POLL: How Bout An Official Gesture Of Atonement For Past Sins Against African Americans?...

Would You Support An Official Government-Sponsored Gesture Of Atonement To African Americans

• Yes

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 89.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not only does it not solve any problems, but it won't be enough. I don't owe any of them one cent. None of them can legitimately blame slavery for their problems. Those are made up issues that have no basis in the real world.

Blaming slavery is an excuse not a reason.

Actually, it all started with slavery. They were forced here by brutal slave traders. And then a couple hundred years of horrific treatment followed. This stuff has everything to do with Slavery.

Their own tribal chiefs sold them into slavery.

The problem with you wanting me as a white person to apologize for slavery is that not one member of my family ever owned slaves. I have nothing to apologize for nor is such an apology warranted. If you want an apology get all those that actually owned slaves to apologize to those that were slaves.

Not talkin about a personal apology. I'm talkin about a collective nation acknowledgement and atonement gesture.

That's the same as forcing a personal apology from every American.

Go fuck yourself. I've done nothing to apologize for.

It's not. It's a collective acknowledgement of the awful suffering African Americans have endured for centuries. It would do our nation's conscience some good. Maybe then we could move on.

Actually, it all started with slavery. They were forced here by brutal slave traders. And then a couple hundred years of horrific treatment followed. This stuff has everything to do with Slavery.

The problem with you wanting me as a white person to apologize for slavery is that not one member of my family ever owned slaves. I have nothing to apologize for nor is such an apology warranted. If you want an apology get all those that actually owned slaves to apologize to those that were slaves.

Not talkin about a personal apology. I'm talkin about a collective nation acknowledgement and atonement gesture.

It's not. It's a collective acknowledgement of the awful suffering African Americans have endured for centuries. It would do our nation's conscience some good. Maybe then we could move on.

So you expect people like me, because I'm white, to acknowledge something my family couldn't have done since we didn't come to the U.S. until over 40 years after slavery ended?

I have no reason to apologize and being white doesn't make it one.

I don't know, Australia did something like it with the Aborigines. It doesn't solve all the problems, but it's like getting a new start to things.

Not only does it not solve any problems, but it won't be enough. I don't owe any of them one cent. None of them can legitimately blame slavery for their problems. Those are made up issues that have no basis in the real world.

Actually, it all started with slavery. They were forced here by brutal white slave traders. And then a couple hundred years of horrific treatment followed. They never asked to be ripped away from their families and taken here. This stuff has everything to do with slavery.

Slavery ended 150 years ago. How many centuries will pass before they stop using that as an excuse?

It won't stop until there's reconciliation. A kind gesture like i'm proposing, could help achieve it.

What you're proposing is that people who didn't own slaves apologize to people that weren't slaves.

Or your parents? Are ANY GOPers interested in good gov't? Just LOVE giving it all away to your heroes, the greedy idiot rich...?

Why shouldn't a person pay for his own education?
A lot of people can't. Why are we the only modern country without free or very cheap college? Thanks GOP!
Why should something someone wants be free to them and cost me?
Because your parents had the money. And it's called progress. We've been giving the farm away to the rich for 30 years. Hear's another GOPer theme. Life was tough for me, so why should you have it easy? Bitter angry white men...and the mess goes on, with blacks getting the worst of it.
Same old class envy bullshit.
Yeah, anyone that works to create a life for themselves and does it better than others is a criminal, right? You individual with a peasant's mentality.
Then get behind Dem policy- in this case raising taxes on the rich and giant corps, NOT YOU.
Get behind Dem policy? What the hell for? I advocate for a blend of the ideas of the Left and the Right, not just one side. When it comes to so-called Reparations, I take a decidedly Right (anti-Reparations) perspective.
Also on taxing the rich and giant corps their fair share to invest in America?
Hell, no... I'm all about sticking it to companies that ship American jobs off-shore, and taxing the shit out of the top tiers, and their multinationals...
Well then cut the crap that started this argument, they can pay for solutions, like they used to before Reaganism. Not THAT much tho ay caramba...

College wasn't free before Reagan.
It was at Cal. Public U's b efore he became Gov., dingbat. And other places when he became president. Hell, public college cost doubled just under W. Pub dupe MORONS.

Good luck getting all that shit passed in Congress, and vetted by SCOTUS, Princess...

As to being a "Pub dupe"...

I have no idea what you're talking about; I voted for Obumble in both 2008 and 2012, and Bernie Sanders in the Illinois primaries this past spring season...

Then again, you have no idea what you're talking about, so, it's a wash...
Then get behind Dem policy- in this case raising taxes on the rich and giant corps, NOT YOU.
Get behind Dem policy? What the hell for? I advocate for a blend of the ideas of the Left and the Right, not just one side. When it comes to so-called Reparations, I take a decidedly Right (anti-Reparations) perspective.
Hell, no... I'm all about sticking it to companies that ship American jobs off-shore, and taxing the shit out of the top tiers, and their multinationals...

I agree we were sold a bill of goods. NAFTA was the worst piece of legislation the US has ever seen.
We were supposed to have improved training for good jobs. Great job, GOP.

Or your parents? Are ANY GOPers interested in good gov't? Just LOVE giving it all away to your heroes, the greedy idiot rich...?

A lot of people can't. Why are we the only modern country without free or very cheap college? Thanks GOP!
Because your parents had the money. And it's called progress. We've been giving the farm away to the rich for 30 years. Hear's another GOPer theme. Life was tough for me, so why should you have it easy? Bitter angry white men...and the mess goes on, with blacks getting the worst of it.

My parents didn't have the money to send me to college. I worked and put myself through college.
Costs are so high now, and min wage so low, that's not possible anymore. Thanks GOP!

Who are the colleges run by again? That's right, liberals. And those profit colleges are averaging a 20% profit margin. I would have no complaints if I could only invest money there.
Not the administrators. And online colleges are pure GOP scams. Boooshies changed laws to make them possible just in time to screw returning GIs. Your party is a disgrace, dupe.

I agree we were sold a bill of goods. NAFTA was the worst piece of legislation the US has ever seen.
We were supposed to have good jobs people,wanted to train for....great job fascist democrats....

Forgiveness and reconciliation are made up issues that have no basis in the real world.

I don't know, Australia did something like it with the Aborigines. It doesn't solve all the problems, but it's like getting a new start to things.

Actually, it all started with slavery. They were forced here by brutal slave traders. And then a couple hundred years of horrific treatment followed. They never asked to be ripped away from their families and taken here. This stuff has everything to do with slavery.
You mean democrats....
Southern conservatives, dolt.

Who are the colleges run by again? That's right, liberals. And those profit colleges are averaging a 20% profit margin. I would have no complaints if I could only invest money there.
Not the administrators. And online colleges are pure GOP scams. Boooshies changed laws to make them possible just in time to screw returning GIs. Your party is a disgrace, dupe.
Don't obamaloans fund them?

Horseshit. Why would I apologize for something I haven't done? "Collective acknowledgements" are horseshit propaganda. They mean nothing, and only provide a justification for demanding concessions, like reparations.

We were supposed to have good jobs people,wanted to train for....great job fascist democrats....
There are 3-6 million going begging, dupe.

Yeah, anyone that works to create a life for themselves and does it better than others is a criminal, right? You individual with a peasant's mentality.
Well then cut the crap that started this argument, they can pay for solutions, like they used to before Reaganism. Not THAT much tho ay caramba...

It was at Cal. Public U's b efore he became Gov., dingbat. And other places when he became president. Hell, public college cost doubled just under W. Pub dupe MORONS.

One college, wow! And it has gone up a lot more since Reagan asking each student to pay $300, idiot! Costs over tripled under Clinton in 95, dupe asshole.

Actually, it all started with slavery. They were forced here by brutal slave traders. And then a couple hundred years of horrific treatment followed. They never asked to be ripped away from their families and taken here. This stuff has everything to do with slavery.
You mean democrats....
Southern conservatives, dolt.
Says the fascist liberal Nazi....:lol:

STILL too expensive. And GOP won't pass them.

My parents didn't have the money to send me to college. I worked and put myself through college.
Costs are so high now, and min wage so low, that's not possible anymore. Thanks GOP!

Yeah, why didn't Obama prosecute those bankers in 2009? That's right they were his buddies. Thanks hater dup Dems!

You mean 94,000,000, tool....

One college, wow! And it has gone up a lot more since Reagan asking each student to pay $300, idiot! Costs over tripled under Clinton in 95, dupe asshole.
The whole Cal. system. And that's $4k now.

STILL too expensive. And GOP won't pass them.
No, obamaloans do fund them....so....

Yep, NAFTA sold us down the river. Clinton screwed the American worker.