Police State: Dad Calls Cops To Teach Son A Lesson, Cops Kill The Kid...

And the kid set himself up by throwing a tantrum over his desire for a pack of cigarettes and taking the car.

Didn't warrant a death sentence. The Gestapo morons should have listened when they were instructed to end the pursuit. Their roided-up bloodthirst caused this totally unnecessary murder.

I agree completely.

But that's not why the cops shot him.

Their roided-up bloodthirst had to be quenched. Had to kill something. No pursuit, no murder. Period, end of story.

Police getting away with murder. Gee, how shocking. They were instructed to stop the pursuit. Shame on them.

You're full of shit. That kid rammed their car twice. He sped through residential neighborhoods, sometimes on the wrong side of the road, and then drove into a park. It's amazing he didn't kill somebody. The shooting was justified, PERIOD.

I'm not one to defend the police all that often, but I look at every situation objectively. You just seem to hate them no matter what they do.

Police getting away with murder. Gee, how shocking. They were instructed to stop the pursuit. Shame on them.

You're full of shit. That kid rammed their car twice. He sped through residential neighborhoods, sometimes on the wrong side of the road, and then drove into a park. It's amazing he didn't kill somebody. The shooting was justified, PERIOD.

I'm not one to defend the police all that often, but I look at every situation objectively. You just seem to hate them no matter what they do.

They were instructed to end the pursuit. No pursuit, no senseless murder. Period, end of story.

The Police should not be used as a tool "to teach a kid a lesson". The fact that the media has the story and there is moderate outrage in the public indicates that the system works. While there might be cause for concern about sub-standard training and lack of leadership in some Police agencies it certainly does not indicate anything close to a "police state". The reckless allegation of a "police state" is an indication of the degeneration of the so-called "libertarian" party.

They were instructed to end the pursuit. No pursuit, no senseless murder. Period, end of story.

They did back off the pursuit at first, but he was driving erratically and putting other people in danger. The kid was an asshole, plain and simple, and got what was coming to him.

Stop crying wolf

That's what happens when you don't listen to the man with the gun.

He was told to turn off the engine, he should have complied.

Nothing will happen to the cop, he was doing his job and doing it well.

You missed your calling. Born too late i guess. You would have been a terrific Nazi Gestapo-Bot.

What would you have done, genius?

Seriously, what would you have done?

Turn him loose so he could go on a rampage on a College Campus and kill twenty or thirty kids by running them over with his truck?

You are one of those people who doesn't participate in life but will sit back and criticize the decisions of those who do.

Shut up. Seriously, just shut the fuck up

How about STOP THE FUCKING PURSUIT, as ordered?! GODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM, boy, you are one stupid shit!

You missed your calling. Born too late i guess. You would have been a terrific Nazi Gestapo-Bot.

What would you have done, genius?

Seriously, what would you have done?

Turn him loose so he could go on a rampage on a College Campus and kill twenty or thirty kids by running them over with his truck?

You are one of those people who doesn't participate in life but will sit back and criticize the decisions of those who do.

Shut up. Seriously, just shut the fuck up

How about STOP THE FUCKING PURSUIT, as ordered?! GODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM, boy, you are one stupid shit!

Dispatchers cannot order anyone to do anything. The dispatcher wasn't nearly these officers' superior.

The police saw a person acting erratically, behaving in a manner that posed a danger to the public and acted accordingly.

Maybe it's time to require that all police cruisers have a system where a dispatcher can, remotely, shut the engine down if an officer will not cease pursuit as ordered. (It would be simple enough to do.)

I understand that you actively SUPPORT psychotic cops...I have no idea why, but you do.

Do not call the police if you don't expect them to do something. Once you call the police, you have no control over what happens next.

This situation is more complex than just the police shooting a kid. Tyler Constock was much like every other kid, a belief that their desires trump everything and every authority secure that no one can stop him from doing whatever he wanted to do. He was told to shut down the engine. Instead his attitude of "F You" prevailed and he revved it. The police have their excuse, they thought he was going to plow into them and now Tyler Comstock is dead.

What a shame that pop culture claimed another victim.

In far too many cases, "do something" = killing someone for no logical reason. There's definitely something wrong with the way our Police are being trained.

He was a danger to the public and needed to be stopped. Police are trained to meet force with force.

I thank God each and every day that idiots like you don't wear a badge. But then again, none of you morons would ever be that brave.

No, us morons would have used other means to disable the vehicle, but most cops aren't that smart.

Maybe it's time to require that all police cruisers have a system where a dispatcher can, remotely, shut the engine down if an officer will not cease pursuit as ordered. (It would be simple enough to do.)

I understand that you actively SUPPORT psychotic cops...I have no idea why, but you do.

Newer cars are equipped to have the engine disabled causing the car to slow and stop. It's one of the benefits of On-Star. Still, dispatchers can't order anyone to do anything. Dispatchers aren't even police officers, they are civilian dispatchers.

An example of a "police state" or at least something that approaches a police state in the US is when the media justifies atrocities committed by the government. The government entrapped a citizen at Ruby Ridge and murdered his teenage son and shot his wife in the face while she was holding an 18 month child in her arms. The media approved of the incident or buried it with little comment. The government botched a simple search warrant that could have been executed peacefully and ended up using poison gas and incinerating 80 men women and children in Waco Tx.. The media bent over backwards trying to justify the government's actions.

A friend of mine called her husbands parole officer to ask him for help in getting her hubby assistance because he was TALKING about drinking again. This guy spent 8 years in a cell, was a great help to other prisoners, and in general was well liked by guards, staff, warden. When he was released, he got a job and was a exemplary model of a man who turned into something better. However, being in a cell, he hated small rooms, liked being around people (hence his new job of being a driver for senior homes to get them to doctors and shopping, etc) and was like by everyone....but he still was "institutionalized" (to coin Reds words in Shawshank Redemption) and got overwhelmed from time to time.

So..when she called to ask about programs to help him, the parole officer called the cops. The cops came out and arrested him. Why? Nobody knows and they aren't saying. And they hauled his ass from here in california BACK to the prison in Arizona where he spent another year for parole violation. The violation? Saying he sure wished he could have a drink cuz it was a rough day hauling wheelchairs and old folks more demanding than usual and he wasn't feeling well to boot.

A year. For speech. She knows now never to call and ask for help again.

To me, the boy not stopping is what made the cops get their guns out, but since the boy did not have a gun of his own, the tires of his vehicle is what should have been shot at if anything had to be shot at period.

God bless you and that boy's family always!!!

Holly

P.S. May them cops pay for not knowing how to listen to orders that are given to them and for not knowing already where to shoot if they have to use their guns at all.

No, not end of story. That kid had a rage problem. He was either going to end up hurting someone or he was going to end up seriously hurt or dead. The father really should have known he boy had a rage problem and dealt with this at an earlier age.

To me, the boy not stopping is what made the cops get their guns out, but since the boy did not have a gun of his own, the tires of his vehicle is what should have been shot at if anything had to be shot at period.

God bless you and that boy's family always!!!

Holly

P.S. May them cops pay for not knowing how to listen to orders that are given to them and for not knowing already where to shoot if they have to use their guns at all.

I think of shooting out tires somewhat the same as shooting to wound. It's fine in books and movies, but is it really practical in real life?

If you shoot at the tires of a truck moving toward you, especially from close by, are you going to stop the vehicle? Are the police accurate enough to be sure they will hit the tires, assuming that will even stop the truck?

Forum List

Back