Police: “We cant shoot leg shots”; Also police: Somehow can shoot headshots

Peach45

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2020
Im seeing conservatives mock liberals who say cops should shoot offenders in the leg so theres a little less chance of death. They say its too hard of a shot to make. Then they say “but femoral artery”.

Well I happen to know a cop and they train headshots all the time “in case of body armor or a hostage”. Hmmm. A head and thigh are the same width.

Oh and cops carry tourniquets so the artery argument is moot.

Im seeing conservatives mock liberals who say cops should shoot offenders in the leg so theres a little less chance of death. They say its too hard of a shot to make. Then they say “but femoral artery”.

Well I happen to know a cop and they train headshots all the time “in case of body armor or a hostage”. Hmmm. A head and thigh are the same width.

No a head and thigh aren't the same thing------shoot someone in the head and they are likely to go down and if killed won't be able to harm the cop anyone else.......this isn't the case with the thigh einstein.

Two, if the cops need to shoot your stupid criminal ass-----you should never in a position to make the same bad choice an additional time...dead violent criminal means less crime and good riddance.

:lmao:

Are you Ponch or John?

:lmao:

1619242552309.png

A leg shot doesn't put the SOB out of commission if they have a weapon.

Pull a weapon and expect deadly results in return.

Don't like how the game is played don't play the game.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Does a shot to the thigh stop someone from stabbing a helpless person to death? With all due respect, Peach...you're clueless! The Police are taught to shoot "center mass" and to keep pulling the trigger until the target goes down.

I suggest you take a course in shooting. It'll help you with posts like this.

The Police are taught to shoot "center mass" and to keep pulling the trigger until the target goes down.
That's the best you can do in a "situation."
Any better than that, or if the cop aims for the head with a police-department issue AR-15 rifle, we're looking at a set-up and premeditated first-degree murder.

So if a bad guy is 10 feet away from your family lunging with a knife , where would you shoot? Foot or head?

So if a bad guy is 10 feet away from your family lunging with a knife , where would you shoot? Foot or head?

Shoot the knife out of his hand like the Lone Ranger does?

The gun kicks up, you'll shoot over the suspect's head, struggle to hold the weapon down for the next shot -- We don't skyline ourselves for cops in this part of the country. We're trained to drop, seek cover under enemy fire.

The gun kicks up, you'll shoot over the suspect's head, struggle to hold the weapon down for the next shot -- We don't skyline ourselves for cops in this part of the country. We're trained to drop, seek cover under enemy fire.
What are you shooting with, Just...a .44 magnum with hot loads? Shouldn't be that hard to hold an automatic "down" for the next shot. Just saying...

You moron. Snipers train head shots as if that will ever happen but on stationary targets it’s pretty fun. Hand gun wise you can run a gauntlet and yes you get points for every triple tap, two to the chest one to the head on a card board cut out. As good as that is it’s not a real life situation and nobody thinks it is. It’s training, good for shooting skills but not as good as in the movies. You shoot center mass until the target is dead. That’s the end of all your fantasies about training. This stupid shoot the knife out of their hand like I saw in a movie is fun to try during training but never a consideration in real life.0

Shoot the knife out of his hand like the Lone Ranger does?
With just a bit more training they could do that from a mile away! I saw it in a movie once. These are the same people that would wait for their friend to be hung and then shoot the rope saving the day. Fucking idiots.

I'm starting to think you're just another liberal idiot (redundant term) but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Cops are trained to STOP violent attacks. Violent attacks are not stopped by leg wounds. There are circumstances and training drills called "failure drills", and they're usually only practiced by very skilled shooters. This is not exclusive to police but anyone who carries a weapon as part of their profession.

There isn't a motherfucker on earth that professionally carries a weapon and trains to shoot for appendages, at least not that I have ever heard of. If they do, they do so on their own, and the practice is highly frowned upon in any community of professionals that carry a gun.

Last edited:

No, the military and SWAT train for head shots simply because civilians almost never wear body armor but soldiers do and hostage situations usually give time for SWAT to deploy. This is just stupid.

Forum List

Back