POLL: Should America be a Sanctuary Country?

Should America be a Sanctuary Country?

• Total voters
It's written on that French statue in DC isn't it ? They're planning another to put down south. I'll read " Uncle Sam doesn't want your sawed of asses GTFO."
trump-5.jpg

Every time there's a thread about sanctuary cities and states, a consistent group of people jump in to mock and attack anyone who are against them.

Okay. Why just limit it to states and cities? What's the point?

So I'm sure many will vote "Yes" and proudly explain why.

My vote is No.

do you understand that being a sanctuary city only means that you're not turning people over to ICE?

where does it say that the feds can deputize local police forces?
I think it's going way too far when they won't allow ICE to enter a court house or a jail to collect someone. I suppose they are worried that illegals won't show up for court if that starts happening, but JEEZUM. When we had an inmate who had to serve a sentence in another jurisdiction after his bid with us was up, we'd alert that office and the sheriff from wherever would be there at the door to take him away. ICE can't even do that? That has got to be tremendously frustrating for them and I don't blame them for objecting to that.
On the other hand, overcrowded county jails shouldn't have to and legally can't detain an inmate past his release date, waiting for an ICE officer to mosey over. I know they're busy but you can't expect that from a jail. However, the jail should definitely give ICE full advance notice of when the inmate is expected to be discharged. Of course, if he is getting out on bail, that could be just about any time, and you wouldn't have more than a few hours notice.
See how complicated it gets? I think a lot of the "sanctuary city" stuff is misinformation and rumor, and different cities have different policies. Doing anything to make it harder for ICE to prosecute offenders is WRONG, though.

people walk out of courthouses when they've been CHARGED, not only when they are convicted, and ICE has no right to anyone who has just been accused. you can't even serve a person with legal papers in court. there is a certain decorum that has to be followed.

ICE can do it's job without making the local governments their patsies.

I guess I should have offered a third answer option, something like:

"I think it should be, but I don't want to admit it yet".

Perhaps you could define what it is that you call sanctuary.

Does it mean all form of asylum for undocumented immigrants who commit any number of crimes?

Does it just mean protecting innocent illegal migrant victims of crimes or witnesses to crimes?

i would say no to the former and yes to the latter.
Illegal migrant victim.......

Lol

Gtfo

You think it's funny that illegal migrant workers are victims of untold numbers of assaults, rapes and murders?

Perhaps you think that because they are illegal they deserve to be victims and that amuses you?

at some point one has to stop pretending that trump troll bigots are decent people who can be held to any standard acceptable to normal people.

Every time there's a thread about sanctuary cities and states, a consistent group of people jump in to mock and attack anyone who are against them.

My vote is No.

do you understand that being a sanctuary city only means that you're not turning people over to ICE?

I think it's going way too far when they won't allow ICE to enter a court house or a jail to collect someone. I suppose they are worried that illegals won't show up for court if that starts happening, but JEEZUM. When we had an inmate who had to serve a sentence in another jurisdiction after his bid with us was up, we'd alert that office and the sheriff from wherever would be there at the door to take him away. ICE can't even do that? That has got to be tremendously frustrating for them and I don't blame them for objecting to that.
On the other hand, overcrowded county jails shouldn't have to and legally can't detain an inmate past his release date, waiting for an ICE officer to mosey over. I know they're busy but you can't expect that from a jail. However, the jail should definitely give ICE full advance notice of when the inmate is expected to be discharged. Of course, if he is getting out on bail, that could be just about any time, and you wouldn't have more than a few hours notice.
See how complicated it gets? I think a lot of the "sanctuary city" stuff is misinformation and rumor, and different cities have different policies. Doing anything to make it harder for ICE to prosecute offenders is WRONG, though.

people walk out of courthouses when they've been CHARGED, not only when they are convicted, and ICE has no right to anyone who has just been accused. you can't even serve a person with legal papers in court. there is a certain decorum that has to be followed.

You are a dumb twit. It amazes me that you have the nerve to pretend to be a lawyer.

My vote is No.

You are a dumb twit. It amazes me that you have the nerve to pretend to be a lawyer.

go back to your bottle, drunk.
That's what it would take for me to be friendly with you. Not even sure it would work then. I have visions of you weighing about 250 at 5'5"

Ewwww

That's what it would take for me to be friendly with you. Not even sure it would work then. I have visions of you weighing about 250 at 5'5"

Ewwww

you're unhinged. go back to getting drunk, lowlife.

Ewwww

It does not require alcohol to recognize a bitch. You fit the profile to a t. You started off with insults in this thread so don't cry like a faggot when it gets tossed back at ya. You are out of your league cum dumpster

Ewwww

It does not require alcohol to recognize a bitch. You fit the profile to a t. You started off with insults in this thread so don't cry like a faggot when it gets tossed back at ya. You are out of your league cum dumpster

again, you're unhinged. and you're melting down and embarrassing yourself, drunk.

Ewwww

again, you're unhinged. and you're melting down and embarrassing yourself, drunk.
Lol

Not even close darlin. You should stick to being a fake lawyer cause you are terrible at mud slinging.

My vote is No.
My vote is yes. We began this country as a sanctuary from the monarchy of England. Our ancestors came here for a better life. They had babies, which became our Forefathers. Our Forefathers led to the creation of this country, which is the place we live in today.

The Statue of Liberty is a national monument. The plaque at the base, say's it all.

I live in a sanctuary city......but the virtue signaling city council is classy about it. When they send the welcome wagon out to the houses of newly arriving M13 , it's catered by the top chefs in town.
A majority of the Hispanics and Latinos in my family and extended family want to see Mexico and South America improved to be more like America. The Left wants exactly the opposite. For political gain. That's the bottom line here, despite their transparent lies.

That's been their approach on pretty much everything all along: Those on top must be oppressors, and must be brought down, rather than raising up everyone else. It's much easier. They figure people might resent you if you expect them to put forth too much effort.

They're going to get what they want, by the way.

Last edited:
A majority of the Hispanics and Latinos in my family and extended family want to see Mexico and South America improved to be more like America. The Left wants exactly the opposite. For political gain. That's the bottom line here, despite their transparent lies.

That's been their approach on pretty much everything all along: Those on top must be oppressors, and must be brought down, rather than raising up everyone else. It's much easier.

They're going to get what they want, by the way.

We've already given Mexico the store on NAFTA, Pompous Mac. I don't think we are going to fix the problem by "raising them up".

We have a lot of illegals here because CONSERVATIVE business owners keep hiring them. Please stop trying to lay this off on "liberals" because they don't think the inhumane policies of breaking up families is the best solution.

You see, we really didn't have the kind of problem before Ronald Reagan started screwing with it. He was the one who gave 3 milllion illegals amnesty and then put employers in charge of screening who should be here

In a related policy, he put foxes in charge of watching the henhouse. It didn't work out well for the chickens.

Note that we're seeing EXACTLY the kinds of mockery and attacks I described in the OP.

They literally can't help themselves. They know what they're doing is wrong, but they don't care.
They care enough to avoid the question.

Stupid fucks actually think that prior to the colonies of Europe, America was a country.

My vote is No.

Nope. If there is not enough affordable housing, medical/mental health care , or employment with decent wages for US citizens then there isn't enough for additional people.

Forum List

Back