Politician's 'super drunk' DWI arrest

Shawnee_b

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2019
South Central KY
A Michigan lawmaker is in hot water after she was busted for allegedly driving on the highway "super drunk" the day after Christmas.

Rep. Rebekah Warren, according ABC Detroit affiliate WXYZ, allegedly was seen by other drivers driving a black Jeep Cherokee that swerved along Interstate-75. When Auburn Hills police caught up to the vehicle, it appears to go off the shoulder and strike a guardrail, the video shows.

Officers pulled over Warren and asked her to take a field sobriety test. She took six steps and stumbled, the video shows, and then was arrested.

"You don't understand, I'm elected. I'm a senator. People will be, like, 'The senator got arrested,'" said Warren, as she was handcuffed in the back of the police car. "That'll be, like, [expletive bleeped]. This is going to be the most famous arrest you've ever made."

Politician's 'super drunk' DWI arrest caught on police dashcam

Good. Anybody, especially an elected representative should know better. I doubt she would have had a problem getting someone else to drive her.

I love the "do you know who I am?" stories.
:21::21:

Not a proper defense for driving drunk and never, and I mean never works out.

A Michigan lawmaker is in hot water after she was busted for allegedly driving on the highway "super drunk" the day after Christmas.

Rep. Rebekah Warren, according ABC Detroit affiliate WXYZ, allegedly was seen by other drivers driving a black Jeep Cherokee that swerved along Interstate-75. When Auburn Hills police caught up to the vehicle, it appears to go off the shoulder and strike a guardrail, the video shows.

Officers pulled over Warren and asked her to take a field sobriety test. She took six steps and stumbled, the video shows, and then was arrested.

"You don't understand, I'm elected. I'm a senator. People will be, like, 'The senator got arrested,'" said Warren, as she was handcuffed in the back of the police car. "That'll be, like, [expletive bleeped]. This is going to be the most famous arrest you've ever made."

Good she needs to be treated like anyone else would. Tired of elected officials thinking they are above the law.

Most elected officials are just like the one in the op...being an official can't be very hard

Didnt anyone notice WHAT WAS LEFT OUT?

If she were Republucan you KNOW they'd mention it.
She is a "Progressive" Democrat

https://www.rebekahwarren.com/

Routinely recognized as one of the most liberal members of the Michigan Legislature

How is it relevant to anything? Why would it have been "PUT IN"?

Don't run away. ANSWER the question.

This oughta be a hoot.
You should pay attention to news broadcasts.

I never expect them to mention party affiliation when a Democrat does wrong. They NEVER do.
But they ALWAYS mention party affiliation if it's a Republican.

Routinely recognized as one of the most liberal members of the Michigan Legislature

This oughta be a hoot.

I never expect them to mention party affiliation when a Democrat does wrong. They NEVER do.

So you can't answer the question.

Nor can you link to your specious claim.

You're 0 for 2 in a single post.

This oughta be a hoot.

Here's another your you:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ne-texas-state-representative-austin-airport/

This oughta be a hoot.

Here's another your you:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ne-texas-state-representative-austin-airport/

Paywall.

You can't answer the question. Just admit you had no point.

Or, allow the next post to demonstrate how you didn't.

Last edited:

Well she's a Democrat and politician so is probably absolutely certain the law simply doesn't apply to her.
Democrats are just like that. After all the shit they've been pulling lately I can understand her confusion.

Well she's a Democrat and politician so is probably absolutely certain the law simply doesn't apply to her.
Democrats are just like that. After all the shit they've been pulling lately I can understand her confusion.
And the MSM does their best to cover for them.

Forum List

Back