Police raid man's home over Facebook photo of son with rifle

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
By Rick Moran
March 20, 2013

What kind of parent allows an 11-year old kid to pose with a rifle?

A certified firearms instructor for the NRA:

New Jersey police and Dept. of Children and Families officials raided the home of a firearms instructor and demanded to see his guns after he posted a Facebook photo of his 11-year-old son holding a rifle.​

"Someone called family services about the photo," said Evan Nappen, an attorney representing Shawn Moore. "It led to an incredible, heavy-handed raid on his house. They wanted to see his gun safe, his guns and search his house. They even threatened to take his kids."

Moore was not arrested or charged.

Read more: Blog: Police raid man's home over Facebook photo of son with rifle

A certified firearms instructor for the NRA

Is that a question and its answer?

Why would anyone be surprised that an NRA "instructor" (LOL) would let his kid play with a gun? What an idiot.

As for the "raid", I'd much rather read that instead of the headline

NRA instructor's kid accidentally shot to death or accidentally shot baby sister to death"

Whats next? Kids that are given toy guns will be rounded up by the state because the parents are obviously unfit to raise the children?

Whats next? Kids that are given toy guns will be rounded up by the state because the parents are obviously unfit to raise the children?

Now see ... Here's the real problem with the nutters. They don't even know that toy guns don't kill little kids but REAL guns do.

Really gives an idea of how basic our laws and education needs to be.

Obviously, the intelligent adults really have their work cut out for them.

Why would anyone be surprised that an NRA "instructor" (LOL) would let his kid play with a gun? What an idiot.

NRA instructor's kid accidentally shot to death or accidentally shot baby sister to death"

I did not read where he was allowing his son to play with the gun. I am unfamiliar with the state laws of New Jersey but where do they have the right to ask to see his guns or gun safe? I don't believe the whole story was in print.

I did not read where he was allowing his son to play with the gun. I am unfamiliar with the state laws of New Jersey but where do they have the right to ask to see his guns or gun safe? I don't believe the whole story was in print.

Where did I even address either of those two points?

Read the rest of the story at the (VERY biased) link and decide for yourself. Or, if you're curious about the laws of that area, look them up or call an attorney.

do you think minors should be allowed to go hunting with their parents ??

Uh..yes.

Somewhere I have an old picture of my brother, aged 9, posing with his first shotgun.

What's more...I was 2 years older, and he and I used to go bird hunting together with our dog.

Horrors.

Where did I even address either of those two points?

Read the rest of the story at the (VERY biased) link and decide for yourself. Or, if you're curious about the laws of that area, look them up or call an attorney.

You stated "Why would anyone be surprised that an NRA "instructor" (LOL) would let his kid play with a gun? What an idiot."

His son has a hunting license and is a certified to carry a gun.

Without a warrant, they don't, and the home owner denied them access.

Not if the parent(s) have a brain and actually use it. And, of course, it depends on what they're hunting. In the case of George Zimmerman, for example, I might be against his parents taking him hunting.

People are stupid about guns and we all know it. That's why so many kids are killed "accidentally".

The source of this article can't be trusted so there's no way to know what really happened.

Not if the parent(s) have a brain and actually use it. And, of course, it depends on what they're hunting. In the case of George Zimmerman, for example, I might be against his parents taking him hunting.

People are stupid about guns and we all know it. That's why so many kids are killed "accidentally".

The source of this article can't be trusted so there's no way to know what really happened.

I shot my first gun when I was seven or eight years old. Stop being a candy ass, Dudley.

only an idiot would not train a child how to properly handle and shoot a firearm.
Many Children have died because of your agenda that YOU support

I shot my first gun when I was seven or eight years old. Stop being a candy ass, Dudley.

So did I and if you look at my comments, you'll see I haven't said anything all that radical.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH TEACHING YOUR KIDS TO HANDLE GUNS. FAR BETTER TO EDUCATE THEM THAN NOT.

THAT IS MY OPINION.

Read that as many times as you have to in order to get the meaning of that very declarative sentence.

GAWD DAMN, I get so fucking sick of having to explain every nuance, every syllable to the damn idiots on the right.

D T M B gets emo at times. As for the OP, this one was already covered more than 2 hrs prior. Duplicate thread FAIL

By Rick Moran
March 20, 2013

A certified firearms instructor for the NRA:

New Jersey police and Dept. of Children and Families officials raided the home of a firearms instructor and demanded to see his guns after he posted a Facebook photo of his 11-year-old son holding a rifle.​

"Someone called family services about the photo," said Evan Nappen, an attorney representing Shawn Moore. "It led to an incredible, heavy-handed raid on his house. They wanted to see his gun safe, his guns and search his house. They even threatened to take his kids."

Moore was not arrested or charged.

Read more: Blog: Police raid man's home over Facebook photo of son with rifle

In answer to the bolded - Republicans.

The guy is an idiot. But I don't know if the police should have come knocking on his door.

only an idiot would not train a child how to properly handle and shoot a firearm.
Many Children have died because of your agenda that YOU support

Liar.

I have been very clear in my opinion that we should do everything we can to keep guns away from the very people the nutters want to arm: criminals, the mentally ill, known terrorists, illegal aliens.

Edited to add: AND, high capacity clips.

Disagree with that if you want but don't lie.

(Actually, you can lie all you want and that IS what the nutters do. If they told only the truth, they would have nothing to say.)

Forum List

Back