Police officer threatened and assaulted

What happens? The offending person is only charged with a misdemeanor.

OPINION: Traffic stop involving Clarksville cop example of why many question system
From the OP's link: "Laws must be enforced equally, or the system and those who are paid to manage it must change." I agree with the first premise. It appears that many support the second option which could go many ways...towards or away from a police state, towards or away from anarchy....neither good. Balance is workable but hard, especially with shapeshifter types of political leaders in the mix.

What happens? The offending person is only charged with a misdemeanor.

OPINION: Traffic stop involving Clarksville cop example of why many question system
When the guy grabbed him, the trooper should have shot him until he was no longer a threat. That is what I would have done, and I am not even a state trooper. There is no law that says you must participate hand to hand when being attacked. Hate to sound racial, but Coburn must be a white guy or the undertaker would be packing his ass right now.

When the guy grabbed him, the trooper should have shot him until he was no longer a threat. That is what I would have done, and I am not even a state trooper. There is no law that says you must participate hand to hand when being attacked. Hate to sound racial, but Coburn must be a white guy or the undertaker would be packing his ass right now.
I'm thinking they knew each other. IN trooper free to travel the state and Clarksville cop in Clark County within the southern border. No proof, only guessing.

Simple assault involves an intentional act that causes another person to be in reasonable fear of an imminent battery. Simple assault may also involve an attempt to cause harm to another person, where that attempt does not succeed.

In most states, Simple Assault is a misdemeanor.

Forum List

Back