Poll: Is it racist for a state to not have any early voting?

Is it racist to not allow early voting?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nostra

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2019
If making rules about how one votes early is racist, is it racist to not have any early voting at all?

If making rules about how one votes early is racist, is it racist to not have any early voting at all?
It can be, if it is the real goal. I like early voting. I think it should be greatly expanded to better ascertain the will of the people (all the people, no matter their race) in a society that values the democratic principles in thought of the founding fathers, toward a society that charts it own course based on the will of the people. Times have changed. As it stands, everybody trying to physically vote the same day at polls open for a set number of hours is a non-starter. There are just too many people for it to work, anymore.
True, you can get many of the working people out of the decision-making process, but that should not be a goal, unless simply trying to sculpt the vote toward your favored voting block. That was not one of the intentions of the majority of the writers of our constitution.

Used to be that Election Day took place not over the course of a month but on, as the name implies, a single day. And people voted in-person at a single location corresponding to their geographic location. For those away from home, they could apply for absentee ballots. But for almost everyone, voting took place during a single 12-to-14 hour period on a workday in one location in which voters, and not ballot harvesters or some other third party, marked a ballot and placed it in a box or a machine.

Personally, I got no problem with early voting and I see connection to racism at all. We've got a lot more people now and spreading out the opportunity to vote across however many days is a good thing. And I also have no problem with allowing the aged or infirm to vote by mail or by absentee ballot if they're somewhere else, provided they have a valid form of ID that has been confirmed earlier. My wife and I vote by mail, we get a voter registration card in the mail every year and we sign it and send it back as verification and we both have valid Texas ID cards, mine is a driver's license and hers isn't but it still has her picture on it. Our ballots come in the mail about a month prior to election day, we mark them, sign them, and send them back well before the last day, in the mail. All of that is the way it should be IMHO. No verification, no ballot. No matching signature, then the ballot doesn't get counted. You do it right or your vote doesn't count.

None of that has anything to do with racism. It ain't complicated for anybody, and IMHO if you can't figure out how to do that and get your ballot mailed by the deadline then I don't believe your vote should count, and I don't care what color you are or who you voted for. And by deadline I mean it got to the election place by the end of the election day. None of this crap where it matters when you mailed it, if it don't get there in time then that's on you. And I don't care if we're ass-deep in another COVID pandemic or not.

All this talk of voter suppression of black people is bullshit. They managed to get out and vote for Obama, right?

The dems passed a 45 day early voting period here in Virginia thinking that they would never lose another election but once the right-leaning got our feet under us we weaponized it against them. ;)

I toted eight like-minded non-family member voters to the polls myself in the early voting period and that was happening all across the state last Oct-Nov.....There was nothing organized about the whole thing either, it just made good sense and was sorta fun. :)

Of course it's racist. Democrats think black voters are too stupid to vote on election day. They may get confused on what day voting actually is or something.

Blacks are stupid, not because of voting, but because they allow the party to use their race to promote their political agenda, while insulting them at the same time.

Of course it's racist. Democrats think black voters are too stupid to vote on election day. They may get confused on what day voting actually is or something.

Blacks are stupid, not because of voting, but because they allow the party to use their race to promote their political agenda, while insulting them at the same time.
At least some blacks are being red-pilled over the above. I saw one black guy today that was a dem but said he's likely to vote gop in 2022 because of the voting bill. He said any black with a IQ over a warm dish rag should be insulted.

At least some blacks are being red-pilled over the above. I saw one black guy today that was a dem but said he's likely to vote gop in 2022 because of the voting bill. He said any black with a IQ over a warm dish rag should be insulted.

Unfortunately he's one of the very few. Next election the Democrats will once again get the black vote in the 90% plus range as always.

Not racist, but definitely anti working class.

Texas has a long early voting period.

Forum List

Back