Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?

Did you have regular contact with both a mother and father in life & think it was important?

• (I'm a democrat) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a democrat) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a democrat) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a democrat) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a moderate/independent) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (I'm a republican) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a republican) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a republican) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a republican) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (Other) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (Other) Yes. But not it was not important to me

• (Other) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (Other) No. And no, it didn't bother me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Christians have to follow the law like everyone else.

The Constitution is the highest law, in this nation, and the First Amendment is part of it. You cannot advocate such blatant disregard for it, and still credibly speak of any rule of law.

Christians have to follow the law just like everyone else. That is the essence of the First Amendment- Christians have to follow the same rules as Jews and Muslims and Atheists.

We all learned that in 1964.

The reason is simple: denying marriage to same sex parents doesn't help their children. As denying marriage to same sex parents doesn't magically transform them into opposite sex parents. It merely guarantees that their children never have married parents.

Which hurts those children and helps none.

There is no such thing as marriage between two people of the same sex. Marriage, by definition, always has been, and will always be, between a man and a woman..

Both legally-- and linguistically you are wrong.

The reason is simple: denying marriage to same sex parents doesn't help their children. As denying marriage to same sex parents doesn't magically transform them into opposite sex parents. It merely guarantees that their children never have married parents.

Which hurts those children and helps none.

You do not help children by offering them a fraudulent mockery, and insisting that it is the same as the genuine thing that is being mocked.

Who is offering marriage to children Bob?

The legal marriage of two persons of the same gender harms no one.

But if those two people have children- they are better off having married parents instead of unmarried parents.

If you do not believe that- explain why those children are better off if their parents are not married.

Another classic. Name a single church that has been forced to marry any couple, gay or otherwise, against their wishes? You can't b/c it hasn't and nor should it happen. Remember, Kim Davis isn't a church.

If present direction continues, then it will happen.

The line was crossed when bakers, photographers, and similar businesses were force by law to cater to disgusting homosexual mockeries of weddings or else be punished for refusing to do so. That is a line that never should have even been approached, much less crossed. It's only a very small step from there to doing the same thing to churches and to clergy. Yes, that blatantly violates the First Amendment, but that line has already been crossed. If the First Amendment was going to be left standing, it would have been left standing when it was private businesses being so forced.

No, it isn't a really small step. Not a single church has been forced to marry anyone against their wishes. Not one. This is nothing more than overly-dramatic poppycock. Besides, churches and private businesses are not subject to state and federal public accommodation laws.

Last edited:
Another classic. Name a single church that has been forced to marry any couple, gay or otherwise, against their wishes? You can't b/c it hasn't and nor should it happen. Remember, Kim Davis isn't a church.

If present direction continues, then it will happen.

The line was crossed when bakers, photographers, and similar businesses were force by law to cater to disgusting homosexual mockeries of weddings or else be punished for refusing to do so. That is a line that never should have even been approached, much less crossed. It's only a very small step from there to doing the same thing to churches and to clergy. Yes, that blatantly violates the First Amendment, but that line has already been crossed. If the First Amendment was going to be left standing, it would have been left standing when it was private businesses being so forced.

No, it isn't a really small step. Not a single church has been forced to marry anyone against their wishes. Not one. This is nothing more than overly-dramatic poppycock. Churches and private businesses are not subject to state and federal public accommodation laws. If you wish to discuss this topic you should at least have the slightest bit of knowledge on the subject.

I mean, there's only nearly a half century of direct, perfect contradiction of all of Bob's assumptions.

I mean, there's only nearly a half century of direct, perfect contradiction of all of Bob's assumptions.

Having to serve Jewish people means that Catholics priests are bound to marry Jews in Cathedrals. Did you not get the tear-stained memo in crayon?

lol

I had the best parents anyone could ever hope to have. They taught and prepared me how to live and survive life.
One poster here talked about being a man who grew up with both mom and dad like almost everyone did....or longed to do anyway... 90-something % above... He said that not only was having a father important to give himself a sense of male identity, but also a mother to teach him how to relate to other women...namely his wife today.

I keep saying "important for boys to have dads and girls to have moms"...but equally important is for the child to learn how to relate to the opposite gender which is something they'll have to know how to do well to be functional and healthy adults..

An important point, that is almost being missed, here…

It's not just that I had a father, and that I also had a mother.

Like the vast majority of adults, a healthy, functional marriage is crucial to my happiness, and to my well-being.

My wife came from a rather adverse background, and my marriage has, at times, not been an easy one. I doubt it would have survived as long as it has (we're coming up on twenty-one years) if I hadn't had the advantage of learning from the example that my parents provided.

It's not just that my father showed me how to be a man, and how to be a husband.

It's not just that my mother showed me what to expect of a woman, and of a wife.

More than that, it's how my parents, in their own marriage, showed me how to be in a healthy marriage, in spite of the various obstacles that they faced, and the different obstacles that my wife and I face.

My wife did not grow up with this advantage, and I hate to think how things might have turned out for her had she married a man who also did not have this advantage.

Nope. Denying marriage to same sex parents only guarantees that their children will never have married parents. Which hurts their children and helps no child.

No thank you. Your idea is foolish by the standards of your own argument. As it doesn't remedy any 'problem' you've cited. It merely hurts and humiliates children by the hundreds of thousands...in exchange for nothing. All while helping no child.

No, that's what your side does, by advocating that children shoulder put into a fraudulent, dysfunctional mockery of a family instead of a genuine family, and by insisting that the mockery is just as valid and just as good.

My Dad was killed for nothing in the skies over Vietnam and my mother went batshit crazy when I was 8 so I might as well not have had one

My parents is the best we can asked. Married for 49 years and live happily ever after. There are only 3 of us......... my 2 older sisters and me. So far no divorce in the family.

My Dad was killed for nothing in the skies over Vietnam and my mother went batshit crazy when I was 8 so I might as well not have had one
And you were the better or worse for not having either a mom or dad, do you think?

And you were the better or worse for not having either a mom or dad, do you think?
How could someone possibly know that unless they were able to travel back in time then forward in time following two different time lines?

How could someone possibly know that unless they were able to travel back in time then forward in time following two different time lines?
By watching the joys and lessons & advantages of their peers who had a mom and dad, unlike them.

I hope Skull Pilot that you find healing. It's tough without the proper foundation. But even with those of us who grew up minus a mom or dad, we can fill those gaps with time and patience with our process.

By watching the joys and lessons & advantages of their peers who had a mom and dad, unlike them.
I'm pretty sure the peers didnt have the same mom and dad he did. Thats like saying I can watch an NBA game and know what my life would have been like if I had only played basketball in grade school.

I'm pretty sure the peers didnt have the same mom and dad he did. Thats like saying I can watch an NBA game and know what my life would have been like if I had only played basketball in grade school.
Well we are both speculating aren't we? Because Skull himself needs to answer the questions, not you. Meanwhile, take a look at the poll.

Well we are both speculating aren't we? Because Skull himself needs to answer the questions, not you. Meanwhile, take a look at the poll.
Thats the point. Skull would be speculating as well unless he had a top notch time machine capable of traveling a different time line where the parents were alive. What will looking at the poll do?

Sometimes no parent would have been better than one or both. Something Sil doesn't get.
Well, society and child psychologists agree that children do best with both a mother and father. The poll reflects that. So it's not just me saying it. You are facing a 90%+ majority paint..

Forum List

Back