmed and climbing through a window...crazed.

No need to move the goalposts.
It was a riot.
your goal post:

If you can't or won't stick to a civil and reasoned discussion, and want to play 'score cheap points' I'm through here.

Name a worse attack on the Capitol since the Civil War?

You mean something that wasn't a result of negligence & purposeful institutional dereliction of duty. A worse attack that the STATE didn't know was coming, and didn't purposely use it as a political excuse to create a show trial out of, to prosecute its political enemies over?

SURE.

Bomb in Capitol Causes Wide Damage​

By John W. Finney Special to The New York Times
  • March 2, 1971
81875458_360W.png

"WASHINGTON, Match 1—A bomb, apparently planted by a group or person protesting against the Vietnam war, ex ploded early this morning in the Senate wing of the Capitol, causing extensive damage but no injuries.

The powerful explosion oc curred in an unmarked out‐of‐ the‐way men's lavatory on the ground floor of the building. It damaged seven rooms, knock ing plaster off walls, jarring chandeliers and blowing doors off their hinges. . . . "

your goal post:

If you can't or won't stick to a civil and reasoned discussion, and want to play 'score cheap points' I'm through here.
YOU added "worst attack on the capitol" son. Thats not what I said, nor is it what people were saying.
If you dont know how to forum properly, im through here.

You mean something that wasn't a result of negligence & purposeful institutional dereliction of duty. A worse attack that the STATE didn't know was coming, and didn't purposely use it as a political excuse to create a show trial out of, to prosecute its political enemies over?

SURE.

Bomb in Capitol Causes Wide Damage​

By John W. Finney Special to The New York Times
  • March 2, 1971
81875458_360W.png

"WASHINGTON, Match 1—A bomb, apparently planted by a group or person protesting against the Vietnam war, ex ploded early this morning in the Senate wing of the Capitol, causing extensive damage but no injuries.

The powerful explosion oc curred in an unmarked out‐of‐ the‐way men's lavatory on the ground floor of the building. It damaged seven rooms, knock ing plaster off walls, jarring chandeliers and blowing doors off their hinges. . . . "

"negligence & purposeful institutional dereliction of duty?"

So while it was sensational it was a minor assault? I remember the Puerto Rican group too. The lives of both houses of the Congress, some with families present and the life of the VP and his family were in danger during Jan 6.

Comments from most everyone, even MTG have gone to how seriously threatened they felt.

And people who support and defend a man who proudly asserts his misrepresentations and lies are merely 'truthful hyperbole' have no credibility here.

Forum List

Back