POLL: Should Trump appoint a Special Prosecutor?

Should Trump appoint a Special Prosecutor?

• Yes

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • Mango

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
This Comey firing and its aftermath aren't going away soon, and calls for a Special Prosecutor on the Russia probe will only get louder.

Should Trump step up, quell the complaints, and appoint an SP?

I vote yes.

Not until there is some specific charge contemplated beyond "THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING, OR ARE HERE, OR WERE HERE, OR HACKED MY SPOTFY AND MADE IT PLAY ONLY BARRY MANILOW AT THE BEHEST OF TRUMPENPUTIN!!!!

So you're really not concerned with Russia's attempts to meddle in our elections? I'm sure you'd be this unconcerned if it were Hillary the Russians tried to help, right?

In "Key Judgments," the report says, "We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the U.S. presidential election. Russia's goals were to undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump."

Report: Putin, Russia tried to help Trump by 'discrediting' Clinton

My main concern is for the mental health of sudden "The Russians are coming" nutjobs like you.

The Russians aren't "coming", you good little Republican, they came. They interfered, successfully, in our election and we KNOW they did it to hurt Hillary and help Trump. Most Americans think there should be a special prosecutor, Republicans being the exception to that majority.
you only know what you have HEARD.

Yeah, from over a dozen US intelligence agencies. :rolleyes:

I voted no simply because multiple people have said there is no connection. At this point, its just nonsense. Hell, they haven't even proved the Russian state did the hacking. They could have done it, but they haven't PROVEN shit.
If something was to actually come up concerning trump, they should go after him. If there is one thing I want from our federal government, it is accountability

Not until there is some specific charge contemplated beyond "THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING, OR ARE HERE, OR WERE HERE, OR HACKED MY SPOTFY AND MADE IT PLAY ONLY BARRY MANILOW AT THE BEHEST OF TRUMPENPUTIN!!!!

So you're really not concerned with Russia's attempts to meddle in our elections? I'm sure you'd be this unconcerned if it were Hillary the Russians tried to help, right?

In "Key Judgments," the report says, "We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the U.S. presidential election. Russia's goals were to undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump."

My main concern is for the mental health of sudden "The Russians are coming" nutjobs like you.

The Russians aren't "coming", you good little Republican, they came. They interfered, successfully, in our election and we KNOW they did it to hurt Hillary and help Trump. Most Americans think there should be a special prosecutor, Republicans being the exception to that majority.

Yeah, from over a dozen US intelligence agencies. :rolleyes:
Yeah, and Iraq had WMDs that were going to destroy the planet.

Ok sure, it's not like the federal government has anything better to blow tax payer money on, fuck it lets get two, in case the first one royally screws up. :cool:

Personally I think he should appoint you Mac since you might be the only non-partisan citizen left in the USA.

"and then the prosecutor started prosecuting on me, he gave me the first, second and third degree" -- Cheech & Chong, Up In Smoke

And I'm sure you were concerned with the cost of the 11th Benghazi hearing, right?
Uh-Huh, if I had my way the federal budget would be less than the annual cost of running a 100 watt light bulb, so Congress Critters and the other varieties of dishonest, partisan dickweeds wouldn't be able to afford to "investigate" anything more complicated than where they left their car keys last night.

I didn't ask about the budget, I asked if you expressed your concern about the umpteenth hearing on Benghazi.
You asked if I was concerned about the COST of that dog & puppet show and I told you exactly what my perspective is regarding the costs of all this sort of Washingtonian nonsense and exactly what I do about it if I had my way, got any other non-sequitur bullshit you want to throw into the mix?

If I searched your screen name and Benghazi, what would I find?
Knock yourself out princess.

Okay...And look, lots of comments about Hillary, nothing about cost. How weird...

After More Than 3 Years And Intense Questioning Of Hillary Benghazi Is Alive And Well

Barack Benghazi Obama: Let’s make “Benghazi” his middle name and let’s make it stick.

Benghazi Hero’s Dad Reveals Bombshell Document That Could PROVE Hillary Lied [VIDEO]

LOL! I didn't even comment on the "investigation" at all genius, which doesn't indicate that I haven't been consistently concerned with the outrageous money wasting machine in Washington nor does it indicate that I wanted to waste EVEN MORE money expanding that particular "investigation".

**** NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED HYPER-PARTISAN SHENANIGANS *****

The people who gave the Russians a good bit of crap all got away with doing it already. Nothing will happen to anyone who matters. Some aids some place will get fingered for screwing up and it will all be over until the next guy. It's pointless and expensive and the people working on this need to get the fuck to work . They have been fucking around for 16 years with apocalypse their investigations and gotten to the conclusion that they just don't be know. This is a political hit, nothing more. You want a special investigator? Get one on Hillary.

Hillary got an investigation,and a pretty thorough one. Trump should put up or shut up. He should either have Sessions charge her based on what's been uncovered or not.

The reason he won't... because if you take that to a Jury of 12 DC Residents, they are all going to look at you funny.

The people who didn't bother to come out for Trump's Inauguration will be the ones who will end up on that jury.

And I'm sure you were concerned with the cost of the 11th Benghazi hearing, right?
Uh-Huh, if I had my way the federal budget would be less than the annual cost of running a 100 watt light bulb, so Congress Critters and the other varieties of dishonest, partisan dickweeds wouldn't be able to afford to "investigate" anything more complicated than where they left their car keys last night.

I didn't ask about the budget, I asked if you expressed your concern about the umpteenth hearing on Benghazi.
You asked if I was concerned about the COST of that dog & puppet show and I told you exactly what my perspective is regarding the costs of all this sort of Washingtonian nonsense and exactly what I do about it if I had my way, got any other non-sequitur bullshit you want to throw into the mix?

Okay...And look, lots of comments about Hillary, nothing about cost. How weird...

After More Than 3 Years And Intense Questioning Of Hillary Benghazi Is Alive And Well

Barack Benghazi Obama: Let’s make “Benghazi” his middle name and let’s make it stick.

Benghazi Hero’s Dad Reveals Bombshell Document That Could PROVE Hillary Lied [VIDEO]

LOL! I didn't even comment on the "investigation" at all genius, which doesn't indicate that I haven't been consistently concerned with the outrageous money wasting machine in Washington nor does it indicate that I wanted to waste EVEN MORE money expanding that particular "investigation".

You commented in many Benghazi threads but didn't once mention the cost of the investigations. That's so weird for someone concerned with cost. :lol:

I love when partisan hacks call others partisan hacks. The ultimate irony. At least I know I'm partisan. Try a little self reflection. :lol:

more correctly, she has only heard what she wanted to hear, truthful or not, real or not, accurate or not.

Yeah go with that "there's nothing to see here" like a good little party boy. Party over country!

Yes, get to more important priorities like if Trump is in Russia's pocket with business dealings and how many of his staff and Session's are as crooked as Nixon. If you want Hillary have at it. Those are the most important things at the moment. If you really want someone running your country that has deep ties to Russia then perhaps you should just move there.
There is absolutely NO evidence of that, all this "investigation" which has been conducted by the most sophisticated surveillance and data collection apparatus in the history of human kind has produced is speculation based on circumstantial supposition, which granted has produced a heck of a lot of partisan political chicanery for the suckers to lap up but nothing more. The fact of the matter is that given President Twitter's instability all this is likely to result in is him saying or doing something drastic to further destabilize the already tenuous US-Russian relations just to prove he isn't "Russia's pocket" which could very well lead to all sorts of unpleasant ramifications.

Heck if he were in "Russia's Pocket" I'd be a bit more confident about the President since at least the Russian government is more level-headed and competent than he's shown himself to be so far.

more correctly, she has only heard what she wanted to hear, truthful or not, real or not, accurate or not.

Yeah go with that "there's nothing to see here" like a good little party boy. Party over country!

Right back at ya, you progressive lemming.

Yeah, you're a "rebel", Marty...

Among Republicans, a majority feel Congress can handle the investigation, but a sizable 43% support the call for a special prosecutor, as do majorities of Democrats (82%) and independents (67%). Overall, the poll finds that 65% would rather see a special prosecutor handle the investigation, while 32% think Congress is capable of handling it.

CNN/ORC poll: Most back special prosecutor for Russia investigation - CNNPolitics.com

This Comey firing and its aftermath aren't going away soon, and calls for a Special Prosecutor on the Russia probe will only get louder.

I vote yes.

WHICH 'Russia Probe' are you talking about?

Whether Russia attempted to influence the outcome of the 2016 election?
- No. It has already been decided that the Russians may have / did hack the DNC's e-mails but NEVER attempted to hack the actual state election processes. Only Obama and his DHS tried to do that.

Flynn's dealings with the Russians?
- Sure. Appoint a special prosecutor, especially if there are calls for it.

The claims of Russia-Trump Collusion?
- No. The Directors of the NSA and FBI have already testified before Congress saying there was NEVER any evidence of a crime or collusion between Russia and Trump, no crime calling for an investigation. The FBI has already said 3 times there is no evidence of collusion. Both the Intel Committee Chairman and member D-Feinstein have publicly stated there is no evidence to support the claim of collusion. There are currently multiple on-going investigations into a case that does not have a crime, never had evidence of a crime or collusion, and after 10 months does not have the 1st shred of evidence to suggest there was ever collusion between Russia and Trump. If there was ANY evidence to suggest such a thing - which there never WAS and IS not - then by all means YES...but there isn't.

Among Republicans, a majority feel Congress can handle the investigation, but a sizable 43% support the call for a special prosecutor, as do majorities of Democrats (82%) and independents (67%). Overall, the poll finds that 65% would rather see a special prosecutor handle the investigation, while 32% think Congress is capable of handling it.

CNN/ORC poll: Most back special prosecutor for Russia investigation - CNNPolitics.com

As a Strict constructional federalist with libertarian leanings, many of my positions fall out of the Republican mainstream.

And you can spout any polls you want, but polls with questions as squishy as this one are about as reliable as a drunk on pay day.

The people who gave the Russians a good bit of crap all got away with doing it already. Nothing will happen to anyone who matters. Some aids some place will get fingered for screwing up and it will all be over until the next guy. It's pointless and expensive and the people working on this need to get the fuck to work . They have been fucking around for 16 years with apocalypse their investigations and gotten to the conclusion that they just don't be know. This is a political hit, nothing more. You want a special investigator? Get one on Hillary.

Hillary got an investigation,and a pretty thorough one. Trump should put up or shut up. He should either have Sessions charge her based on what's been uncovered or not.

The reason he won't... because if you take that to a Jury of 12 DC Residents, they are all going to look at you funny.

The people who didn't bother to come out for Trump's Inauguration will be the ones who will end up on that jury.

They just fired that guy. Next.

Even here, where the cultiest of the cultists come to worship his hairness...Mac's poll is overwhelming going for "Yes", we need a special prosecutor....

It's 10-8, as "Mango" counts more as a no than a yes.

I vote yes.
You seem to be operating under the assumption that your power structure gives a fuck about complaints, or "the people" at all.

I vote yes.

I vote it doesn't matter as anything done by either party will be dismissed by rabid partisan hacks on the opposite side. From President Barak Obama down to James Clapper said them selves there was no effective meddling by the Russians. None. No vote tampering nothing other then saying stuff. Best to get news guys back on real news like third world countries with H-bombs and shit. Political vendetta's are to expensive to toss around Willy nilly.

That's not what Clapper said. “I don’t know what they have" is not the same as "I've seen everything and they have nothing". Clapper didn't know the FBI was investigating.

Please show me vote tamper by Russia then. Or show where Clapper said they did anything but say bad unflattering things about Hillary. They can't and have said as mush from black Jesus on down to the guy who just got fired on twitter.

You commented in many Benghazi threads but didn't once mention the cost of the investigations. That's so weird for someone concerned with cost. :lol:
Yeah and? The fact that you're apparently befuddled by what those of us still in possession of our objectivity and reason do isn't something that I find surprising but thanks for sharing.

I love when partisan hacks call others partisan hacks.
It's nice that you have a hobby. :rolleyes:

At least I know I'm partisan.
Uh-huh it's not a secret to anybody that has read any of your posts that you're a remote-controlled, partisan lemming, the fact that you're aware of it and apparently aren't interested in correcting the situation just makes it more pathetic.

I vote yes.

I vote it doesn't matter as anything done by either party will be dismissed by rabid partisan hacks on the opposite side. From President Barak Obama down to James Clapper said them selves there was no effective meddling by the Russians. None. No vote tampering nothing other then saying stuff. Best to get news guys back on real news like third world countries with H-bombs and shit. Political vendetta's are to expensive to toss around Willy nilly.

That's not what Clapper said. “I don’t know what they have" is not the same as "I've seen everything and they have nothing". Clapper didn't know the FBI was investigating.

Please show me vote tamper by Russia then. Or show where Clapper said they did anything but say bad unflattering things about Hillary. They can't and have said as mush from black Jesus on down to the guy who just got fired on twitter.

Vote tampering is not the claim, Captain Non Sequitur. Clapper was unaware of the FBI investigation.

Last edited:

As a Strict constructional federalist with libertarian leanings, many of my positions fall out of the Republican mainstream.

And you can spout any polls you want, but polls with questions as squishy as this one are about as reliable as a drunk on pay day.

Yes,we know what you think you are....but from this side you're just another Trumpbot cultist not concerned that a foreign government interfered in our election, potentially with the help of people from one candidates campaign.
Who cares about that...as long as you get a conservative SC.

Forum List

Back