🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Political question for Leftists. What do you not like about the Constitution?

Our founders supported a government capable of governing a population of 10 million that was poorly educated, agrarian, ill informed and widely dispersed.

Their vision of what a Government does not fit the wealthiest nation on earth with 330 million people
The founders also supported slaves a cheap labor for those poorly educated agrarian states.

They actually foresaw a wealthy nation, based on inventions, the power to protect that intellectual property is in the constitution.
some founder supported slavery,, and those that did later formed the democrat party,,
Southern founders insisted on slavery in the Constitution. They would not have joined the US without it.
Those same southerners left the union when they thought slavery was threatened
so you did pay attention in school,,
Evidently more than you

OK I will give you that,, take them from his authority,, now what about the 2nd A and shall not be infringed?? are all guns now legal for civilians??
Well that's where Scalia is in conflict with the literal of the Constiution.

“The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States .

The president is commander in chief of the state militia. And just who would that be? Obviously militia can't be all able bodied men within the state as Scalia defined them.

As the president is commander in chief of the "well regulated militia" of the several states.
The militia is irrelevant. "Shall not be infringed" couldn't be any clearer.

Our founders supported a government capable of governing a population of 10 million that was poorly educated, agrarian, ill informed and widely dispersed.

Their vision of what a Government does not fit the wealthiest nation on earth with 330 million people
The founders also supported slaves a cheap labor for those poorly educated agrarian states.

They actually foresaw a wealthy nation, based on inventions, the power to protect that intellectual property is in the constitution.
some founder supported slavery,, and those that did later formed the democrat party,,
Southern founders insisted on slavery in the Constitution. They would not have joined the US without it.
Evidently more than you
I already knew that,,

youre the one that said all of them supported slavery not me,,

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby
and when laws are in violation of that constitution it is the responsibility of the people to ignore them and bring about change to remove those that violated it by any means necessary,,
Actually, the Judicial Branch is available to you

Evidently more than you
Evidently not.

OK I will give you that,, take them from his authority,, now what about the 2nd A and shall not be infringed?? are all guns now legal for civilians??

“The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States .

The president is commander in chief of the state militia. And just who would that be? Obviously militia can't be all able bodied men within the state as Scalia defined them.

As the president is commander in chief of the "well regulated militia" of the several states.
actually the first 4 words, "a well regulated militia" does confirm that its about military grade weapons,, but other than that youre right,,

Evidently more than you
I already knew that,,

All Southerners?
Not the 40 percent who were black

Evidently more than you
I already knew that,,

All Southerners?
do you not even know what you said??

you are an idiot,,

Political question for Leftists. What do you not like about the Constitution?​

The fact that none of you conservative types have read it.

That is NOT TRUE
They have read the Second Amendment.

Well, half of it maybe
26 words out of something like 4500.
You don't agree with the First Amendment, the Fourth Amendment, the Fifth Amendment, of any of the others, for that matter.
I may not agree with your twisted, low IQ interpretation of them but I do agree with them as they are written.
No you don't. What part of "shall not be abridged" do you agree with?
You're ignoring what I said.

And the word is "infringed".

Just proof that you haven't really read it.
Either way, do you support outlawing so-called "assault weapons?"
What's that got to do with the discussion at hand?

Where are the Militias?
The first sentence is explanatory. It has no legal implications.

You claimed you support the Constitution, not prove it.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you agree with?
The first sentence iss explanatory? Who told you that nonsense?
legal scholars.
Nope. RWNJ agenda driven whackos.
You mean the Founding Fathers?
No. Do you even have a brain?
Yes, and the Founding Fathers say "shall not be infringed" means what it says.

It seems most on the left want the Constitution radically changed.

What changes do you want to make to it that will result in the USA being a better place to live?

They don't want to change the Constitution ... You can actually do that.
They want to pretend it says or means something it doesn't, without changing anything, and actually getting it ratified by the States and the People.

Evidently more than you
I already knew that,,

All Southerners?

you are an idiot,,
hmmm....point out what I said that is incorrect

Evidently more than you
I already knew that,,

All Southerners?

you are an idiot,,
just look up a few comments in this stream where you said the founders supported slavery,, it wasnt all of them as you later pointed out,,

Evidently more than you
I already knew that,,

All Southerners?

you are an idiot,,
just look up a few comments in this stream where you said the founders supported slavery,, it wasnt all of them as you later pointed out,,
Well Skippy

In the way that it made its way into the Constitution, it was supported

Evidently more than you
I already knew that,,

All Southerners?

you are an idiot,,
Well Skippy

In the way that it made its way into the Constitution, it was supported
it was compromised not supported,,

Evidently more than you
I already knew that,,

All Southerners?

you are an idiot,,
All of it.

actually the first 4 words, "a well regulated militia" does confirm that its about military grade weapons,, but other than that youre right,,
No it doesn't, you witless baboon. Even if what you said is true, it would mean we could all buy machine guns.
we should be able too,, and for your info if you have enough money you can buy a machine gun,,,

now whos the witless baboon??
Sorry about that. I thought I was posting to someone else.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby
and when laws are in violation of that constitution it is the responsibility of the people to ignore them and bring about change to remove those that violated it by any means necessary,,
Are you advocating vigilantism? Since every judge is bound by the constitution, you can file a suit at law to challenge a violation of the constitution.

Have you ever studied contracts? The rule of contractual interpretation is that all language within a contract has operative meaning. You aren't allowed to just ignore sections you don't like.

I would go so far as to say you've managed to dowdify the 2nd amendment.

Forum List

Back