🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pocahontas is Delusional, Says Unions Will Make a Comeback

she's right, my friends.

unions built the middle class, unions will rebuild the middle class!
Will you unionize fast food workers and triple their salary and triple their benefits immedietely? How much do you think the cheapest burger will cost then?

Or will we return to the day when the store owner and his family produce quality burgers at a fair price. Fast food burgers are nothing more than a fuel stop, they are horrible.

• Free post secondary education is necessary, if we are to compete with students from Asia and Europe.
    • Technology
    • Health
    • Recreation
    • Trades
  • Jr. Colleges are supported by local school taxes, and provide training in all four of these areas, + jobs in Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting, and numerous civil service jobs
  • NYU Med School has zero tuition, other Med Schools are following in their foot steps.

"Free".... :rolleyes:
And the stupid train never ends.

You seem incapable of thinking outside the box, that's pitiful.

Nope.
I have enough common sense to know nothing is free. Nothing.
You ready to pay 50% income taxes? As well as considerably higher local taxes? - Or higher?
Nearly all of Europe enjoys the safety net provided by the American military. It is what keeps them from having to spend so much on defense.
And they have income taxes up to and over 50% - WITHOUT having to spend so much on defense.
You do realize that the current skyrocketing tuition rates was caused by the government. Right? Surely you know this.

• Free post secondary education is necessary, if we are to compete with students from Asia and Europe.
    • Technology
    • Health
    • Recreation
    • Trades
  • Jr. Colleges are supported by local school taxes, and provide training in all four of these areas, + jobs in Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting, and numerous civil service jobs
  • NYU Med School has zero tuition, other Med Schools are following in their foot steps.

Nope.
You ready to pay 50% income taxes? As well as considerably higher local taxes? - Or higher?
Nearly all of Europe enjoys the safety net provided by the American military. It is what keeps them from having to spend so much on defense.
And they have income taxes up to and over 50% - WITHOUT having to spend so much on defense.
You do realize that the current skyrocketing tuition rates was caused by the government. Right? Surely you know this.

Spell this out ^^^ in dollars and sense.

If we are able to train American students to earn a certificate and the skills to go immediately to work in a job with good wages and benefits, and buy locally, pay local taxes and be productive members of society, are we not ahead of the game?

• Technology
    • Health
    • Recreation
    • Trades

Nope.

If we are able to train American students to earn a certificate and the skills to go immediately to work in a job with good wages and benefits, and buy locally, pay local taxes and be productive members of society, are we not ahead of the game?
First of all trade schools have disappeared from the landscape. And that is also the fault of the federal government and the Dept. of Edu.
The mantra of the 90's - 2010's is "everyone should go to college" is an absolute farce. Indeed, many colleges and I mean MANY have graduation rates below 10%.
All the while trade schools are closing everywhere because they cannot attract students...who are only interested in going to college.
Secondly, kids are migrating to the cities. And have been for the past 20 years. Smaller communities are reeling from diminishing tax bases as boomers die off and millennials move away.
How would you propose stopping that?

Do you have facts to support the opinion that what you claim didn't happen by accident?

Obama inherited an economic crisis. Obama had no map and a hostile Republican Party to contend with.
I hope your not serious.

I'M VERY SERIOUS. I'M TIRED OF THE LIES, HALF-TRUTHS, RUMORS, CHARACTER ASSASSINATIONS, CONSPIRACY THEORIES, HATE AND FEAR MONGERING WHICH SEEM TO BE ALL THE RIGHT HAS TO OFFER.

That is all you offer and then you get offended and tattle tale when challenged.

You're full of shit. Your post, "I hope your (sic) not serious" is an idiot-gram. Both my points are factually true, Obama inherited an economic crisis and had no map to follow; and, McConnell and the other members of Congress were hostile to every effort made by Obama to fix what the prior Congress and White House fucked up.

Triggered. LOL

You’re such a loser

Do you have facts to support the opinion that what you claim didn't happen by accident?

Obama inherited an economic crisis. Obama had no map and a hostile Republican Party to contend with.
I hope your not serious.

I'M VERY SERIOUS. I'M TIRED OF THE LIES, HALF-TRUTHS, RUMORS, CHARACTER ASSASSINATIONS, CONSPIRACY THEORIES, HATE AND FEAR MONGERING WHICH SEEM TO BE ALL THE RIGHT HAS TO OFFER.

That is all you offer and then you get offended and tattle tale when challenged.

You're full of shit. Your post, "I hope your (sic) not serious" is an idiot-gram. Both my points are factually true, Obama inherited an economic crisis and had no map to follow; and, McConnell and the other members of Congress were hostile to every effort made by Obama to fix what the prior Congress and White House fucked up.
Not true. 12 years earlier Sweden went through a similar economic crisis resulting from a real estate bubble bursting, but unlike Obama's deer in the headlights policy, the Swedish government took quick action, taking over the banks and providing enough cash to prevent the recession they were starting to have to get worse. Left wing economists urged Obama to take similar action to Sweden's to prevent the credit contraction to drive the economy into a deep recession, but Obama was apparently concerned he would be seen as too liberal if he did. Obama simply wasn't up to the job.

• Technology
    • Health
    • Recreation
    • Trades

Nope.

First of all trade schools have disappeared from the landscape. And that is also the fault of the federal government and the Dept. of Edu.
The mantra of the 90's - 2010's is "everyone should go to college" is an absolute farce. Indeed, many colleges and I mean MANY have graduation rates below 10%.
All the while trade schools are closing everywhere because they cannot attract students...who are only interested in going to college.
Secondly, kids are migrating to the cities. And have been for the past 20 years. Smaller communities are reeling from diminishing tax bases as boomers die off and millennials move away.
How would you propose stopping that?

Provide evidence it is the fault of the Federal Government & the Dept of Ed. that trade schools have disappeared? A number still exist but many promise more than what they provide; too many students end up with a huge debt and no employment.

There is no doubt that too many school districts are failing to provide an education necessary and sufficient to secure well paying employment with only a HS Diploma.

Which is why I've advocated on another forum for urban, suburban and rural school districts to provide two addition years of secondary education for free, for those who do want or cannot afford or qualify for attending a 4-year college or university.

Adding two years which provides a comprehensive curriculum on 21st Century jobs, their MQ's + salary, benefits and where such employment will be needed, is something many students without a desire to study more English, Math or History would find intersting; adding field trips to the business or industry which will need ready to work new employees in the immediate future gives them a goal.

Of course the next 18 months would prepare the student in completing MQ's, and working as an intern or apprentice in one or more fields of their interest. It would require a public - private coordination.

Last edited:
The golden days when a man could feed a family of four and have a little home with a white picket fence without anything but a high school diploma are gone.

Where do you live, New York City? Get out to the midwest, life is still real here.
I'm in a rural area. The middle class route for those with no "trade" and no college is pretty much closed now. We've got lots and lots of those folks. They're living in junky apartments or rusty mobile homes unless they're real go getters and their partners are working equally hard.

Old Lady

Do you know how many Septic Pumps I have had to change in the last two plus years because the younger generation can not be bothered to learn?

Or

How many times a damn neighbor ask me to change belts on their Deer tractors because again a young male or female refuse to even youtube to learn?

There are so many things someone can do to earn a extra dollar that require to almost no education and just a lot of damn commonsense!

I took an entire kitchen sink area and moved it to tie into the bathroom plumbing in a small Apartment so the tenant could have a sitting area...

Never did it before but did it once and it worked...

My point?

Commonsense and willingness to work hard in dirty jobs is something many refuse to do...

Because the Government will give them the money for nothing...
My point, if anyone could please take the time to actually READ my post, is that people with only a high school diploma can't command the wages to own a home and support a wife and children on his salary alone like he could during the glory days of manufacturing and unions. That is all I'm saying. Sure people do those jobs. They paint houses and patch roofs and cut evergreen tips for Christmas wreaths and work gutting and fileting fish at the raised salmon factory. They can do stuff. They are not "middle class." I was not calling them lazy, Bruce.

You do know Plumbers make damn good money, right?

It does not require a four year, five year, eight year or even ten year degree from some college either...

Also you should check the Starting wages for Sealy Mattress outside Houston and then look at the cost of living before stating a young person can not live off that wage!

Maybe you should study the jobs first and then comment because a young adult can obtain a decent paying job but it mean they need to work and that is something many in today time refuse to do!

Most American workers are underpaid considering they are the most dedicated, productive, and greatest workers in the world by far. Rarely complaining always working till they have nothing left.

I hope your not serious.

Triggered. LOL

You’re such a loser

You're such a dipshit.

Much of it is.

Hard work is 99% of it. You think Bill Gates stumbled on Microsoft?
His dad was rather successful. Gates business practices can be questioned,

You’re kidding right? He has given billions to charity via the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
What does that have to do with how he made it? He hasn’t worked in a very long time.

But he worked 24/7 initially. You’re jealous eh?
Wow he never slept. That makes your claim so believable.

The golden days when a man could feed a family of four and have a little home with a white picket fence without anything but a high school diploma are gone.

Where do you live, New York City? Get out to the midwest, life is still real here.
I'm in a rural area. The middle class route for those with no "trade" and no college is pretty much closed now. We've got lots and lots of those folks. They're living in junky apartments or rusty mobile homes unless they're real go getters and their partners are working equally hard.

Old Lady

Do you know how many Septic Pumps I have had to change in the last two plus years because the younger generation can not be bothered to learn?

Or

How many times a damn neighbor ask me to change belts on their Deer tractors because again a young male or female refuse to even youtube to learn?

There are so many things someone can do to earn a extra dollar that require to almost no education and just a lot of damn commonsense!

I took an entire kitchen sink area and moved it to tie into the bathroom plumbing in a small Apartment so the tenant could have a sitting area...

My point?

Commonsense and willingness to work hard in dirty jobs is something many refuse to do...

My point, if anyone could please take the time to actually READ my post, is that people with only a high school diploma can't command the wages to own a home and support a wife and children on his salary alone like he could during the glory days of manufacturing and unions. That is all I'm saying. Sure people do those jobs. They paint houses and patch roofs and cut evergreen tips for Christmas wreaths and work gutting and fileting fish at the raised salmon factory. They can do stuff. They are not "middle class." I was not calling them lazy, Bruce.

It does not require a four year, five year, eight year or even ten year degree from some college either...

Also you should check the Starting wages for Sealy Mattress outside Houston and then look at the cost of living before stating a young person can not live off that wage!

Maybe you should study the jobs first and then comment because a young adult can obtain a decent paying job but it mean they need to work and that is something many in today time refuse to do!

Where do you get your "facts"? Why do you claim many young adults refuse to work. My oldest son has a math degree, worked in the tech area as a contract employee, no benefits and when one year of work was completed, he and others were let go before they would have earned benefits. That happened to him twice.

M. left that game and now drives for UPS, he is in the Teamsters Union and has 6 weeks vacation, full medical and earns $90k per year.

I hope your not serious.

Triggered. LOL

You’re such a loser

You're such a dipshit.

I am not the 70 year old tattle tale. That’s you.

Hard work is 99% of it. You think Bill Gates stumbled on Microsoft?

You’re kidding right? He has given billions to charity via the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
What does that have to do with how he made it? He hasn’t worked in a very long time.

Hyperbole is lost on you. Communists are odd.

I just recognize you have bad arguments. You calling me communist? You are the one supporting trumps big government policies.

Triggered. LOL

You’re such a loser

You're such a dipshit.

I can tell, you are extremely immature.

Old Lady

Or

My point?

Where do you get your "facts"? Why do you claim many young adults refuse to work. My oldest son has a math degree, worked in the tech area as a contract employee, no benefits and when one year of work was completed, he and others were let go before they would have earned benefits. That happened to him twice.

M. left that game and now drives for UPS, he is in the Teamsters Union and has 6 weeks vacation, full medical and earns $90k per year.

No wonder why I never get my packages

Triggered. LOL

You’re such a loser

You're such a dipshit.

I can tell, you are extremely immature.

My sons are 41 and 36 and don't spend their time on message boards as do you. Both are responsible parents and FT employees.

I just recognize you have bad arguments. You calling me communist? You are the one supporting trumps big government policies.

I am? You’re the one vilifying billionaires. Communism 101.

Forum List

Back