Politico Bombshell: Florida GOP Congressman & FOX News Regular Gruesome Matt Gaetz rents office space from longtime friend & donor at taxpayer expense

What is amusing to me is that somehow, dumbfuck liberals think that conservatives swear we never break the law.

That’s not true. The difference is we generally want them investigated and liberal assholes don’t want their people investigated.

If Gaetz broke the law, he should be punished.

I don’t believe you.

Conservatives stick by Trump as he obstructs one investigation after another.

I don’t fucking give a squirt of piss if you believe me or not.

Go hide under your bed for 5 years you fucking pussy.
Proof is in the pudding kiddo. Conservatives stand by the obstructionist in chief. They don’t want investigations. Not into their dead leader.

There was an investigation and what was the outcome? He wasn’t a Russian spy and you knew it from the beginning.
I must have missed the part where he testified.

Tax returns?
Ukraine?

Memory lapses?

I don’t give a fuck investigate him for calling Mexicans rapists and animals.

He beat HIllary fair and square and you faggots are butthurt. It’s ok to admit it.

Trump with $400 million beat HIllary with $1.2 billion, and now you dumb fucks are running Biden.

Russia stole the election from Biden, we know the story already.

What is amusing to me is that somehow, dumbfuck liberals think that conservatives swear we never break the law.

That’s not true. The difference is we generally want them investigated and liberal assholes don’t want their people investigated.

I don’t believe you.

Proof is in the pudding kiddo. Conservatives stand by the obstructionist in chief. They don’t want investigations. Not into their dead leader.

There was an investigation and what was the outcome? He wasn’t a Russian spy and you knew it from the beginning.

Tax returns?
Ukraine?

Memory lapses?

He beat HIllary fair and square and you faggots are butthurt. It’s ok to admit it.

Trump with $400 million beat HIllary with $1.2 billion, and now you dumb fucks are running Biden.

Would love to investigate him but he’s obstructing investigations. Do you still support him?

I don’t believe you.

Tax returns?
Ukraine?

Memory lapses?

Would love to investigate him but he’s obstructing investigations. Do you still support him?
Impeach him 4 or 5 more times.

I don’t believe you.

You want him to come out during the Pence administration?

this is YUGE

Yeah, we have something that looks fishy but after further review, we can't find anything he did wrong, so we will just smear his name as though he did and hope that no one reads the entire article.
Gaetz is a spoiled brat who doesn’t think rules apply to him.

this is YUGE

Yeah, we have something that looks fishy but after further review, we can't find anything he did wrong, so we will just smear his name as though he did and hope that no one reads the entire article.

What rules has he broken?

this is YUGE

House rules prohibit these type of arrangements.

But we could go back a little further.

this is YUGE

Would it have been better if he'd paid a stranger more?

Meh, a DUI arrest from 12 years ago, by a police officer who had a history of questionable conduct?

That's pretty much a non-starter...

Well, I actually read the article, and it appears that he has broken rules for renting. From the OP's link..............................

House rules state that all leases for district offices must be “at fair market value as the result of a bona fide, arms-length, marketplace transaction. The Lessor and Lessee certify that the parties are not relatives nor have had, or continue to have, a professional or legal relationship (except as a landlord and tenant).”

He had a personal relationship and friendship with the dude prior to renting the place, and he didn't start renting it until after he had been elected. And, he continues to have a friendship with the dude renting to him, as well as is getting it under fair market value, both of which are not allowed.

this is YUGE

Meh, a DUI arrest from 12 years ago, by a police officer who had a history of questionable conduct?

That's pretty much a non-starter...

Would it have better if he had paid a stranger more? Yes, because the rules state that the only relationship the congress critter can have with their landlord is strictly a tenant/landlord relationship, no personal or professional relationships other than that, and fair market value must be paid. Him getting it for less than market value and from a friend is against the rules.

Well, I actually read the article, and it appears that he has broken rules for renting. From the OP's link..............................

House rules state that all leases for district offices must be “at fair market value as the result of a bona fide, arms-length, marketplace transaction. The Lessor and Lessee certify that the parties are not relatives nor have had, or continue to have, a professional or legal relationship (except as a landlord and tenant).”

He had a personal relationship and friendship with the dude prior to renting the place, and he didn't start renting it until after he had been elected. And, he continues to have a friendship with the dude renting to him, as well as is getting it under fair market value, both of which are not allowed.

His assistant made the deal, not him.

So? His assistant also has to follow the rules if he is acting on the congress person's behalf. And, like I said, this is against the rules as he still maintains a personal relationship with the landlord when it is supposed to be strictly a tenant/landlord relationship, and he's supposed to pay fair market value, not get it cheap from a friend. The reason? Because it could look like the friend is engaging in "pay for play", especially if he's giving him a substantial discount. That could be viewed as buying access.

Would it have better if he had paid a stranger more? Yes, because the rules state that the only relationship the congress critter can have with their landlord is strictly a tenant/landlord relationship, no personal or professional relationships other than that, and fair market value must be paid. Him getting it for less than market value and from a friend is against the rules.

Actually, it makes no comment regarding a personal relationship at all, with the exception of being related:

"The Lessor and Lessee certify that the parties are not relatives nor have had, or continue to have, a professional or legal relationship (except as a landlord and tenant).”

If they're friends that's a complete non-issue. There's nothing there which addresses that.

Unless you're a deranged lib and then, well, yeah.

Also, it would appear as though the price paid was somewhere between the high and the low for such a property. That's the very definition of "fair market value".

And, finally, from the article:

"The rental agreement was approved by the House’s Administrative Counsel. "

Conversation's pretty much over at that point...

Yes, it would have. The rules are there for a reason.

If you or I did what Gaetz did that night, we’d have a DUI on our record. Gaetz got off because he’s special.

It’s just one in a string of episodes.

Yes, it would have. The rules are there for a reason.

Again, what rules were broken?

There's nothing in the rules which precludes him from leasing office space from a friend. I'll allow for the possibility that I missed that but, if I did, you'd have to show it to me...

If you or I did what Gaetz did that night, we’d have a DUI on our record. Gaetz got off because he’s special.

I don't think there's any one thing which resulted in him getting off, and not the least of them was the fact that the cop involved had a bit of a sketchy history himself..

It’s just one in a string of episodes.

What are some others?

So? His assistant also has to follow the rules if he is acting on the congress person's behalf. And, like I said, this is against the rules as he still maintains a personal relationship with the landlord when it is supposed to be strictly a tenant/landlord relationship, and he's supposed to pay fair market value, not get it cheap from a friend. The reason? Because it could look like the friend is engaging in "pay for play", especially if he's giving him a substantial discount. That could be viewed as buying access.

I guess you pulled a "titless wave" and skipped that it was approved by the House.

He's not a good guy most agree but he hasn't broken a law other GOP or Dems have broken. But perhaps he's not capable of doing much else.

Again, what rules were broken?

There's nothing in the rules which precludes him from leasing office space from a friend. I'll allow for the possibility that I missed that but, if I did, you'd have to show it to me...

It was part of the original article I linked to you. A relevant paragraph:

The guidelines state that leases for district offices must be "at fair market value as the result of a bona fide, arms-length, marketplace transaction. The Lessor and Lessee certify that the parties are not relatives nor have had, or continue to have, a professional or legal relationship (except as a landlord and tenant)."

These are taxpayer dollars. There’s going to be a lot of rules about how they’re spent. Especially when it comes to spending them with your buddies.

I don't think there's any one thing which resulted in him getting off, and not the least of them was the fact that the cop involved had a bit of a sketchy history himself..

If the veracity of the officer’s account was in question, the prosecutor would have said so. The prosecutor just decided to ignore it entirely without explaining why.

Forum List

Back