Poll about leakers

Who is the real traitor?

• Govt

• Leaker

Results are only viewable after voting.
If leakers/whistleblowers leak info about how the govt is doing illegal shit, sometimes treasonous, to us and our friends, who is the real traitor? Is it better to be loyal to our big bloated bureaucracy or the American people?

Our government!

( Written by a bot for the government )

Seriously it is the government that is the traitor and not the individual that leaked the information. Too many partisan posters want to pretend their political party is beyond touch and can do no wrong and when caught they point their crooked little finger to the other side and tell everyone that the other side did it while not understanding it does not excuse their stupidity in life.

Oh well....
Damn right Bruce!
To partisan hacks, leakers are bad depending on who they leak about. Its sad.
You are still lumping the Wikileaks from the DNC/Hillary as "patriotic." But you're not partisan. Not at ALL.

Explain to me how Wikileaks was the one that was evil when the Emails clearly show the DNC to be the one at fault?

For me Wikileaks is not the problem but the Government that hides it way of making sure it get what it want through propaganda and manipulating the voter minds. More should be like Wikileaks and target all that are guilty of being treasonous no matter what political party they belong too.
Wikileaks wasn't at fault in my opinion for leaking the information. They were at fault for the way they leaked. They didn't disperse the info in 1 big block, they did it piecemeal, thereby going past what the original ideology was, namely divulging information they feel the public has a right to know. But rather taking political sides. Leaks in the Trump administration are something else entirely. The bureaucracy uses leaks to make public, things they consider bad. The information is leaked as a direct response to certain actions and I think are at it's heart apolitical. Most law enforcement and intelligence bureaucrats for instance lean Republican, yet a lot of stuff gets leaked. You think that's because they are partisan, or that they feel the current president is doing stuff that directly effects their job in a negative way?

If leakers/whistleblowers leak info about how the govt is doing illegal shit, sometimes treasonous, to us and our friends, who is the real traitor? Is it better to be loyal to our big bloated bureaucracy or the American people?

Our government!

Seriously it is the government that is the traitor and not the individual that leaked the information. Too many partisan posters want to pretend their political party is beyond touch and can do no wrong and when caught they point their crooked little finger to the other side and tell everyone that the other side did it while not understanding it does not excuse their stupidity in life.

Oh well....
Damn right Bruce!
You are still lumping the Wikileaks from the DNC/Hillary as "patriotic." But you're not partisan. Not at ALL.
It is. They are a political party that runs our government.
I love ALL leaks when they show something bad.
You better come up with something better than that.
What "bad" did it show? That's my point.

Break the law. Get convicted. Do your time.

You could still be a person who did the right thing for the nation

Nuance. Try it.
I feel as though the Laws themselves need to be a bit more nuanced.

For instance, set up a legal channel independent of Government to bypass laws regarding classified intel and let them determine if said bypass was done in order to protect citizens.....then let it rip.

Our government!

Oh well....
Damn right Bruce!

Explain to me how Wikileaks was the one that was evil when the Emails clearly show the DNC to be the one at fault?

For me Wikileaks is not the problem but the Government that hides it way of making sure it get what it want through propaganda and manipulating the voter minds. More should be like Wikileaks and target all that are guilty of being treasonous no matter what political party they belong too.
What exactly did the wikileaks show that was Hillary or the Dems "at fault?" I honestly remember a lot of nothing burger; it wasn't anything important, that I remember. I may have forgotten something important.

In your poll, you simply ask poll about leaker, who is the traitor? Under those terms, strictly speaking, it has to be the leaker because the leaker's job is to PROTECT the information. Then you modify it in your post to say he is doing good uncovering nefarious activity, but then, in such instances of governmental wrongdoing, there are many proper channels available to the person without leaking that protected info to the public. So technically speaking, it is still the leaker. That is not to say the government doesn't do much that is wrong or should not be made public, but the poll does not qualify what the leak is about.

Right now, James Comey is being sued by someone because he found out the FBI had broken the law and gathered illegal information on about 20 million people! Then his FBI did nothing about it. In this case the leak was obviously justified because the leak was about transparency and not the information itself being leaked for political reasons.
Like the CIA spying on you through your TV or cell phone? Them hacking smart cars that drive themselves to do assassinations? PRISM? NSAs illegal encryption? The govt lying about civilian casualties? How our govt hide that our soldiers were getting hurt in Iraq by handling WMD precursors we sold them in the 80s? Our apache in Iraq killing reporters and then laughing about it? Or what about when wikileaks showed that scientists were fudging AGW data?

Our government!

Oh well....
Damn right Bruce!

What exactly did the wikileaks show that was Hillary or the Dems "at fault?" I honestly remember a lot of nothing burger; it wasn't anything important, that I remember. I may have forgotten something important.

Go back and read and if they did nothing that was big of a deal then why do so many of those on the left claim Wikileaks was wrong for what they did?

The emails from Top DNC officials and Hillary camp was what was released and some believe cost Clinton the election.

Im not referring to leaks about military plans or anything like that. That isn't patriotic at all.

Look at the leakers Deep Throat leaking to the reporters The Washington Post which brought down Nixon.. the movie All the Presidents Men in the 1970's is a Docudrama about it..

No, if you are angry because it happened to your own party...well then it shows ignorance on that person refusing to see the truth..

Our government!

Oh well....
Damn right Bruce!

That the primaries were rigged against Bernie and for Hillary.

The blatant racism of the DNC operatives as well.

Our government!

Oh well....
Damn right Bruce!

Go back and read and if they did nothing that was big of a deal then why do so many of those on the left claim Wikileaks was wrong for what they did?

The emails from Top DNC officials and Hillary camp was what was released and some believe cost Clinton the election.

The DNC totally let the Democrats down with there trying to bring Bernie down. It pissed off so many people they just didn't vote.

But I can imagine the emails between Reince and Ryan trying to get Trump out.. it would have been fair to have those released as well..Not for political gain but for the truth.

Damn right Bruce!

The DNC totally let the Democrats down with there trying to bring Bernie down. It pissed off so many people they just didn't vote.

But I can imagine the emails between Reince and Ryan trying to get Trump out.. it would have been fair to have those released as well..Not for political gain but for the truth.

If there were any which is most likely then it was wrong for hackers not to obtain those Emails. You are correct it should be fair but the world we live in is never fair...

Our government!

Oh well....
Damn right Bruce!

Crooks are crooks. Too bad that you have a set of crooks that you like. You are not entitled to your own personal set of crooks that have immunity.
Please show me where I support leakers of either stripe. You should be saying this to TN, not me.

Our government!

Oh well....
Damn right Bruce!

Crooks are crooks. Too bad that you have a set of crooks that you like. You are not entitled to your own personal set of crooks that have immunity.
Please show me where I support leakers of either stripe. You should be saying this to TN, not me.
Your words:

Our government!

Oh well....
Damn right Bruce!
Giving presidential prospects answers to debate questions. Hek, their chairwoman RESIGNED over it. Excuse me, TWO of them over favoritism.
They favored Clinton over Bernie
It showed Hillary knew SA was aiding ISIS and she accepted millions of dollars from them.
It showed how they were infiltrating the catholic church to change ideology(not really that big of a deal, probably normal with people. But it showed how sneaky they were
The party itself was trying to set up a prospect for failure. They literally tried to rig the primary. Hek, one of Clintons lawyers gave strategy advice to the DNC

Im not referring to leaks about military plans or anything like that. That isn't patriotic at all.

Crime should be leaked.

There are laws that were broken. The government broke the laws to begin with so the people who broke the laws should be held to account. The leaker broke the laws by not reporting the action to the Department Inspector General and then compounded the violation by leaking the information to the public. IMO both parties are equally guilty and should be punished accordingly. The leaker clearly should receive harsher punishment. Age, gender and intent has no bearing in the matter.

My opinion as a lifelong government employee and administrator.

There are laws that were broken. The government broke the laws to begin with so the people who broke the laws should be held to account. The leaker broke the laws by not reporting the action to the Department Inspector General and then compounded the violation by leaking the information to the public. IMO both parties are equally guilty and should be punished accordingly. The leaker clearly should receive harsher punishment. Age, gender and intent has no bearing in the matter.

My opinion as a lifelong government employee and administrator.
who punishes the government?

Our government!

Oh well....
Damn right Bruce!

You mean the ones blaming Wiki for losing the election for Hillary? It was a factor, more about the continual erosion of trust than anything concrete. If you don't remember any "bomb shells" either, I'm guessing there weren't any.

I didn't like the fact that some hacker (now they say the Russians) violated a private organization and released that information to the world for a political purpose. Wiki played along, but the underlying objection I had was the theft of private information and utilizing it for political purposes.

Govt reports say they tried to hack the RNC as well. But couldn't get through.

Our government!

Oh well....
Damn right Bruce!
Giving presidential prospects answers to debate questions. Hek, their chairwoman RESIGNED over it. Excuse me, TWO of them over favoritism.
They favored Clinton over Bernie
It showed Hillary knew SA was aiding ISIS and she accepted millions of dollars from them.
It showed how they were infiltrating the catholic church to change ideology(not really that big of a deal, probably normal with people. But it showed how sneaky they were
The party itself was trying to set up a prospect for failure. They literally tried to rig the primary. Hek, one of Clintons lawyers gave strategy advice to the DNC
That statement right there is worthy of Easy65. I'm really disappointed in you.

Damn right Bruce!

You mean the ones blaming Wiki for losing the election for Hillary? It was a factor, more about the continual erosion of trust than anything concrete. If you don't remember any "bomb shells" either, I'm guessing there weren't any.

I didn't like the fact that some hacker (now they say the Russians) violated a private organization and released that information to the world for a political purpose. Wiki played along, but the underlying objection I had was the theft of private information and utilizing it for political purposes.

It was used for political reason like everything Wikileaks does, so that is not surprising to me. The DNC should have hid their Game of Deceit better and not used Emails to work on denying Sanders the Primary just because they feared is radical way of thinking.

In the end it was those voting for Sanders that did not really join in with Clinton voters and Stein caught many of them along with the lack of minority support that Obama got during his two runs.

In 2020 I am sure many will be working against Trump and his voters will look at Wikileaks as the enemy like so many on the left view them as the enemy now...

Forum List

Back