Police: Driver admitted to intentionally killing teen at North Dakota street dance after political dispute

FFS. One young man dead, and this guy with a family going to go to prison.

Was this inspired by Biden's Nuremberg speech that desecrated Independence Hall?

A 41-year-old North Dakota man has admitted to intentionally running over and killing a teenager, claiming that it was because he was involved with a “Republican extremist group.”

The incident took place at approximately 2:30 a.m. on September 18, in McHenry.

In the moments before his death, Cayler Ellingson, 18, called his mother for help because Shannon Brandt, 41, was chasing him in his SUV. Ellingson was on foot after leaving a street dance that he had just attended.

The teenager asked his mother if she knew the man, which she did, but she does not believe that her son knew him, according to a report from the Grand Forks Herald.

By the time the mother arrived at the scene, Ellingson had been killed.

Brandt had called 9-1-1 and confessed that he intentionally ran over Ellingson. He told the police that they had got into an argument and that the teenager was part of a “Republican extremist group.”

According to law enforcement, Brandt was drunk at the time of the killing.

On Monday, Brandt was charged with vehicular homicide and leaving the scene of a deadly accident. The police department told the paper that “more serious” charges may be added later.

The judge ordered Brandt held on $50,000 bail, which he objected to — citing his house, job, and family.

“I have a job, a life and a house and things I don’t want to see go by the wayside — family that are very important to me,” Brandt said during the hearing.

If convicted, Brandt faces a maximum of 20 years in prison and a likely minimum of ten, due to a prior DUI conviction.

Was this inspired by Biden's Nuremberg speech that desecrated Independence Hall?

A 41-year-old North Dakota man has admitted to intentionally running over and killing a teenager, claiming that it was because he was involved with a “Republican extremist group.”

In the moments before his death, Cayler Ellingson, 18, called his mother for help because Shannon Brandt, 41, was chasing him in his SUV. Ellingson was on foot after leaving a street dance that he had just attended.
The teenager asked his mother if she knew the man, which she did, but she does not believe that her son knew him, according to a report from the Grand Forks Herald.
Brandt had called 9-1-1 and confessed that he intentionally ran over Ellingson. He told the police that they had got into an argument and that the teenager was part of a “Republican extremist group.”
On Monday, Brandt was charged with vehicular homicide and leaving the scene of a deadly accident. The police department told the paper that “more serious” charges may be added later.
The judge ordered Brandt held on $50,000 bail, which he objected to — citing his house, job, and family.
“I have a job, a life and a house and things I don’t want to see go by the wayside — family that are very important to me,” Brandt said during the hearing.
If convicted, Brandt faces a maximum of 20 years in prison and a likely minimum of ten, due to a prior DUI conviction.

You said it well.

Biden is an accessory.

After Biden's hate speech, this leftist thought he had a license to kill "Republican extremists" on sight. We're going to see much, much more of this.

20 years for first degree murder? Is this a great country or what! :)

I love how people say shit like "this is the result of all of the inflammatory rhetoric that has been coming from both sides" when a bed wetter kills someone. Yet if there's even a hint of violence from the right it's "proof right wingers are all violent extremists".

There has never been a more violent political movement or agenda than that waged by marxist zealots. Leftist sociopaths are the most vicious and violent lunatics the world has ever seen because people have to be forced to accept collectivization of their shit.

No one has ever had to be killed to accept freedom.

Biden's hate speech essentially declared open season on Republicans, conservatives, Trump supporters, gun owners, pro-lifers, and any other white people who are convenient targets. This nutjob thought he had a license to kill issued by his president, and he took it for a spin.

“But, but, but, wHiTe sUpRemAcY is the most dangerous thing out there!”

Lefties are deranged. This guy represents how unhinged they are. The man could be any one of the many lefty posters we have here.
Well the kid was part of an extremist Republican group!

Forum List

Back