Political Discussion Last Night....

Trump does speak his mind, which is part of the problem. I think his main appeal is that he's the anti-obama. Pretty much the opposite and a big pendulum swing the other direction. I just don't think going from one extreme to the next would be good for the country and diplomacy really IS important for any leader.

I'm a Cruz fan but I think Rubio will get the nomination. In my opinion he's on the wrong side of the immigration issue as evidenced by his work with the gang of 8. I think Trump is at his highest point and with more debates his numbers will drop as people realize he has no ideas, just bumper sticker rhetoric.

Maybe, but what Trump stands for many Americans do as well. Cruz? He always struck me as a phony. It seems he's always trying to put on an act or something. There is no acting with Trump. Trump is Trump.

I agree and if Trump is the nominee he gets my vote. I do hand it to Trump for getting people talking about issues.

By the way, glad to meet you. I'm originally from the Cleveland area.

I'm a Cruz fan but I think Rubio will get the nomination. In my opinion he's on the wrong side of the immigration issue as evidenced by his work with the gang of 8. I think Trump is at his highest point and with more debates his numbers will drop as people realize he has no ideas, just bumper sticker rhetoric.

Maybe, but what Trump stands for many Americans do as well. Cruz? He always struck me as a phony. It seems he's always trying to put on an act or something. There is no acting with Trump. Trump is Trump.

I agree and if Trump is the nominee he gets my vote. I do hand it to Trump for getting people talking about issues.

Good to meet you too and Happy New Year. What part of Cleveland are you from?

Trump does speak his mind, which is part of the problem. I think his main appeal is that he's the anti-obama. Pretty much the opposite and a big pendulum swing the other direction. I just don't think going from one extreme to the next would be good for the country and diplomacy really IS important for any leader.

Trump is a showman, and if he ever would get the job as President, I think he'll do just fine with diplomacy.

But every candidate on that stage is anti-Obama. Trump's real appeal is that he talks about issues the way we do at the bar, at work, or even with our family and friends. If anything, Trump is anti-politically correct. He doesn't let the media pull his strings when he says something that may be considered offensive. Trump doesn't "misspeak." He says what's on his mind and if you don't like it, tough ship. That appeals to many of us because we are so sick of the dog and pony acts every other politician gives us.

"Mr Trump, do you regret your comments on Mexico?"

"No, I don't, and I'll say it again: Those Mexicans are sending us their criminals and drug dealers to the US."

LOL, it's simply great!

Rubio, gang of eight and skipped the vote on the lastest budget deal. I was all for him and if he get the nod I will vote for him but not voting on the budget deal is a big no-no in my opinion. That is the crap Obama pulled.

I'm from a little city on the east side called Wickliffe.

Rubio should have showed up to vote against the budget deal, he said he already knew it would pass. It wouldn't have changed anything but would have been good to be on record. No candidate is perfect though so any of them can be picked apart. If the right does it too much we will have obama's third term to deal with.

I'm from a little city on the east side called Wickliffe.

Okay, I know exactly where that's at. I live on the east side as well just much more south of Wickliffe. In fact I just went to Wickliffe for my yearly physical for work. It's still a pretty nice area.

While visiting with friends last night, we were discussion the GOP candidates and who would get the nod.

One of our friends who is an attorney, felt that Rubio would most likely get the nomination
Said no way Trump would get it or Carson, and an outside chance for Cruz, but not likely.

He also said Rubio would be the only one that could possible beat Hillary.

Agree or not?
I think Rubio has the best end game. Over the long primary season he is best positioned to go the distance

He is the only Republican who can win swing states. All the others just draw more votes in already red states

Also, Republicans can't win without Florida

Trump is going to win. There are millions of Americans who are tired of being slapped around like a disobedient Muslim wife, and voting for Trump would be their best revenge.

people just think there are millions of Americans who support him enough to elect him.... big difference between tired of and elected.

he can't muster a 50% rating among his peers. Constantly being stuck in the high 20's low 30's tells me all I need to know.

Donnie is toast.

While visiting with friends last night, we were discussion the GOP candidates and who would get the nod.

One of our friends who is an attorney, felt that Rubio would most likely get the nomination
Said no way Trump would get it or Carson, and an outside chance for Cruz, but not likely.

Agree or not?
I think Rubio has the best end game. Over the long primary season he is best positioned to go the distance

He is the only Republican who can win swing states. All the others just draw more votes in already red states

Has anyone asked Rubio why he didn't vote on the budget bill and if he had which way he would have voted? Those are the type of questions I want asked.

Agree or not?

Has anyone asked Rubio why he didn't vote on the budget bill and if he had which way he would have voted? Those are the type of questions I want asked.
It's a fine line when an elected politician is also running for President. Can't do one without doing the other half assed

But Rubio should have broken off to cast a vote on something as big as the budget....Maybe he was afraid

Last edited:
Trump is going to win. There are millions of Americans who are tired of being slapped around like a disobedient Muslim wife, and voting for Trump would be their best revenge.

people just think there are millions of Americans who support him enough to elect him.... big difference between tired of and elected.

he can't muster a 50% rating among his peers. Constantly being stuck in the high 20's low 30's tells me all I need to know.

Donnie is toast.
When you have ten people eating a pie, getting 30% is an accomplishment.

So...you vote for revenge? Isn't that what the Germans did in the early 1930s?

Agree or not?

It's a fine line when an elected politician is also running for President. Can't do one without doing the other half assed

But Rubio should have broken off to cast a vote on something as big as the budget....Maybe he was afraid

Or maybe his wife got another traffic ticket and he had to go pay it. :banana::banana::banana:

Donnie is toast.
When you have ten people eating a pie, getting 30% is an accomplishment.

You could use that same analogy for the welfare and entitlement rats

Last night while watching the Spartans get their ass kicked, we had a political discussion. A friend who is an attorney said Rubio is actually Hillary's illigitimate son. Makes sense...since they are near clones of each other. Politically speaking...of course.

Last night while watching the Spartans get their ass kicked, we had a political discussion. A friend who is an attorney said Rubio is actually Hillary's illigitimate son. Makes sense...since they are near clones of each other. Politically speaking...of course.
Are you still drunk?

Carson just had many of his staff walk out and quit over infighting....

Forum List

Back