POLL: Politics, Suicide & Depression in America

Are our political behaviors making us more & more miserable?

• Yes. We're doing this to ourselves by choice

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • No. There is no connection here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • This is a problem of the other side, not mine.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Mango. I have no idea.

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Item One
Our suicide rates have increased to the point at which the CDC says they are actually affecting our life expectancy. Our usage of antidepressants continues to increase. Looking at the facts, it's not difficult to argue that we, as a society, are become more and more unhappy.

Item Two
More and more, Americans are walking around in a state of hypersensitivity, just waiting to be outraged or offended by something. When someone from the "other" tribe does or says something that we can attack, we jump right in with the group hysterics.

Theory
We're making ourselves more and more miserable by adhering ourselves to political ideologies, by refusing to even understand the opinions of those who dare to disagree with us, and by jumping on the tiniest opportunities as a reasonable excuse to attack the "other".

Please vote and comment. Thanks.

=============

U.S. Antidepressant Use Jumps 65 Percent in 15 Years
Suicides are at the highest rate in decades, CDC report shows

Item One
Our suicide rates have increased to the point at which the CDC says they are actually affecting our life expectancy. Our usage of antidepressants continues to increase. Looking at the facts, it's not difficult to argue that we, as a society, are become more and more unhappy.

Item Two
More and more, Americans are walking around in a state of hypersensitivity, just waiting to be outraged or offended by something. When someone from the "other" tribe does or says something that we can attack, we jump right in with the group hysterics.

Theory
We're making ourselves more and more miserable by adhering ourselves to political ideologies, by refusing to even understand the opinions of those who dare to disagree with us, and by jumping on the tiniest opportunities as a reasonable excuse to attack the "other".

Please vote and comment. Thanks.

=============

U.S. Antidepressant Use Jumps 65 Percent in 15 Years
Suicides are at the highest rate in decades, CDC report shows
No. Our political dysfunction and the increasing suicide rate are manifestations of a deeper problem.

No. Our political dysfunction and the increasing suicide rate are manifestations of a deeper problem.
I would agree with that.

I think this is an indication of an overall culture in decay.

U.S. public schools doctrine:
Comply with our leftist teachings or you will be drugged.

Political dysfunction, suicide, depression and every other problem is due to simple overcrowding. Put too many mice into an area and they have problems.

People are social animals but they interact best in small localized numbers.

It could also be argued that it's the reverse - that our political behaviors are driven by increasing unhappiness.

This country is awesome. The pill popping is a healthcare issue, not a happiness index. Doctors are incentivised to prescribe and with the sales reps, its become predatory.

As much as mac is always a "sky is falling" drama queen because he's so fickle and anxious when people have different political views.....no, politics is not the driving force here when it comes to over prescribing/over medicating our patients.

You'd wanna take a look at healthcare to solve a healthcare issue, like a normal human with a brain.

As much as mac is always a "sky is falling" drama queen because he's so fickle and anxious when people have different political views......
I was wondering when the first ironic post would pop up.

Political dysfunction, suicide, depression and every other problem is due to simple overcrowding. Put too many mice into an area and they have problems.

People are social animals but they interact best in small localized numbers.
Yepp. Big cities have big city problems, and it doesnt matter if john on the corner is pro choice and rex across the street is pro life.

Sorry, but as I've said before, the Democrats have slipped way too far off the American cracker. I understand their opinions perfectly, find them in opposition to the overall liberty and personal freedom guaranteed by the Constitution, and consider them worthy of being continually attacked for the nonsense they are..

Sorry, but as I've said before, the Democrats have slipped way too far off the American cracker. I understand their opinions perfectly, find them in opposition to the overall liberty and personal freedom guaranteed by the Constitution, and consider them worthy of being continually attacked for the nonsense they are..
So you'd say it's an issue with the Left and not the Right?

I would agree with that.

I think this is an indication of an overall culture in decay.

Culture is all. It isn’t decaying. It is being destroyed intentionally.
The suicide rate is particularly spiking among “middle aged white women”. These are the first cohort to have been so completely destroyed by feminist propaganda and the liquidation of institutions created to protect them.

“Natalie said she began “thinking of suicide as an option” after her mother died suddenly and the stress of caring for her father, who had Alzheimer’s, while raising two teenagers on her own and working full-time became “oppressive. Each day it just seemed more impossible to keep doing what I was doing....”

Yeah...”you’ve come a long way baby”

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
“Natalie said she began “thinking of suicide as an option” after her mother died suddenly and the stress of caring for her father, who had Alzheimer’s, while raising two teenagers on her own and working full-time became “oppressive. Each day it just seemed more impossible to keep doing what I was doing....”

Yeah...”you’ve come a long way baby”
Yupp. Not because partisans are meanies to each other and all the sanctimoneous Macs of the world have to cry about it on messageboards every..

fucking....

day

Removing God from our society seems to coincide with this topic.
It may not take away the pain.
It takes away the hope.

Forum List

Back