Police State: CA Approves $500 Fines For 'Wasting Water'...

Maybe? Depends on how Big Brother is monitoring it. That's why i've asked several times how Big Brother monitors and enforces these edicts. My guess is he depends mostly on encouraging neighbor to rat on neighbor. A very sad Nazi tactic.

Good reason not to piss off girlfriends;)

Oh yeah. Report yo ass to the Water Gestapo right quick. ;)

reminds me of a tort problem I saw in law school. a guy is spending the night at a girlfriends, slips in her shower and sues in court. What can he sue on?

I read that and just thought, what kind of person is dumb enough to sue their girlfriend, cause I can guarantee that even if he wins money, he is losing in areas far more important.

The fines will apply only to wasteful outdoor water use, including watering landscaping to the point that runoff flows onto sidewalks, washing a vehicle without a nozzle on the hose or hosing down sidewalks and driveways.

That seems pretty reasonable. We've had stricter restrictions here: Can only water once a week, can't wash your car, etc.

That mentality only leads to more Government overreach abuses. You can't keep making excuses and giving inch after inch. Before long, it'll be too late to regain our Freedom & Liberty.

That 'mentality' is a clear-eyed assessment of the situation. If you want to propose, and advocate for, a system of treating water as private property, be my guest. But as long as it is part of the commons, it's right and proper for the state to protect and ensure equitable access. If you have issues with how they're doing that - too harsh, not fair, etc.. - well, that's a legitimate complaint. But simply saying that they have no business doing anything about it is idiotic. Especially in a state like California where water is a valuable, and often rare, resource.

My point is, you can't keeping making excuses and giving another inch. Because that's very dangerous. What else will Big Brother do in the name of 'It's for your own good?' You have to aggressively examine and question these types of Government edicts. Where does it end? I suspect not well for Citizens.

But that's not what's going on here. It's not a "it's for own good" scenario. It's "we all share this water and you have no more right to it than anyone else". This reminds me of the knee-jerk tendency of libertarians to argue for 'small-government'. I sort of get the point, but it's not really the size of government that matters. It a clear definition of its scope. Government should be large enough to perform it's legitimate functions effectively. Protecting our water supply is a legitimate function of government.

I assume if I waste it by taking a shower all day long no one will know ?

Maybe? Depends on how Big Brother is monitoring it. That's why i've asked several times how Big Brother monitors and enforces these edicts. My guess is he depends mostly on encouraging neighbor to rat on neighbor. A very sad Nazi tactic.

Silly ass. There are things called water meters. That is how they charge you for the amount you use. You use far more than a property your size should, then there has to be a reason, other than waste. If it is waste, they have the right to fine you or shut off the water.

Silly ass. There are things called water meters. That is how they charge you for the amount you use. You use far more than a property your size should, then there has to be a reason, other than waste. If it is waste, they have the right to fine you or shut off the water.

There ya go----a quota per person

In other words, they don't really know if you are wasting water or you using your needs, they are just going to arbitrarily fine people.

Good reason not to piss off girlfriends;)

reminds me of a tort problem I saw in law school. a guy is spending the night at a girlfriends, slips in her shower and sues in court. What can he sue on?

I read that and just thought, what kind of person is dumb enough to sue their girlfriend, cause I can guarantee that even if he wins money, he is losing in areas far more important.

Water Gestapo will have yo ass. Best to keep the peace. Nothing like a long soothing shower.

Water Gestapo will have yo ass. Best to keep the peace. Nothing like a long soothing shower.

I recommend conserving water, shower with a partner;)

No, it's right in the article.

The fines will apply only to wasteful outdoor water use, including watering landscaping to the point that runoff flows onto sidewalks, washing a vehicle without a nozzle on the hose or hosing down sidewalks and driveways.

In other words, they don't really know if you are wasting water or you using your needs, they are just going to arbitrarily fine people.

Pretty scary there's so many ignorant Bootlickers out there. Anything Big Brother does, is just peachy to them. Helps you better understand how the Nazis were able to rise to power so rapidly.

I recommend conserving water, shower with a partner;)

The way things are goin, Big Brother will likely mandate that one day.

Inside waste--no problem
outside waste--problem

I guess feel like they are sending a message if nothing else.

Tell the truth, paulitician....you're in the employee of DU to make libertarians look like morons, right?

Inside waste--no problem
outside waste--problem

I guess feel like they are sending a message if nothing else.
I think it has more to do with evaporation. Outdoor use pretty much disappears up into the sky, indoor use goes back into the water table....not sure though. Could also be that showers and washing dishes are actually necessary to health where those outdoor activities mentioned aren't.

That said, I never really get the point of water restrictions when it comes to watering plants. If you don't water them, your yard and/or house will just burn up sooner with all that dry vegetation feeding the coming wildfires.

Tell the truth, paulitician....you're in the employee of DU to make libertarians look like morons, right?

Odd rant coming from you 'Ravi the Raving Lunatic.' Very sad projection. Shame on ya. :(

So, Big Brother has started his 'War on Water-Wasters.' Where will it take us? Will they be labeled 'Terrorists' at some point too? This War has only just begun. How long before the Water Gestapo starts rounding up those evil 'Excessive Toilet-Flushers?' Don't laugh either. Think it's insane and far-fetched? Well, you should think again.

Forum List

Back