Poll about leakers

Who is the real traitor?

• Govt

• Leaker

Results are only viewable after voting.
She was harboring a secret, prosecutors say. Hours earlier, Ms. Winner, a 25-year-old former Air Force linguist who in February took a contractor job at a National Security Agency eavesdropping center in Georgia, printed out a top-secret intelligence report detailing Russian meddling in the American election and ferreted it out of the secure complex.

Days later, she would mail the file to a reporter at the national-security news outlet The Intercept. By the time the site published the document on Monday, Ms. Winner was already under arrest — undone by a trail of clues that quickly led investigators to her. Ms. Winner, who the F.B.I. said confessed when confronted, is now the defendant in the first criminal leak case of the Trump era.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/us/politics/reality-leigh-winner-leak-nsa.html

If leakers/whistleblowers leak info about how the govt is doing illegal shit, sometimes treasonous, to us and our friends, who is the real traitor? Is it better to be loyal to our big bloated bureaucracy or the American people?

Our government!

( Written by a bot for the government )

Seriously it is the government that is the traitor and not the individual that leaked the information. Too many partisan posters want to pretend their political party is beyond touch and can do no wrong and when caught they point their crooked little finger to the other side and tell everyone that the other side did it while not understanding it does not excuse their stupidity in life.

Oh well....
Damn right Bruce!
To partisan hacks, leakers are bad depending on who they leak about. Its sad.
You are still lumping the Wikileaks from the DNC/Hillary as "patriotic." But you're not partisan. Not at ALL.
it wasn't a leak about the government fool.

If leakers/whistleblowers leak info about how the govt is doing illegal shit, sometimes treasonous, to us and our friends, who is the real traitor? Is it better to be loyal to our big bloated bureaucracy or the American people?

Our government!

Seriously it is the government that is the traitor and not the individual that leaked the information. Too many partisan posters want to pretend their political party is beyond touch and can do no wrong and when caught they point their crooked little finger to the other side and tell everyone that the other side did it while not understanding it does not excuse their stupidity in life.

Oh well....

Nonsense.

Flynn for example after having lied about contact with the Russians during the campaign was now advising the president on matters of national security. Even worse, the president having full knowledge of that had no intention of doing anything about it.

That's when leakers come in handy because that little tidbit was classified & not known to the public.

And the same is true for AG sessions who also made contact with the Russians early on in the campaign and than lied about it during the confirmation hearings. That information was classified as well and would not have been made public were it not for a leaker.

All that & repubs say there's nothing to the trump campaign / Russia connection. lol

What part of what I wrote was nonsense to you?

The part that many partisans see no wrong on their side but see all the wrong on the other side and love the leakers when it hurt the opposition party but hate them when it hurt their political party?

If the investigation show that Trump is guilty then impeach and remove and I have no issue with it and in fact will welcome it.

That's good to know for sure. And I'll get back to re-read your post when I have the time. Maybe it was that all encompassing word "the government" that lead to my misunderstanding.

If you believe the government is working for you, well stay naive. If you believe our politicians on all sides have not committed some form of felony and possible treason, well stay naive. No side is immune to this subject and I mean none of them including Trump.

You have no clue what I believe, so don't waste my time with your baseless claims.

the young lady is a patriot....more than most people on here
I question her intent and reasons why she did it, but im glad she did it nonetheless. Maybe this will help clear the air on Russia, if its true. Im so ready to settle this shit!

Im not referring to leaks about military plans or anything like that. That isn't patriotic at all.

You're saying that the American people aren't bloated? :eusa_doh:

2DA47ADA00000578-3283496-image-a-17_1445523649966.jpg

She was harboring a secret, prosecutors say. Hours earlier, Ms. Winner, a 25-year-old former Air Force linguist who in February took a contractor job at a National Security Agency eavesdropping center in Georgia, printed out a top-secret intelligence report detailing Russian meddling in the American election and ferreted it out of the secure complex.

Days later, she would mail the file to a reporter at the national-security news outlet The Intercept. By the time the site published the document on Monday, Ms. Winner was already under arrest — undone by a trail of clues that quickly led investigators to her. Ms. Winner, who the F.B.I. said confessed when confronted, is now the defendant in the first criminal leak case of the Trump era.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/us/politics/reality-leigh-winner-leak-nsa.html
The interceptor turned her in lol

There are laws that were broken. The government broke the laws to begin with so the people who broke the laws should be held to account. The leaker broke the laws by not reporting the action to the Department Inspector General and then compounded the violation by leaking the information to the public. IMO both parties are equally guilty and should be punished accordingly. The leaker clearly should receive harsher punishment. Age, gender and intent has no bearing in the matter.

My opinion as a lifelong government employee and administrator.
who punishes the government?

After going through channels, the Justice Department.

FYI, I am glad the info is publicly known, but the process was traitorous.

What exactly did the wikileaks show that was Hillary or the Dems "at fault?" I honestly remember a lot of nothing burger; it wasn't anything important, that I remember. I may have forgotten something important.

Go back and read and if they did nothing that was big of a deal then why do so many of those on the left claim Wikileaks was wrong for what they did?

The emails from Top DNC officials and Hillary camp was what was released and some believe cost Clinton the election.
You mean the ones blaming Wiki for losing the election for Hillary? It was a factor, more about the continual erosion of trust than anything concrete. If you don't remember any "bomb shells" either, I'm guessing there weren't any.

I didn't like the fact that some hacker (now they say the Russians) violated a private organization and released that information to the world for a political purpose. Wiki played along, but the underlying objection I had was the theft of private information and utilizing it for political purposes.

It was used for political reason like everything Wikileaks does, so that is not surprising to me. The DNC should have hid their Game of Deceit better and not used Emails to work on denying Sanders the Primary just because they feared is radical way of thinking.

In the end it was those voting for Sanders that did not really join in with Clinton voters and Stein caught many of them along with the lack of minority support that Obama got during his two runs.

In 2020 I am sure many will be working against Trump and his voters will look at Wikileaks as the enemy like so many on the left view them as the enemy now...
My prediction is that Nikki Haley will be the next Republican President. Don't know when or how, but mark my words, Vlad won't like it and the Republicans are going to get reamed a new one by hackers and I hope at that point they remember how patriotic it all is.

Haley is hated in her former state. She ain't going nowhere where she has to be elected on a state wide basis.
I'm not at all surprised you and the rest of the ultra partisans hate her. She's straightforward. She does stuff that seems right to her, even if it costs her some votes. She even makes Trump's decisions sound totally sensible. I don't agree with her, necessarily, because she IS a conservative, but that is one good pol right there.

Does it explain why she leaked information that was already known?

Our government!

Oh well....
Damn right Bruce!
To partisan hacks, leakers are bad depending on who they leak about. Its sad.
You are still lumping the Wikileaks from the DNC/Hillary as "patriotic." But you're not partisan. Not at ALL.
it wasn't a leak about the government fool.
Exactly, fool.

Im not referring to leaks about military plans or anything like that. That isn't patriotic at all.

Where was that pic taken? O-B-City?

Where was that pic taken? O-B-City?

Weight Watchers meeting, Day 1

If you don't remember any "bomb shells" either, I'm guessing there weren't any.

Don't act like you even give a crap. I gave you a long list and you pick one and run with it. No need to be so disingenuous
That's a pretty fancy word for 11 a.m.
You gonna respond to it or just throw Xelor words at me?
Spain-train-crash.gif

:rofl:
About time for you to sit down, OL
About time for you to grow up, TN
images

Don't act like you even give a crap. I gave you a long list and you pick one and run with it. No need to be so disingenuous
Spain-train-crash.gif

images
you are bitching about something and then why I explain it to you, you ignore it. I don't need to be told to "grow up" from a child that has yet to grasp reality.

Spain-train-crash.gif

images
you are bitching about something and then why I explain it to you, you ignore it. I don't need to be told to "grow up" from a child that has yet to grasp reality.
Just because I don't agree that The World According to TN is true, doesn't mean I'm a child.

Spain-train-crash.gif

images
Just because I don't agree that The World According to TN is true, doesn't mean I'm a child.
I see, so TN not agreeing with you means he is? you are a very strange old woman.

Spain-train-crash.gif

images
Its not my world. Its reality. They were EMAILS. You can go read them yourself. I don't figure you care enough, though. Just keep talking smack because I posted what ACTUALLY happened and you don't like that shit.
Good grief.

Spain-train-crash.gif

images
I see, so TN not agreeing with you means he is? you are a very strange old woman.
No his stupid meme and his insults are.

Forum List

Back