POLL: How Bout An Official Gesture Of Atonement For Past Sins Against African Americans?...

Would You Support An Official Government-Sponsored Gesture Of Atonement To African Americans

• Yes

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 89.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Get behind Dem policy? What the hell for? I advocate for a blend of the ideas of the Left and the Right, not just one side. When it comes to so-called Reparations, I take a decidedly Right (anti-Reparations) perspective.
Also on taxing the rich and giant corps their fair share to invest in America?

Let's end corporate welfare. Let's repeal NAFTA and make it tougher for companies to take their companies out of the country and use cheap labor. Instead of raising taxes, get rid of many of the tax deductions companies and people get.
NAFTA free trade is not the problem, our GOP educational system (obstruction of tax breaks for training for tech jobs etc) is. NAFTA means new markets, the days of HS jobs paying good money are over. Thanks GOP union busting....Of course closing loopholes and pandering to lobbyists is part of raising taxes. Vote Dem then and stop being a dupe...
No one paid for my tech training...why would they?
Because having 3-7 million jobs going begging or going to Germany etc is STUPID? SOMEONE has to stop being stupid, that would be the GOP. Probably your training had something to do with Dem funding or tax incentives and you don't even know it lol. This is mindless obstruction- BREAKING for the dupes...

Yes, you need to stop being stupid. At least you realize you are. That's a step in the right direction.

Please show me that Buchanan did not win all the southern delegates. He won them all, it was a sweep. Three people competed and only one to the south.

Once again you're conflating two different elections. It appears you don't know the difference between 1856 and 1860. Buchanan would be the former. Let us start there.

Buchanan did win all the Southern states, yes. But there were two people competing -- not three --- and it's hard to argue that the other one (Fillmore) was really competing anyway. The Know Nothing Party was a flash in the pan, it disappeared after this, and when it nominated Fillmore --- he wasn't even there. Nor does it seem he agreed with its platform, part of which btw was to just "ignore" the slavery question and hope it went away. So that's your only "competition", and you can't make the case that it even WAS competition.

And again, as already posted, Frémont did not even run in the South. The Republican Party didn't put out its own candidates in the South until 1868. Even Lincoln's birth state of Kentucky didn't have him on a ballot until 1864. Frémont was never on the ballot in the South. So Buchanan --- plus, if you count him, Fillmore ---- that's two people. Not "three". And barely even two.

Three people also ran in the South in 1860. They were Douglas (Democrat), Breckinridge (Southern Democrat) and Bell (Constitutional Union). No Lincoln. Wasn't on a ballot.

Breckinridge won the southern democratic nomination after they left the southern states left first Democratic convention after no nominee was named. The second convention was not attended by the southern states and the Democrats in the south made Breckenridge the nominee.

NO, they walked out of the Party's official second convention --- after some had already walked out of the first one, and THEN ran their breakaway rump convention. So they were there, and then walked out, and then went down the street to have their own party.

Right here, pal:
>> The resumed convention's first business was to decide whether to re-admit the delegates who had bolted the Charleston session, or to seat replacement delegates who had been named by pro-Douglas Democrats in some states. The credentials committee's majority report recommended re-admitting all delegates except those from Louisiana and Alabama. The minority report recommended re-admitting some of the Louisiana and Alabama delegates as well. The committee's majority report was adopted 150-100½, and the new Louisiana and Alabama delegates were seated. Many additional delegates now withdrew, including most of the remaining Southern delegates, and also a scattering of delegates from northern and far western states.[3] << (Wiki)

But the Democratic Party, independent of that, made Douglas the nominee --- not Breckinridge. Just as their 1948 convention went on and named Truman, with or without the walkouts.

As I said this is historical record, and there's not a damn thing you can do about that. By the time of their respective campaigns, Breckinridge was no more a "Democrat" than Teddy Roosevelt in 1912 was a "Republican". Same thing. A single political party doesn't run two candidates against each other. How the hell do you expect that to work?? That's the whole point of naming a nominee. "A" means one. Not two, not three ---- one.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the angry incoherent racist administration of Barry Hussein Sotoro Obama, son of a radical anti-American African nationalist, be considered to be an "atonement" for past racial injustice? Do y'all lefties need a verbal apology before you stop assassinating White Cops?

Would you support it? Do you think it would help heal the deep wounds? Maybe an official Government-sponsored acknowledgement and atonement could lead to reconciliation.

Most African Americans still feel anger and sorrow over how they've been treated. It does seem like an open festering wound. Maybe a kind official gesture could help African Americans forgive and get some kind of closure. What do you think?

We've already provided plenty of atonement: the Civil War and the Fourteenth Amendment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You forgot affirmative action and that 1 in every 3 1/2 is having their food purchased through food stamps.
Usually some of their food, or a very small amount of their food. Thanks for all the shytty paying jobs! And your brainwashed, useless, racist opinion...Try thinking about what the GOP abused middle class and poor could use, mainly the defenestration of the racist/hater/mindless obstruction/propaganda based New BS GOP.

Get behind Dem policy? What the hell for? I advocate for a blend of the ideas of the Left and the Right, not just one side. When it comes to so-called Reparations, I take a decidedly Right (anti-Reparations) perspective.

Let's end corporate welfare. Let's repeal NAFTA and make it tougher for companies to take their companies out of the country and use cheap labor. Instead of raising taxes, get rid of many of the tax deductions companies and people get.
NAFTA free trade is not the problem, our GOP educational system (obstruction of tax breaks for training for tech jobs etc) is. NAFTA means new markets, the days of HS jobs paying good money are over. Thanks GOP union busting....Of course closing loopholes and pandering to lobbyists is part of raising taxes. Vote Dem then and stop being a dupe...
Because having 3-7 million jobs going begging or going to Germany etc is STUPID? SOMEONE has to stop being stupid, that would be the GOP. Probably your training had something to do with Dem funding or tax incentives and you don't even know it lol. This is mindless obstruction- BREAKING for the dupes...
Nope...my training was all on me....why the fuck would I depend on someone else to tell me what to do with my life?

POLL: How Bout An Official Gesture Of Atonement For Past Sins Against African Americans?...

Yes - but Native Americans first.

By rights --- we owe then a TON of back rent.

Of course that opens up another can of worms, since by the same rights, the Angles, Saxons and Franks owe a ton of rent to the Celts.... and so on.

Wouldn't the angry incoherent racist administration of Barry Hussein Sotoro Obama, son of a radical anti-American African nationalist, be considered to be an "atonement" for past racial injustice? Do y'all lefties need a verbal apology before you stop assassinating White Cops?

Some sort of official acknowledgement and atonement could help. It's worked pretty well in Australia. They worked out something like that with the Aborigines. It can't erase the hundreds of years of awful abuse, but it could help some forgive and move on.

And as far as the police go, they share in the blame for the current awful state of things. American Police have a very long history of violent racism. Speak to some African Americans sometime. There's two sides to every story.

Some sort of official acknowledgement and atonement could help. It's worked pretty well in Australia. They worked out something like that with the Aborigines. It can't erase the hundreds of years of awful abuse, but it could help some forgive and move on.

And as far as the police go, they share in the blame for the current awful state of things. American Police have a very long history of violent racism. Speak to some African Americans sometime. There's two sides to every story.
Whose going to atone to my ancestors for dying to free the blacks from the democrats?

Would you support it? Do you think it would help heal the deep wounds? Maybe an official Government-sponsored acknowledgement and atonement could lead to reconciliation.

Most African Americans still feel anger and sorrow over how they've been treated. It does seem like an open festering wound. Maybe a kind official gesture could help African Americans forgive and get some kind of closure. What do you think?

The government didn't enslave them. That being said if they want an official "we're sorry" that doesn't include reparations I have no problem with that. Reparations though are a non starter.

I'm willing to accept a compromise. But we have to heal this open festering wound. I think an official act could help African Americans forgive. Maybe help them find some sort of closure.

The problem with that is the jesse jacksons of the world have built their empires on creating, and maintaining, the division and hatred. obummer has furthered the separation of the races to foment exactly what is happening. A race war.
How does someone like Jesse "create" division when that division was there before they came on the scene or before they were even born?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I know what you're saying, but i'm trying to find solutions to heal the open festering wound. Ignoring it or getting defensive, won't make it go away. It has to be confronted.

Make an official Government-sponsored declaration of acknowledgement and atonement. It could help African Americans forgive and find some closure. Let's try it, what do we have to lose?

A hell of a lot of money, like we've lost already.

Atonement for what anyway? No blacks today have ever been enslaved. No blacks today even knew anybody that was enslaved.

Furthermore, my ancestors never enslaved anyone, so what do I have to apologize for?

Not you personally. More a collective nation acknowledgement.

I don't believe in collective anything.

Fair enough. But we do need to heal this open festering wound. I think it's time to stop ignoring and being defensive. We lose nothing by as a nation acknowledging and atoning for past treatment of African Americans. It could lead to some peace.

It won't lead to peace. Don't you get that?

I agree, that's the obvious solution. It's what Martin Luther King wanted. But i think the past has to be addressed in some way. And it'll have to be addressed in an official Government-sanctioned way. Something along the lines of how Australia approached it with the Aborigines.

Yeah, I'm sure that will change everything. Ask how many blacks (or whites for that matter) know about this:

Congress Apologizes for Slavery, Jim Crow

It seems to have a done a lot of good in Australia. I mean, it can't erase the history of awful abuse, but it can help folks forgive and find closure.

Prove it's done good in Australia.

Nope...my training was all on me....why the fuck would I depend on someone else to tell me what to do with my life?
Or your parents? Are ANY GOPers interested in good gov't? Just LOVE giving it all away to your heroes, the greedy idiot rich...?

here's my gesture......:fu:
Those that support this nonsense are just looking for a payday.
I'd be interested to see how Washington would pull off that move.

A hell of a lot of money, like we've lost already.

Atonement for what anyway? No blacks today have ever been enslaved. No blacks today even knew anybody that was enslaved.

Furthermore, my ancestors never enslaved anyone, so what do I have to apologize for?

Fair enough. But we do need to heal this open festering wound. I think it's time to stop ignoring and being defensive. We lose nothing by as a nation acknowledging and atoning for past treatment of African Americans. It could lead to some peace.

Let's try it. We have nothing to lose. Even if it only helps some African Americans forgive and find some closure, it'll be a success.

Let's try it. We have nothing to lose. Even if it only helps some African Americans forgive and find some closure, it'll be a success.
No, let's not try it. I have no interest in feeding the crocodiles.

Or your parents? Are ANY GOPers interested in good gov't? Just LOVE giving it all away to your heroes, the greedy idiot rich...?
What part of on me is giving you difficulty?

Why are you liberals,always sticking you nose in other people business?

I agree, that's the obvious solution. It's what Martin Luther King wanted. But i think the past has to be addressed in some way. And it'll have to be addressed in an official Government-sanctioned way. Something along the lines of how Australia approached it with the Aborigines.

Yeah, I'm sure that will change everything. Ask how many blacks (or whites for that matter) know about this:

Congress Apologizes for Slavery, Jim Crow

It seems to have a done a lot of good in Australia. I mean, it can't erase the history of awful abuse, but it can help folks forgive and find closure.

Prove it's done good in Australia.

It has done some good. Relations with Aborigines has improved. But like i said, it can't erase hundreds of years of awful abuse. It can help though.

The government didn't enslave them. That being said if they want an official "we're sorry" that doesn't include reparations I have no problem with that. Reparations though are a non starter.

I'm willing to accept a compromise. But we have to heal this open festering wound. I think an official act could help African Americans forgive. Maybe help them find some sort of closure.

The problem with that is the jesse jacksons of the world have built their empires on creating, and maintaining, the division and hatred. obummer has furthered the separation of the races to foment exactly what is happening. A race war.
How does someone like Jesse "create" division when that division was there before they came on the scene or before they were even born?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Jesse fans the flames, just like Obama.