Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?

Did you have regular contact with both a mother and father in life & think it was important?

• (I'm a democrat) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a democrat) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a democrat) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a democrat) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a moderate/independent) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (I'm a republican) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a republican) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a republican) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a republican) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (Other) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (Other) Yes. But not it was not important to me

• (Other) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (Other) No. And no, it didn't bother me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Having GOOD parents is more important than having a "mother and father." Having a mother and father doesn't mean shit if they aren't good parents.
We're talking statistically, not your rare exception. That strawman has been tried like what, a million times on this topic? Maybe more?

And pay attention here: the statistic says 90% believe it's important for a child to have BOTH a mother and father...

Therefore, according to your logic, 90% condemn you for being a single mom since you denied your child a marriage with a father in their lives.

90% believe a mother and father are both important in a child's life. So, if they support gay marriage, they are either mentally ill or lying.

Nope. That's your hallucination talking. It would the same useless source that told you Trump was going to lose the election in NY.

Remember.....you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, Jen.

Having GOOD parents is more important than having a "mother and father." Having a mother and father doesn't mean shit if they aren't good parents.
We're talking statistically, not your rare exception. That strawman has been tried like what, a million times on this topic? Maybe more?

And pay attention here: the statistic says 90% believe it's important for a child to have BOTH a mother and father...

Therefore, according to your logic, 90% condemn you for being a single mom since you denied your child a marriage with a father in their lives.

Does the 90% consider what Jen did to be child abuse? After all, single motherhood denies a child a father.

Do you think she turned herself in?

Does the 90% consider what Jen did to be child abuse? After all, single motherhood denies a child a father.

Do you think she turned herself in?

If she didn't turn herself in- is she guilty of harboring a known criminal?

I'm neither a Democrat, a Moderate, or a Republican, and none of your options describe my family life.
That's great. But this thread is about a poll: statistics. You are an exception quite obviously. 90% of the large number of people for USMB who responded said they felt it is important for a child to have both a mother and father.

The gist of this thread isn't the rare exception here or there. The gist of this thread is how this 90% number in no way shape or form squares up with the propaganda the last 10 years we've been fed like through outlets like Facebook and other highly selective far left media "sources". If 90% of folks are believing it's important for a child to have both a mother and father, they cannot at the same time be in support of gay marriage.

The equivalent would be like saying "I'm in favor of child safety restraints in passenger cars, but at the same time I don't believe all passenger cars should have child safety restraints." You can't have both positions at once.

So, we've been lied to by the left media about the real numbers behind gay marriage "support". At most the general public can support 10% in favor.

hmmmm

I think it's important to have both.
I think men and women were created differently (overall) - i mean there are ALWAYS exceptions....

but in my opinion, yeah, you should have a father.
but, maybe it's better to not have one than a bad one......

I'm neither a Democrat, a Moderate, or a Republican, and none of your options describe my family life.
That's great. But this thread is about a poll: statistics. You are an exception quite obviously. 90% of the large number of people for USMB who responded said they felt it is important for a child to have both a mother and father.

The gist of this thread isn't the rare exception here or there. The gist of this thread is how this 90% number in no way shape or form squares up with the propaganda the last 10 years we've been fed like through outlets like Facebook and other highly selective far left media "sources". If 90% of folks are believing it's important for a child to have both a mother and father, they cannot at the same time be in support of gay marriage.

The equivalent would be like saying "I'm in favor of child safety restraints in passenger cars, but at the same time I don't believe all passenger cars should have child safety restraints." You can't have both positions at once.

So, we've been lied to by the left media about the real numbers behind gay marriage "support". At most the general public can support 10% in favor.

Exactly. All the polls from credible organizations are wrong and should be flatly dismissed. Your moronic straw poll; on the other hand, is taking the real pulse of America. lol.

You do realize that most people do not care what lies you tell yourself, right?

And here your hallucinations overwhelm you. The poll in this thread says nothing about gay marriage.

When people are actually asked about same sex marriage, they overwhelmingly support it:

ycf4akubeuwcyhgyxljyig.png

And in yet another fit of helpless submission to the ravages of cognitive dissonance, you ignore it and imagine your own.

It would be like saying "Single motherhood is not necessarily ideal, but it should certainly be legal.'

But of course, you give single mothers a pass from your own batshit standards....because you were one. If not for double standards, you'd have none at all.

Look more closely at the poll. It asks if you think it's important to have a father; not whether or not you had one.

I looked quite closely at your poll and it doesn't anything about gay marriage.

"You can't have both positions at once." Indeed.

Last edited:
People that think is small minded absolutes are missing a lot of information.

Ignorance is the most dangerous thing we are facing now.

Exactly. All the polls from credible organizations are wrong and should be flatly dismissed. Your moronic straw poll; on the other hand, is taking the real pulse of America. lol.

You do realize that most people do not care what lies you tell yourself, right?

This helpless thumbsucking that Sil does is for Sil's benefit. With these bizarre lies little more than a rhetorical blankey.

Does it need to? Gay marriage C-A-N-N-O-T provide either a mother or father, 100% of the time. I'd like to think that people's most rudimentary reasoning centers of their brain could do the simplest of math on that issue.

Does it need to? Gay marriage C-A-N-N-O-T provide either a mother or father, 100% of the time. I'd like to think that people's most rudimentary reasoning centers of their brain could do the simplest of math on that issue.

Yes, it does. You can't claim your poll speaks to gay marriage if it doesn't specifically ask about gay marriage. The reasoning center of your brain ignores anything and everything that doesn't buttress your rabidly anti-gay crusade.

Save lying to yourself, there isn't a damn thing you can do to stop gays from marrying and raising their children. You would be wise to make peace with that fact.

Neither can single motherhood. But no one is calling for that to be illegal. And that's where your argument always breaks. As one can think its important to have a mother and father.....and still want same sex marriage to be legally recognized.

As most folks clearly do:

ycf4akubeuwcyhgyxljyig.png

As usual......you ignore anything that you don't want to believe. And imagine whatever you do want to believe.

No one gives a shit what lies you tell yourself.

Look more closely at the poll. It asks if you think it's important to have a father; not whether or not you had one.

Here is your poll question: "Did you have regular contact with both a mother and father in life & think it was important?"

So ya, it basically asked if you had them.

Forum List

Back