Police kill man in Maryland over red flag law

If gun owning is your hobby, you just have to eat it. Go take up golf, instead.
Make me.

I'm just saying that you have to assume absolutely all responsibility for this crazy hobby of yours, little man. You're such a tough widdle boy when you've got your little artificial genital in your hand.
I am not now nor will I ever be responsible for the actions of other people

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Y'all don't want crazy people to be able to purchase firearms unless you are crazy yourself. You don't trust the government to fairly enforce the law and you criticize Police Officers for protecting themselves so where does that leave us?
Where was it proven that this guy was crazy?

He had no notice of a hearing
He had no legal counsel
There was no evaluation by a medical professional

The safety of all requires that the weapons be removed first. Then the person can get legal counsel, be evaluated by a medical professional, attend a hearing. If you think that you can get an armed man to submit to a psych eval willingly, you are a nut, yourself.

Not knowing what lead up to the cops knocking on this guys door makes it impossible to comment with any accuracy.
They were there to serve the red flag order and confiscate his firearms

If it turns out he was in his front yard threatening people the action would be justified.

And whose word will you take?
You do know that there is no such thing as a "corrupt cop" don't you?

Since this was just a scenario I hardly think that comes into play.
I still want to know what lead up to the cops being at his door.
Anonymous tip?
I mean whats the criteria when it comes to taking someones guns?
I already told you why the cops were there.

Someone told a judge that they thought he was a danger to himself or others and the judge issued a red flag order

I wanna know who and the veracity and content of their complaints.
Obviously someone said something or they wouldnt have shown up at his door.

Y'all don't want crazy people to be able to purchase firearms unless you are crazy yourself. You don't trust the government to fairly enforce the law and you criticize Police Officers for protecting themselves so where does that leave us?
Where was it proven that this guy was crazy?

He had no notice of a hearing
He had no legal counsel
There was no evaluation by a medical professional

The safety of all requires that the weapons be removed first. Then the person can get legal counsel, be evaluated by a medical professional, attend a hearing. If you think that you can get an armed man to submit to a psych eval willingly, you are a nut, yourself.
There was no proof he was a danger.

They were there to serve the red flag order and confiscate his firearms

If it turns out he was in his front yard threatening people the action would be justified.

Anonymous tip?

Someone told a judge that they thought he was a danger to himself or others and the judge issued a red flag order

What about the red flag laws do you not understand?

Someone who was deemed a significant person in this man's life brought the petition for a protective order to the court. And a judge rubber stamped the protection order as they always do in these cases.

The point is that the accused was never told that he would be the subject of a hearing, he had no opportunity to have legal representation or to have his counsel examine evidence that he was actually a danger to himself or others

Anonymous tip?

Someone who was deemed a significant person in this man's life brought the petition for a protective order to the court. And a judge rubber stamped the protection order as they always do in these cases.

The point is that the accused was never told that he would be the subject of a hearing, he had no opportunity to have legal representation or to have his counsel examine evidence that he was actually a danger to himself or others
The cowards currently squatting in this nation, which would gladly dispense with everyone’s freedoms, for their own personal sense of safety are legion. Our wise founders warned us of what such trade offs lead to. But most of the timid cowards don’t care. They are banking on being dead before the time comes to reap their bitter harvest.

The Red Flag laws are designed to prevent crazy people from obtaining and possessing firearms. It's a reasonable compromise where family members and neighbors can report people who brandish weapons and seem incoherent. The law allows those people to state their case before a judge but it doesn't allow them to point a firearm at Police Officers. The system works.
No, that is wrong. The red flag laws are designed to make SWATing, attempted murder, and ACTUAL murder of gun owners legal.

Anonymous tip?

You act like I support red flag laws.

About 138 Police Officers died in the line of duty last year. It's clear the Police Officers acted properly in this case.The moral of the story is don't blame Police Officers for enforcing a law that you don't care for. Get off your dead ass and elect politicians who will change it or live with it and stop whining.

Anonymous tip?

No I'm not but you keep asking the same question over and over

Anonymous tip?

No I'm not but you keep asking the same question over and over

No,the guts of my question haven't been answered and I suspect it never will be.
The thing that sucks about this law is anyone can turn anyone in.
If it's a family members who's in a position to really know the situation I might be a little more receptive.

No,the guts of my question haven't been answered and I suspect it never will be.
If it's a family members who's in a position to really know the situation I might be a little more receptive.

Exactly. It's a pure blatant violation of the 5th. But who cares in a libtard state like VA, actually 11-13 states now and it has been used in many of them, some over 100 times. That due process when police just show up? No meet your accuser, no trial, nothing but guilty until proven innocent. That the way it is? Guess so. Libs think "so what, after you been raped, then go see a judge 2 years later"

I been hearing this guncontrol shit and we gonna take your gun for too long. Fuk red flag. Fuk libs. Fuk lib govt. I'm old, I'm tired of this shit, come take my gun.

Who says that says cops won't enforce unconstitutional laws? I call BS. Some will and it is those who are the nazis.

View attachment 303249

FERNADALE, Md. (WJZ) — A 61-year-old man is dead after he was shot by an officer trying to enforce Maryland’s new ‘red flag’ law in Ferndale Monday morning.

Anne Arundel County Police confirmed the police-involved shooting happened in the 100 block of Linwood Avenue around 5:17 a.m.

Maryland’s ‘Red Flag’ Law Turns Deadly: Officer Kills Man Who Refused To Turn In Gun

Virginia House passes Dems' gun reform laws 10 days after protests

View attachment 303639

Probably right after the National Rampage Association made it easy for Criminals to get Military Grade weapons.

I mean, it's a great scam if you are the gun manufacturers. YOu sell really high powered weapons to crooks, the cops need to buy high powered weapons to keep up, and you scare little Mr. White Trash into thinking he done needs him an AR-15, too, in case the police or the darkies come to get him.

Maybe it's time to put away the matches and clean up the gasoline.

Who says that says cops won't enforce unconstitutional laws? I call BS. Some will and it is those who are the nazis.

View attachment 303249

FERNADALE, Md. (WJZ) — A 61-year-old man is dead after he was shot by an officer trying to enforce Maryland’s new ‘red flag’ law in Ferndale Monday morning.

Anne Arundel County Police confirmed the police-involved shooting happened in the 100 block of Linwood Avenue around 5:17 a.m.

Maryland’s ‘Red Flag’ Law Turns Deadly: Officer Kills Man Who Refused To Turn In Gun

Virginia House passes Dems' gun reform laws 10 days after protests

View attachment 303639

Probably right after the National Rampage Association made it easy for Criminals to get Military Grade weapons.

I mean, it's a great scam if you are the gun manufacturers. YOu sell really high powered weapons to crooks, the cops need to buy high powered weapons to keep up, and you scare little Mr. White Trash into thinking he done needs him an AR-15, too, in case the police or the darkies come to get him.

Maybe it's time to put away the matches and clean up the gasoline.
People do not trust you. Your agendas once started, keeps moving.

Exactly. It's a pure blatant violation of the 5th. But who cares in a libtard state like VA, actually 11-13 states now and it has been used in many of them, some over 100 times. That due process when police just show up? No meet your accuser, no trial, nothing but guilty until proven innocent. That the way it is? Guess so. Libs think "so what, after you been raped, then go see a judge 2 years later"

I been hearing this guncontrol shit and we gonna take your gun for too long. Fuk red flag. Fuk libs. Fuk lib govt. I'm old, I'm tired of this shit, come take my gun.

Ask all of those people who have been killed by relatives on a rampage whether they got due process. Oh, wait. You can't.

Ask all of those people who have been killed by relatives on a rampage whether they got due process. Oh, wait. You can't.

Far more are killed by by thugs in dem inner cities.
Where was their due process?
If we got rid of inner city gangs and thugs our murder rate would plummet.

I doubt it. How could you ever demonstrate the truth of what you are asserting?

I doubt it. How could you ever demonstrate the truth of what you are asserting?

Have you not seen the murder rates in dem cities?
Almost all attributed to inner city ghettos.

Forum List

Back