POLL: Kool Aid

Poll: ever heard of Kool Aid as a racial stereotype?

• Yes, I heard of this before the Brian Kilmeade comment

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • No, I never heard of this befor the Brian Kilmeade comment

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many people have to hear about this to qualify for your "widely known" label?

I dunno. I'm leaving the interpretation wide open.

BINGO!! So no number will never fit your definition of "widely known" so this entire thread is a folly

Is there some reason you don't want the analysis? I left it wide open and impartial, which means I'm wide open to being shown to be a tiny minority. And I'm fine with that.

Dude, go ahead and analyze. Since you dont know what number of people have to hear about something for it to be widely known I'm curious how you're going to analyze anything. But go ahead.

PS. No matter how many people have heard of it it wont ever make you hear of it in past tense.
i agree with that. wow. since the past is the past it is hard to rewrite it. But the fact remains, if one doesn't know about something, guess what they have no idea to avoid it. It is quite simple.

The OP is the first I've heard of it. Sounds pretty stupid to me. Hell I don't even know who Brian Kilmeade is. :dunno:

I have heard the stereotype. I think it was the movie Friday where Chris Tucker's character says something along the lines of, "You know I have Kool-Aid". :lol:

I have only heard of it as a stereotype for gullible people.

That's the only meaning I was aware of too, and until the Kilmeade thread spurred me to look it up, I didn't know it was connected to Jim Jones. I knew the meaning only from the context I see it used on the internet but never knew the derivation of it.

So it's been educational.

How many people have to hear about this to qualify for your "widely known" label?

I dunno. I'm leaving the interpretation wide open.

BINGO!! So no number will never fit your definition of "widely known" so this entire thread is a folly

Is there some reason you don't want the analysis? I left it wide open and impartial, which means I'm wide open to being shown to be a tiny minority. And I'm fine with that.

Dude, go ahead and analyze. Since you dont know what number of people have to hear about something for it to be widely known I'm curious how you're going to analyze anything. But go ahead.

PS. No matter how many people have heard of it it wont ever make you hear of it in past tense.
i agree with that. wow. since the past is the past it is hard to rewrite it. But the fact remains, if one doesn't know about something, guess what they have no idea to avoid it. It is quite simple.

Agreed, but since we arent discussing whether to avoid it or not I fail to see your point

The OP is the first I've heard of it. Sounds pretty stupid to me. Hell I don't even know who Brian Kilmeade is. :dunno:
well you've heard of it now right? Isn't that amazing how that works? When you haven't heard of something and then do, you now know about that something.

That was a stereo-type when I was in high school 11 years ago.
Wasn't that the fox and friends show? Don't friends cut up? :lol:

Never heard of it. I knew poor people drink it a lot....it's cheap and mixed with water it tastes good.

Yes, but it was more of stereotype more associated with poor people. As a poor kid it was a staple in our house.

Here's at least two comments as a stereotype for "poor". I've never considered that either, although if I thought about it, Kool Aid would not be something I'd expect in a rich person's house -- obviously it's not Perrier -- but the reverse didn't occur to me.

I suspect what this poll might ferret out is not so much how many of us heard of this one or that one, but how seriously we lean on stereotype in general. I have to admit, I'm not one to take them seriously.

It is way cheaper than pop and it masked the crude taste of our well water.

I have only heard of it as a stereotype for gullible people.

That's the only meaning I was aware of too, and until the Kilmeade thread spurred me to look it up, I didn't know it was connected to Jim Jones. I knew the meaning only from the context I see it used on the internet but never knew the derivation of it.

So it's been educational.

Yes...."drinking the Koolaid" has been a political insult since Jim Jones offed all those people. To my knowledge....this has nothing to do with the stereotype.

Never heard of it. I knew poor people drink it a lot....it's cheap and mixed with water it tastes good.

Yes, but it was more of stereotype more associated with poor people. As a poor kid it was a staple in our house.

Here's at least two comments as a stereotype for "poor". I've never considered that either, although if I thought about it, Kool Aid would not be something I'd expect in a rich person's house -- obviously it's not Perrier -- but the reverse didn't occur to me.

I suspect what this poll might ferret out is not so much how many of us heard of this one or that one, but how seriously we lean on stereotype in general. I have to admit, I'm not one to take them seriously.

It is way cheaper than pop and it masked the crude taste of our well water.

Pop? Pfffffft! It is called soda.

Forum List

Back