Police shoot dead masked man who took hostages in German cinema

Oh i get it, this is another thread where people pretend that making something illegal means no one has it anymore. Like Prohibition....smart argument there

Do you idiots all drink from the same fountain of stupid?

By this logic we shouldn't have laws against anything anymore. We sure as shit better totally legalize abortion and give women unfettered access to it. I'm sure you're all for that.

Thats the logic the OP is using. They banned guns in Germany so there will never be another gun in Germany. Just like there was no more liquor to be had during Prohibition

It is? Guns and liquor are not analogous. You can't cook up a gun like you can moonshine. Gun control works in every other civilized country on earth, but don't let that fact seep into your bubble.

actually it only works to keep guns out of the hands of law abiding people...criminals get guns easily in every country on the planet....even Japan....the reason Japan has a low crime rate...yes, crime rate...is their culture...they respect authority and sacrifice a lot of personal liberty.....

And yeah....they got tired of the Yakuza shooting each other in the gang wars...the last one started in 2006 and lasted 7 years...so what they did...they put a 30 year sentence on gun crimes...and that is actually how they stopped criminals from using guns...

Oh i get it, this is another thread where people pretend that making something illegal means no one has it anymore. Like Prohibition....smart argument there

By this logic we shouldn't have laws against anything anymore. We sure as shit better totally legalize abortion and give women unfettered access to it. I'm sure you're all for that.

Thats the logic the OP is using. They banned guns in Germany so there will never be another gun in Germany. Just like there was no more liquor to be had during Prohibition

No....we told you....when you ban guns only criminals will have guns...Germany shows this, as does France, Britain, Japan, Australia...every country shows this....

besides all the gun control laws

the article says the guy was also "disturbed"

yet he managed to get a gun & ammo another controlled item

nice

This is an outrage! Germans need to have a sit in at the Reichstag and demand strict gun control

Oh wait....... they already have............

Police shoot dead masked man who took hostages in German cinema
And our haplophobic morons over here want us all to be sitting ducks like they are in Germany. They are suicidal and their opinion shouldn't be taken seriously.
Germans are sitting ducks? Really? The US has a mass shooting almost every week. At least once a month. How often does something like that occur in Germany? Almost never. It is Americans who are sitting ducks.

I just don't get it. Germany has their shit on lock down when it comes to guns and this guy still got one. There's just no way. I say this story is BS
Germans have hunting rifles.
Germany's National Gun Registry introduced at the end of 2012 counted 5.5 million firearms in use, which are legally owned by 1.4 million people in the country. About 1.5 Million sport shooters in several thousand Schützenvereine own and use guns for sport, about 400,000 hunters have a licensed gun, about 300,000 collect guns and about 900,000 own an inherited gun.[3] However, estimates of the actual guns in use go up to 45 Million.[3] While gun ownership is widespread and associations and ranges for shooting sports and the use of historical guns and weapons in festivals are not being tabooed, the use of guns for private self-defence purposes is restricted.
I notice how NO ONE in this thread has acknowledge the truth: there are millions of legally owned firearms in use in Germany, including sport and hunting guns. This entire thread is based on hyperbole, myth, and ignorance.

Gun control works in every other civilized country on earth, but don't let that fact seep into your bubble.

How many of them have wide open borders with a narco state and MS-13 gangsters and the like crossing at will? Does France? Denmark? The U.K.? Geography matters, except to morons.

They all have wide-open borders with everyone throughout Europe, and a highly mobile refugee population. In fact, many of them also have lots of guns, but just severely restrict who can carry and how much training they need.

Making sure you're competent and sane with a gun matters. Except to morons.

And of course you dodged the questions and dissembled. Typical. Do they share open borders with corrupt, failed narco states who can cross at will?

I just don't get it. Germany has their shit on lock down when it comes to guns and this guy still got one. There's just no way. I say this story is BS
Germany's National Gun Registry introduced at the end of 2012 counted 5.5 million firearms in use, which are legally owned by 1.4 million people in the country. About 1.5 Million sport shooters in several thousand Schützenvereine own and use guns for sport, about 400,000 hunters have a licensed gun, about 300,000 collect guns and about 900,000 own an inherited gun.[3] However, estimates of the actual guns in use go up to 45 Million.[3] While gun ownership is widespread and associations and ranges for shooting sports and the use of historical guns and weapons in festivals are not being tabooed, the use of guns for private self-defence purposes is restricted.
I notice how NO ONE in this thread has acknowledge the truth: there are millions of legally owned firearms in use in Germany, including sport and hunting guns. This entire thread is based on hyperbole, myth, and ignorance.

The real difference is Germany only has a fraction of the minorities that the US has. Violence is rising here though, as they keep importing third world refugees from Africa and the ME. Gun ownership and violent crime rates have no correlation, but minority rates and crime most certainly do.

The real difference is Germany only has a fraction of the minorities that the US has. Violence is rising here though, as they keep importing third world refugees from Africa and the ME. Gun ownership and violent crime rates have no correlation, but minority rates and crime most certainly do.

Oh, BS. Was the man who took over a cinema a minority? Your comment is based completely on racism & bigotry. By far, the people who have carried out massacres is the US were NOT minorities.

Last edited:

Oh, BS. Was the man who took over a cinema a minority? Your comment is based completely on racism.

I'm not talking about one event, but about German's crime and demographic statistics compared to the US. I never said white people don't commit crime.

Oh, BS. Was the man who took over a cinema a minority? Your comment is based completely on racism.

I'm not talking about one event, but about German's crime and demographic statistics compared to the US. I never said white people don't commit crime.
You have no historical perspective. From the beginning of human civilization, people have moved from one place to another: immigration is a fact of human civilization. New immigrants, the poor, the under-educated, etc., have always been the demographic with the higher crime rate. That's a fact of reality. You are such a bigot, you refuse to recognize reality, and you are apparently so ignorant, you have no long-term historical perspective.

Trying to justify an anti-immigration stance based on this event is ludicrous. ~And don't say you aren't doing that, otherwise what is your post doing in this thread?

No....we told you....when you ban guns only criminals will have guns...Germany shows this, as does France, Britain, Japan, Australia...every country shows this....

Facts aside, right?

Facts aside, right?

No...actual, honest to goodness facts, statistics, research and reality....

We have the facts and research and reality on our side...you have corrupt, asshole politicians staging sit ins to put Americans on secret lists to deny them Rights.....

That is your side...

Facts aside, right?

We have the facts and research and reality on our side...you have corrupt, asshole politicians staging sit ins to put Americans on secret lists to deny them Rights.....

That is your side...

Fact: Most of those countries do not ban guns.
Fact: Those countries heavily restrict who can own guns.
Fact: Their death by gunshot rate is a tiny fraction of ours.

Facts aside, right?

That is your side...

Their population is also a tiny fraction of our you fucking idiot.

It's a guarantee that as you increase a population you are going to have more stupid people, more hateful people, more mentally ill, and more problems.

Put 300M people in France and see what kind of crime stats they have.

Facts aside, right?

That is your side...

Wrong....all of those countries confiscated guns and have extreme gun control laws......

in those countries only the cops and criminals have easy access to guns...

And their culture, not access to guns, keeps their gun murder rate low.

Facts aside, right?

That is your side...

Wrong....all of those countries confiscated guns and have extreme gun control laws......

in those countries only the cops and criminals have easy access to guns...

And their culture, not access to guns, keeps their gun murder rate low.

You can get a gun in almost all of those countries. They merely control what type.

Forum List

Back