Political Correctness: The sounds of silence

Anchorwoman’s ouster exposes risks for whites talking race

Wendy Bell, former Pittsburgh TV anchor, lost her job for a Facebook post on a cookout shooting

Post drew criticism for stereotyping, condescending tone of post

Incident illustrates risks, pitfalls faced by white Americans commenting on racial issues online

Read more here: Anchorwoman’s ouster exposes risks for whites talking race

Do you think her apology was sincere? Do you think you would be fired from your job for saying the same thing?

In this climate, she should have known that if her job was important to her to keep her mouth shut.
I think she meant what she said, and her apology was something she had to do in order to preserve what's left of her career.

Why did her employer fire her?

Because she's worth less to them than the hyper-sensitive cupcakes that will boycott their station if they keep her.

Ahhh. A business decision. Imagine that.

Anchorwoman’s ouster exposes risks for whites talking race

Do you think her apology was sincere? Do you think you would be fired from your job for saying the same thing?

In this climate, she should have known that if her job was important to her to keep her mouth shut.
I think she meant what she said, and her apology was something she had to do in order to preserve what's left of her career.

Because she's worth less to them than the hyper-sensitive cupcakes that will boycott their station if they keep her.

A business decision that years ago would not have been necessary.

Inside below the surface, they have no use for anyone thinking differently than they do, and when someone speaks out, and it's not part of their narrative, they immediately point fingers, and throw the standard terms out.
Racist !
Sexist !
Homophobe !
Xenophobe !
Bigot !

The reason those terms get thrown out is because they are often the case. Let's take this issue. It seems to me that you people who just hate, hate, hate the LGBT community just keep wanting to draw new lines in the sand when the last line became untenable.

"Well, I have to let you get married now, but, dammit, I don't want one of you damn trannies using the wrong bathroom." Like there's anyone who thinks of a public bathroom as a sexual place other than Senator Larry Craig.

If there's a Tranny in the bathroom, she's going to be in a stall where no one can see her junk. Get over yourself.
Leave to Lil Joe to expose the Left.

Anyone who disagrees with Joe and the elite Left (one in the same) IS a racist, sexist, homophobe, xenphobe, bigot.

The Left and Joe do not believe in free speech, second amendment, religious freedom, etc...you know? All those pesky things listed in the Bill of Rights.
But Joey does believe in lying. We all know that. Credit where credit's due, Mom always said.

A business decision that years ago would not have been necessary.

Lots of things were different years ago. You seem troubled by that.

How often do you speak your mind without fear when discussing volatile issues ?
When you stay silent, is it self-imposed, motivated by the fear of not being liked by your peers?
Or is it because of something more hideous ? Are you silent motivated by the fear of being punished either in your career, and or being cast aside by a society demanding everyone be on board the same steamroller ?

Liberals, demand a multicultural society, but let's be honest, it's just a surface that looks different.
Inside below the surface, they have no use for anyone thinking differently than they do, and when someone speaks out, and it's not part of their narrative, they immediately point fingers, and throw the standard terms out.
Racist !
Sexist !
Homophobe !
Xenophobe !
Bigot !
The list goes on. They know the use of these terms can quickly silence people, and the argument ends. The person much of the time slinks away, knowing the danger of being publicly labeled in this fashion.

We bring out our feelings on internet message boards, but how often do we do so among coworkers, friends or family nowadays ? I have a feeling most of us only discuss provocative subjects very carefully and in limited fashions.

Keep men out of women's restrooms

There is a bully in our country that has been body-building for the last 25 years. That bully has now "come out" and is flexing its muscles, sending fear down the spines of our politically correct population.

There are untold numbers of people who do not speak out for fear of being ostracized or being called bigots. They are not bad people, nor are they bigots. They have simply succumbed to the sound of silence. And as Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" song goes, silence, like a cancer, grows.

The bully is political correctness, and it does not scare me.

I live in North Carolina, and I support the new controversial state law that says people must use the bathroom that corresponds with the sex listed on their birth certificates. However, the law is flawed — the part that allows for LGBT people to be discriminated against in employment should be repealed.

If you can't make an argument without use race or gender identity then your argument is pretty damn weak isn't it.

Political-Correctness-610x400.jpg

Are the people that show up to block and silence the Westboro Baptist Church at soldier's funerals practicing political correctness.

It is just society saying out loud to someone "you are being rude, we'd prefer you keep your batshit in your head". The same as with KKK members or anti-abortion dinks that espouse murder.

Can it be overdone? Everything can and society is in the process of swinging the pendulum back the other way. But it won't be nor should it be swung all the way back to the other side.

By that logic you must have no problem when someone says "black people are violent". That is often the case, right? You are a hypocrite though and you have no intellectual honesty, which is why your position flip flops, depending on how it suits your argument at the moment.

So you are convincing me you aren't racist... by saying racist shit? Did you think this thing out before you started typing?

It is just society saying out loud to someone "you are being rude, we'd prefer you keep your batshit in your head". The same as with KKK members or anti-abortion dinks that espouse murder.

You mean like this politically nonviolent correct group?

quote-i-play-a-slave-how-black-is-that-i-have-to-wear-chains-how-whack-is-that-but-don-t-worry-jamie-foxx-63-0-080.jpg

Screenshot-1295.jpg

BLM-MERCUTIO.jpg

160227082945-donald-trump-protester-kkk-shirt-00000000-super-169.jpg

526x297-URY.jpg

f_os_anothertrumprally_160319.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

hoods-rally.jpg

q-trump-clash.jpg

Baltimore-Black-Lives-Matter-800x600.jpg

blmkillcopssign.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

CXv_28tVAAAHTQX.jpg

bernie-sanders.jpg

n0658-1.jpg

I-Dont-Feel-No-Ways-Tired-Hillary-Clinton-Song.jpg

quote-aww-don-t-feel-noways-tired-i-ve-come-too-faarrrrr-from-where-i-started-frum-hillary-clinton-122-63-04.jpg

Hillarydancing.gif

Obama_Muslim.jpg

JeremiahWrightGodDamnAmerica.jpg

225.jpg

ccc258e0647e2ddcc0470ebc2747b47c.jpg

thatsracist.gif

Last edited:
When you stay silent, is it self-imposed, motivated by the fear of not being liked by your peers?
Or is it because of something more hideous ? Are you silent motivated by the fear of being punished either in your career, and or being cast aside by a society demanding everyone be on board the same steamroller ?

Liberals, demand a multicultural society, but let's be honest, it's just a surface that looks different.
Racist !
Sexist !
Homophobe !
Xenophobe !
Bigot !
The list goes on. They know the use of these terms can quickly silence people, and the argument ends. The person much of the time slinks away, knowing the danger of being publicly labeled in this fashion.

We bring out our feelings on internet message boards, but how often do we do so among coworkers, friends or family nowadays ? I have a feeling most of us only discuss provocative subjects very carefully and in limited fashions.

There is a bully in our country that has been body-building for the last 25 years. That bully has now "come out" and is flexing its muscles, sending fear down the spines of our politically correct population.

There are untold numbers of people who do not speak out for fear of being ostracized or being called bigots. They are not bad people, nor are they bigots. They have simply succumbed to the sound of silence. And as Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" song goes, silence, like a cancer, grows.

I live in North Carolina, and I support the new controversial state law that says people must use the bathroom that corresponds with the sex listed on their birth certificates. However, the law is flawed — the part that allows for LGBT people to be discriminated against in employment should be repealed.

Sometimes, I don't want to hurt somebody's feelings that I know perhaps. There are times where the old saying is applicable. If you don't have anything nice to say . . . you know the rest. :D

You mean like this politically nonviolent correct group?

quote-i-play-a-slave-how-black-is-that-i-have-to-wear-chains-how-whack-is-that-but-don-t-worry-jamie-foxx-63-0-080.jpg

Screenshot-1295.jpg

BLM-MERCUTIO.jpg

160227082945-donald-trump-protester-kkk-shirt-00000000-super-169.jpg

526x297-URY.jpg

f_os_anothertrumprally_160319.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

hoods-rally.jpg

q-trump-clash.jpg

Baltimore-Black-Lives-Matter-800x600.jpg

blmkillcopssign.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

CXv_28tVAAAHTQX.jpg

bernie-sanders.jpg

n0658-1.jpg

I-Dont-Feel-No-Ways-Tired-Hillary-Clinton-Song.jpg

quote-aww-don-t-feel-noways-tired-i-ve-come-too-faarrrrr-from-where-i-started-frum-hillary-clinton-122-63-04.jpg

Hillarydancing.gif

Obama_Muslim.jpg

JeremiahWrightGodDamnAmerica.jpg

225.jpg

ccc258e0647e2ddcc0470ebc2747b47c.jpg

thatsracist.gif

Good grief. Why not just post a novel? I think we got it after the first 25 memes.

Racist !
Sexist !
Homophobe !
Xenophobe !
Bigot !

Here's my question: if someone is so devoid of morality and respect for the law that they're going to assault women and children in bathrooms.......why would a sign telling them they can't go into a bathroom deter them?

It would be like expecting the Brussel's airport bombing to be stopped by a sign that says 'Bombing Prohibited'.

It just doesn't make the slightest fucking sense.

Forum List

Back