🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

Oops.

There has been a great deal of discussion on the internet about a deputy talking to "a man with his hands in his pockets." Unfortunately, this issue demonstrates one of the disadvantages of social media. Often times, individuals share things without knowing the facts and in some cases promote a specific agenda unrelated to the reality of the situation. Shocking that the internet does not tell the full picture or people use this for an agenda-right? So, here is the whole story.

The video that was posted was an edited version of the whole situation and cut out the Deputy fully explaining as to why 911 was called on him, and ended with this person agreeing that the police should respond. The 911 call received by the Oakland County Dispatch Center originated from a nearby business that had been a victim , as well as its employees, of seven robberies. The caller and his employees were concerned about the individual who had walked by the front window of the business five or six times, while looking inside with his hands in his pockets. Fearing for their safety, the business dialed 911 and the Deputy responded.

In the unedited version of the event, the individual stated that if he had called the police on a suspicious person, he would expect the police to respond, check the area, and talk to the suspicious person being called about. The Deputy did not detain or pat down the individual and considering the nature of the call responded in a very restrained and professional manner.

We will continue to take each and every call seriously at the Sheriff’s Office and hold our Deputies to the highest standards and expectations of public service.

Basically this is a long version trying to justify why just any black guy is profiled and feared for no reason an thats why its reasonable to harass this guy for it. Kudos.

Now where is the link for this fantastic story you just spun. I mean since you took the time out to chastise social media and edited videos....you think you would include proof.

Did the Rabbi ever show where he got this intimate knowledge or should I prepare my shocked face right now when he cant?

So Rabbi made up the entire story? How does that help anyone or anything?

How is engaging someone in conversation harassment? You'll have to explain this one.
When the cops arrested you did they engage you in conversation?

I take it you're not a Black Man? Ask them how they feel about constant 'Polite' harassment. I think you'll gain a whole new perspective on the issue.
explain how engaging someone in conversation is harassment. I'll wait.
The cop was white. All white people are racist. Therefore the conversation was a racist conversation. Therefore it was harassment. Nudge.

I hear what you're saying, but it would be wise to try and understand a Black Man's perspective on this. They feel they're constantly treated like criminals and often harassed this way. It isn't wise to go on ignoring it. Maybe a little compassion & understanding could solve the problem. Who knows? Give it a shot.
Who chose you to speak for all black men? What are you qualifications for this job?

You have a very flawed perspective on this one. There's nothing wrong with understanding another's perspective. Most Black Men in America do feel they're treated like criminals and often harassed this way. Agreeing or disagreeing, isn't the point. It is how they see things. Acknowledging and trying to understand that feeling, could help solve the problem. That's all i'm saying.

How is engaging someone in conversation harassment? You'll have to explain this one.

I take it you're not a Black Man? Ask them how they feel about constant 'Polite' harassment. I think you'll gain a whole new perspective on the issue.
The cop was white. All white people are racist. Therefore the conversation was a racist conversation. Therefore it was harassment. Nudge.

I hear what you're saying, but it would be wise to try and understand a Black Man's perspective on this. They feel they're constantly treated like criminals and often harassed this way. It isn't wise to go on ignoring it. Maybe a little compassion & understanding could solve the problem. Who knows? Give it a shot.
Who chose you to speak for all black men? What are you qualifications for this job?

I'm pretty sure you've already got good job security there.

They appear to be true to me. Don't see how it looks any other way
The cop was very polite, walked up to him and asked to talk to him.
If I walk up to you and ask to talk to you am I treating you like a criminal? You've been treated like a criminal because you were one. Were the cops that polite to you?
Polite harassment? A new technique I guess?
Listen here you stupid shit. This thread is not about me or my past. It is about the two individuals in the video. That is your second attempt to lower the conversation to personal insults. Ironically only the left continually brings up my past in these types of threads so you are in similar company i suppose?

Now that we got that out of the way lets address your contention that this is casual conversation.

1. This video doesn't take place in a coffee house, a church or any other place that people gather for social interaction. It's a fucking sidewalk in the middle of winter.

2. Walking with your hands in your pocket is not a suspicious activity.

3. Being black on a sidewalk is not a suspicious activity.

4. When the cops confronted the ranchers you were against the cops despite them having a court judgment behind them.

5. Apparently black men don't deserve the same lattitude in your opinion.

6. You're a fucking hypocrite
Gee, a little thin skinned, eh?
It wasnt an insult. You've mentioned before you were arrested and jailed. I've spoken positively about how you turned your life around after that and defended you many times.
But you have a perspective that others here lack. S o I asked, when the cops arrested you I would bet it was nothign like what the video showed. I would bet it was real authoritarian "do what we say or else." Because that is how cops treat actual criminals.
Here the cop received a complaint from citizens who had been robbed before and were afraid that someone acting suspiciously was planning on doing the same. It was a reasonable fear, given the history.
Now the cop didnt pull the guy down, search him or detain in him any way. Because he didnt have enough evidence to assume the guy was guilty. But he couldn't just let it go either, because the store owner had made a complaint. So he took a middle ground, engaging the guy in conversation to see what he would do. It was perfectly reasonable given the circumstances. The circumstances were he was not just some guy walking somewhere. He was walking back and forth in the same place outside a business that had been robbed previously. His behavior could have been consistent with casing the joint. It could have been something else too. But it was the cop's role to figure out which it was. And he did that.
Note the guy was free to go at any time. Note the guy was free to refuse to answr questions at any time. But the guy engaged the cop, hoping to catch him on tape doing something wrong. When that failed he edited the tape to make it appear like a random stop.
And you fell for it.
I have had MANY interactions with police. Every situation is different. There were times i was far more aggressive than this man & was treated with kid gloves. There are times i was minding my own business & was harrassed beyond reason. Even jailed a couple times only to be released hours later without charge.

Bottom line i suspect MOST of you have no idea what it's like to be singled out for no reason. Especially since most of you have never experienced life beyond your keyboard.

If I walk up to you and ask to talk to you am I treating you like a criminal? You've been treated like a criminal because you were one. Were the cops that polite to you?
Listen here you stupid shit. This thread is not about me or my past. It is about the two individuals in the video. That is your second attempt to lower the conversation to personal insults. Ironically only the left continually brings up my past in these types of threads so you are in similar company i suppose?

Now that we got that out of the way lets address your contention that this is casual conversation.

1. This video doesn't take place in a coffee house, a church or any other place that people gather for social interaction. It's a fucking sidewalk in the middle of winter.

4. When the cops confronted the ranchers you were against the cops despite them having a court judgment behind them.

Well said. Yeah sadly, if the cop had shot and killed this Citizen, posters like that one would be here screeching about how he probably deserved it. Because after all, the Police never lie, right? That's the Big Brother-Worshipper mentality.

This incident could have easily escalated to a deadly level. It happens every day in America. The man was very smart to record. At the very least, it likely saved him a Thanksgiving night in jail. Anyway, thanks for your comments.
Or the guy could have pulled a knife and shanked the cop on film. That actually happens more often that the other way around. But cop haters like you always assume the police are really the criminals.
Maybe you have issues with authority?
I don't hate cops. I don't hate anyone. And i do have issues with the ABUSE OF AUTHORITY.

Well said. Yeah sadly, if the cop had shot and killed this Citizen, posters like that one would be here screeching about how he probably deserved it. Because after all, the Police never lie, right? That's the Big Brother-Worshipper mentality.

This incident could have easily escalated to a deadly level. It happens every day in America. The man was very smart to record. At the very least, it likely saved him a Thanksgiving night in jail. Anyway, thanks for your comments.
Or the guy could have pulled a knife and shanked the cop on film. That actually happens more often that the other way around. But cop haters like you always assume the police are really the criminals.

Yes, that happens too. That's why recording the incident is the best way to go. What's to stop a Cop from claiming the Citizen tried to attack him or committed any number of crimes? American Police have had that free reign for so many years.

It's the lone Citizen's word against an army of Cops' word. And who do you think wins that one? The Cop could claim you did anything. So the cameras do level the playing field somewhat.

Rabbi do you believe that cop that shot that kid in 2 seconds was doing his duty or acting out of malice? Serious question?

I don't hate cops. I don't hate anyone. And i do have issues with the ABUSE OF AUTHORITY.

Hey, it's gonna be incredibly difficult trying to reason with Big Brother-Worshippers. Like i said, posters like that would have been perfectly fine with this Cop shooting first, and asking questions later. Their take would be 'He must have done something wrong, because the Police never lie.'

In this case, his something 'wrong' was being a Black Man walking down a street with his hands in his pockets. But good luck getting through to the worshippers. You're gonna need it.

Hey, it's gonna be incredibly difficult trying to reason with Big Brother-Worshippers. Like i said, posters like that would have been perfectly fine with this Cop shooting first, and asking questions later. Their take would be 'He must have done something wrong, because the Police never lie.'

In this case, his something 'wrong' was being a Black Man walking down a street with his hands in his pockets. But good luck getting through to the worshippers. You're gonna need it.
Dunno what to make of that since you've called me a big government goper on several occasions. I think it all boils down to individual circumstances rather than blanket statements

Dunno what to make of that since you've called me a big government goper on several occasions. I think it all boils down to individual circumstances rather than blanket statements

Fair enough and my apologies.

As I stated earlier... I'm used to being harassed by cops. I get the feeling quite a few cops take great pleasure in getting paid to harass people.

As I stated earlier... I'm used to being harassed by cops. I get the feeling quite a few cops take great pleasure in getting paid to harass people.

I have to agree. It's about the power & control for too many.

I have to agree. It's about the power & control for too many.
Ayup... power & control, guns... badge... pride... then throw in bullshit exaggerations over a 911 call a puffy jacket.... mix in good old fashioned fear. Next thing you know a 12 year old playing with a scary looking bb gun gets killed.

You have a very flawed perspective on this one. There's nothing wrong with understanding another's perspective. Most Black Men in America do feel they're treated like criminals and often harassed this way. Agreeing or disagreeing, isn't the point. It is how they see things. Acknowledging and trying to understand that feeling, could help solve the problem. That's all i'm saying.
Im asking what your qualifcations are to speak on behalf of most or all black men.

Most black people seem to feel that anything adverse that happens to them is the result of societal racism. That doesnt really make it true.

I didnt say you hated cops. That was for Paulinoid. But you seem overly sensitive to any interaction between police and the public as an abuse of authority.

Rabbi do you believe that cop that shot that kid in 2 seconds was doing his duty or acting out of malice? Serious question?
I dont know. You'd have to link to the story and I'd have to see what happened. From the little I know he reacted correctly.
Does abuse happen? Certainly. But cops are under a lot of scrutiny these days, rightfully so. ANd they know there are people with cameras all over and they know a video of them abusing people will go viral and end their careers.
There's a video of Officer Shawn Tower in the Lavergne TN police dept doing a traffic stop that resulted in him dragging the woman out of the car and throwing her to the ground. It didnt help that he is recorded as sayng "I hope we get something on her." Yeah, she was a bitch. Yeah, she was obnoxious. But obnoxious bitches have rights too in this country and his behavior was out of control. I was very happy when the dept terminated him and I know he's out of law enforcement forever.

Im asking what your qualifcations are to speak on behalf of most or all black men.

Most black people seem to feel that anything adverse that happens to them is the result of societal racism. That doesnt really make it true.

:lol:

First you question paulitician's qualifications to speak for most black men - and then you go on to speak for most black men.

Doesn't that cognitive dissonance hurt?

First you question paulitician's qualifications to speak for most black men - and then you go on to speak for most black men.

Your reading skills suck. English must be a distant second language to you.

Your reading skills suck. English must be a distant second language to you.

Your weak attempt at an ad-hom doesn't make your ridiculous post magically go away.

What "qualifications" do you have that let you know what "most black men" feel?

Forum List

Back