🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Political question for Leftists. What do you not like about the Constitution?

Example, when the constitution refers to "the people", what people are they talking about.
1) All residents in the US
2) All under the jurisdiction of the US
3) All legal residents in the US
4) All citizens of the US
5) All residents over the age of 18
6) All residents without legal disqualification
Pick one.
Why are you running away from answering what should be a simple question.
which one do you think it means??

to me its pretty clear,,
Then why can't you answer such a clear question?

It seems most on the left want the Constitution radically changed.

What changes do you want to make to it that will result in the USA being a better place to live?
The liberal statist political beliefs come from taking principles out of context:

1. First enumerated power on "tax and spend for general welfare" being more important than due process protections of liberty, rights of people and states, and the Conservative focus on the second half of the first enumerated power as "common defence" which is the rightwing bias.

2. Promoting the general welfare in the preamble as more important than the rights of people to check govt against abuse or overreach of power to violate individual rights liberties and protections

3. In general Liberals relying on Statist govt for collective mandates don't believe the people have equal Constitutional authority to defend against Corporate level abuses and oppression, so they keep relying on Party politics and politicians elected to federal govt to solve problems by legislation or orders.

Example, when the constitution refers to "the people", what people are they talking about.
1) All residents in the US
2) All under the jurisdiction of the US
3) All legal residents in the US
4) All citizens of the US
5) All residents over the age of 18
6) All residents without legal disqualification
Pick one.
Why are you running away from answering what should be a simple question.
which one do you think it means??

to me its pretty clear,,
They why can't you answer such a clear question?
under the context of the original intent of the 2nd A its clear its american citizens,, I dont need interpretations for that

t political beliefs come from taking principles out of context:

2. Promoting the general welfare in the preamble as more important than the rights of people to check govt against abuse or overreach of power to violate individual rights liberties and protections

Actually those protections are contained in the guarantee of a republican form of government. That free a fair elections are the bedrock of a democracy, in how it picks it's legislators and executives.

In short, you get what you pay for. You get the government you elect.

I've owned a gun since I was 13 and my children since they were 10,,
and a felon if hes paid his debt to society should also get his rights back,,
You did not "own" the gun at age 13. Neither the federal government or states allow ownership by minors, but do allow temporary possession for legal purposes.

You confuse possession with ownership. But then you believe all citizens have a right to bear arms. Including those currently in jail for felonies.

I've owned a gun since I was 13 and my children since they were 10,,
and a felon if hes paid his debt to society should also get his rights back,,
You did not "own" the gun at age 13. Neither the federal government or states allow ownership by minors, but do allow temporary possession for legal purposes.

You confuse possession with ownership. But then you believe all citizens have a right to bear arms. Including those currently in jail for felonies.
well lets see,, it was in my possession and I had full control to do with it as I please,, sounds like I owned it,, if I dont own it then who does??

if a felon has paid his debt to society doesnt include if hes still in prison,, not sure where you came up with that crazy shit,,

if a felon has paid his debt to society doesnt include if hes still in prison,, not sure where you came up with that crazy shit,,
You said all citizens. And felons serving time in prison are still citizens. That is a status that can't be revoked except for treason.

You said all citizens. And felons serving time in prison are still citizens. That is a status that can't be revoked except for treason.
they are wards of the state serving time for taking away another persons rights,,

this is where another part of our system comes into play,, its called due process,,,

under the context of the original intent of the 2nd A its clear its american citizens,, I dont need interpretations for that
Citizens include convicted felons serving time in jail.
Citizens include the criminally insane.

I think you need to interpret better.

thats where due process comes into play,,
I know it must be complicated for you but the constitution is a big document that works together,,

they are wards of the state serving time for taking away another persons rights,,

this is where another part of our system comes into play,, its called due process,,,
Which means felons in jail retain there right to buy, sell and own firearms by your "that was simple" answer.
not if the due process they went through says otherwise,,,

I know it must be complicated for you but the constitution is a big document that works together,,
Due process means that citizenship can't be revoked except on conviction of treason. So all criminals including those currently incarcerated, retain their citizenship.

And by your theory, retain their right to bear arms.

Right now, I am unaware of any attempts by Liberals to change the Constitution

What I do see is Conservatives attempting to undermine the a constitution and deny the vote of the people in favor of backroom deals by partisan legislatures.
I also see conservatives undermining the Free Press and interfering with their oversight of Government
The Lamestream press hasn't been free since FDR. They've been nothing but the propaganda arm of the Democrat party and you fucking know it!

Due process means that citizenship can't be revoked except on conviction of treason. So all criminals including those currently incarcerated, retain their citizenship.

And by your theory, retain their right to bear arms.
their citizenship hasnt been revoked,, not sure how you came up with that,,

Which means felons in jail retain there right to buy, sell and own firearms by your "that was simple" answer.
The government can't violate the constitution. If you say that convicted serving felons (all citizens) have 2nd amendment right to bear arms, than no due process can override that constitutional right.

Either felons are not "the people" in the 2nd amendment, or their rights to bear arms has been infringed, which is unconstitutional.

The Left loathes the constitution because it was designed to protect the citizens from a rogue corrupt abusive government....like we have now with the Psychocrats.
The Left can't stand freedom.

The government can't violate the constitution. If you say that convicted serving felons (all citizens) have 2nd amendment right to bear arms, than no due process can override that constitutional right.

Either felons are not "the people" in the 2nd amendment, or their rights to bear arms has been infringed, which is unconstitutional.
do you know what it means when its the 2nd amendment??
it means there are others,, and one of them covers due process that can change the situation of the 2nd,,

I knows its a complicated thing, but do try and think for yourself and not make stupid comments like this,,,

Forum List

Back