Plenty of jobs out there if you look

There is an industrial laundry service here in town and they have had a 'help wanted' sign up for over 6 months.

There actually is plenty of WORK, but most people are not interested in working too hard.

Well no.

It took me close to a year to find a job that matched the skill set in the industry I was in.

That's the thing about getting laid off and being a professional. You cannot take a job in another field and expect to get one in the field you were in.

Even if you want too.

I recall my father losing his job and driving 7 hours a day for a job in order to honor his responsibility of feeding a family of 6.

Men like that have mostly all died off and the freeloaders have taken over..

I doubt anyone who so needs work could afford to take a job where they'd have to drive 7 hours a day to get back and forth to work.

The cost of gas makes that nearly impossible for the average workers incomes today.

Both my parents usually worked one and a half jobs to support our small family.

Of course back in those days one could find a fair well paying decent job in a week or less.

Those days are done, sport

It was that way until one year before the Obama years, at least for the ones that wanted to work. Over the years I had jobs that sucked or bosses that were jerks in order to get by. It just seems these days it's more comfortable to be a burden of society.

If You've Ever Heard People Say, 'There Are Plenty Of Jobs Out There...' Then Take A Look At This

jolts-2.png

so what you're telling us here is that Obama obviously hasn't fixed the economy and has done nothing to create jobs. a picture is worth 1000 words

Nutters must know what it feels like to be twisted like a pretzel. In Nutterland, there are jobs available but their fellow Americans are too lazy to do them. And...at the same time, Obama has been a job killer like no other.

It's Nutterland, folks. Anything is possible....as long as it can be blames on someone else!

https://www.jobgateway.pa.gov/jponline/JobSeeker/ManageJobSearch/FindJobs.aspx

over 9400 job openings within 50 miles of where I live in the last 14 days

people need to take what they can get instead of looking for that dream job or nothing

But if a person is only offered 10 hours work a week, and the workplace is 50 miles away, they are driving 100 miles every day to work ten hours a week. Take out the cost of petrol, and they are losing more than they earn.

Yes, people need to stop being so picky - but they need to take jobs that are financially viable for them, too.

There is an industrial laundry service here in town and they have had a 'help wanted' sign up for over 6 months.

There actually is plenty of WORK, but most people are not interested in working too hard.

I'd work there, no problem.

I applied for a job in a laundry a few months ago. No experience needed. I was available to start immediately, could work overnight shifts if they wanted.

They knocked me back because I didn't have enough experience. After telling me I didn't need experience.

Its a joke.

Forum List

Back