POLL: Should Trump appoint a Special Prosecutor?

Should Trump appoint a Special Prosecutor?

• Yes

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • Mango

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
This Comey firing and its aftermath aren't going away soon, and calls for a Special Prosecutor on the Russia probe will only get louder.

Should Trump step up, quell the complaints, and appoint an SP?

I vote yes.

Ok sure, it's not like the federal government has anything better to blow tax payer money on, fuck it lets get two, in case the first one royally screws up. :cool:

Personally I think he should appoint you Mac since you might be the only non-partisan citizen left in the USA.

"and then the prosecutor started prosecuting on me, he gave me the first, second and third degree" -- Cheech & Chong, Up In Smoke

And I'm sure you were concerned with the cost of the 11th Benghazi hearing, right?
Uh-Huh, if I had my way the federal budget would be less than the annual cost of running a 100 watt light bulb, so Congress Critters and the other varieties of dishonest, partisan dickweeds wouldn't be able to afford to "investigate" anything more complicated than where they left their car keys last night.

I didn't ask about the budget, I asked if you expressed your concern about the umpteenth hearing on Benghazi. If I searched your screen name and Benghazi, what would I find?

This Comey firing and its aftermath aren't going away soon, and calls for a Special Prosecutor on the Russia probe will only get louder.

I vote yes.

Ok sure, it's not like the federal government has anything better to blow tax payer money on, fuck it lets get two, in case the first one royally screws up. :cool:

Personally I think he should appoint you Mac since you might be the only non-partisan citizen left in the USA.

"and then the prosecutor started prosecuting on me, he gave me the first, second and third degree" -- Cheech & Chong, Up In Smoke
Oh, there are plenty people who aren't sucked in by transparent partisan ideology. The majority.

Part of this calculus is that, if they don't, it's going to look like "draining the swamp" is just a euphemism for "getting rid of anyone who challenges me", which most likely won't thrill a lot of Americans.

What I don't know is whether Trump & Co are into calculus. Not a lot of evidence of that so far.

You're talking about wasting money on optics; Comey got the axe because he pissed off both species of partisan pond scum and put himself in a position where he looked the fool.

Hiring an SP on an investigation that has thus far failed to produce any concrete evidence is nothing more than expensive window dressing for the pundit class to muse over for the next 6 months, personally I'm not interested in having (yet more) of my money wasted just so certain quarters can get a warm & fuzzy.

"Because your question searches for deep meaning, I shall explain in simple words." -- Dante Alighieri, Inferno
Yes, optics are important. If the Russians meddled in our elections, had contact with members of the President's group while they did so, may have had some kind of success on some level, and plan to keep doing it, I think that's pretty important. And yes, more important in the grand scheme of things that what happened at Benghazi.

If this were Hillary and the Chinese, the GOP would be ALL over it.

The only thing all this wasted time, effort and money has demonstrated so far is they had contact with Flynn who wasn't a campaign staffer and his stupid ass is already on the grill for it.

The rest of this "investigation" has so far been an expensive fishing expedition and has provided nothing more than fodder for the pundit class and our elected partisan lie machines to speculate about, if the behemoth in Washington actually comes up with something concrete that warrants expansion, then yeah go for it, otherwise it's high to move along to other more important priorities.

The only thing all this wasted time, effort and money has demonstrated so far is they had contact with Flynn who wasn't a campaign staffer and his stupid ass is already on the grill for it.

The rest of this "investigation" has so far been an expensive fishing expedition and has provided nothing more than fodder for the pundit class and our elected partisan lie machines to speculate about, if the behemoth in Washington actually comes up with something concrete that warrants expansion, then yeah go for it, otherwise it's high to move along to other more important priorities.

This is what right wing flop sweat looks like...

I vote yes.

Not until there is some specific charge contemplated beyond "THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING, OR ARE HERE, OR WERE HERE, OR HACKED MY SPOTFY AND MADE IT PLAY ONLY BARRY MANILOW AT THE BEHEST OF TRUMPENPUTIN!!!!

So you're really not concerned with Russia's attempts to meddle in our elections? I'm sure you'd be this unconcerned if it were Hillary the Russians tried to help, right?

In "Key Judgments," the report says, "We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the U.S. presidential election. Russia's goals were to undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump."

Report: Putin, Russia tried to help Trump by 'discrediting' Clinton
I'm sure the Saudi's did the same thing for Hillary.

And the point would be?

The US does this to other nations all the time to other nations, they have a record of doing it to Russia.

And the point would be?

Oh you're "sure" are you? There's ZERO evidence of that, while we actually have evidence of Russia meddling to hurt Hillary and help Trump.

For a hot minute, imagine Hillary is President and instead of Trump and Russia, all the current FACTS are applied to your Hillary fantasy. Would Republicans be calling for a special prosecutor? (More likely we'd have already had four or five special investigations)

I have mixed feelings on this.

The record of independent counsels after Watergate has been kind of sketchy.

Usually, they can't lay a glove on the primary focus of their investigations because too many people are just too willing to fall on their swords. And after failing to prove their prima fascia case, they often go after the bit players for petty things, or get distracted on non-issues.

Lawrence Walsh couldn't lay a glove on Reagan for Iran-Contra, and Congress gave a blanket immunity to Ollie North hoping he'd break bad on Reagan (which he didn't). So we ended up with the travesty of indicting Cap Weinberger, who opposed the whole idiotic scheme, for perjury. His Perjury, he said he didn't keep a diary to Congress, but he did keep meeting notes.

Ken Starr couldn't prove the Clintons were anything but victims in Whitewater, and his flailing around with FBI files, travel office firings and poor Vince Foster's suicide equally proved no wrongdoing, so he went after Clinton for lying about a blow job.

Peter Fitzgerald couldn't prove George Bush outed Valerie Plame (in fact, the people who outed here were as against the war as she and her husband were). So we ended up indicting Scooter Libby for not remembering a conversation the same way Tim Russert did.

On the other hand. This is Trump. He probably deserves this kind of misery and doesn't have the finese of a Clinton or Reagan, so an IC would probably trigger him to do just enough stupid things to get himself impeached.

Everything and everyone in D.C. are just to entertw

I vote yes.

Oh, there are plenty people who aren't sucked in by transparent partisan ideology. The majority.

Part of this calculus is that, if they don't, it's going to look like "draining the swamp" is just a euphemism for "getting rid of anyone who challenges me", which most likely won't thrill a lot of Americans.

What I don't know is whether Trump & Co are into calculus. Not a lot of evidence of that so far.

You're talking about wasting money on optics; Comey got the axe because he pissed off both species of partisan pond scum and put himself in a position where he looked the fool.

Hiring an SP on an investigation that has thus far failed to produce any concrete evidence is nothing more than expensive window dressing for the pundit class to muse over for the next 6 months, personally I'm not interested in having (yet more) of my money wasted just so certain quarters can get a warm & fuzzy.

"Because your question searches for deep meaning, I shall explain in simple words." -- Dante Alighieri, Inferno
Yes, optics are important. If the Russians meddled in our elections, had contact with members of the President's group while they did so, may have had some kind of success on some level, and plan to keep doing it, I think that's pretty important. And yes, more important in the grand scheme of things that what happened at Benghazi.

If this were Hillary and the Chinese, the GOP would be ALL over it.

Yes, get to more important priorities like if Trump is in Russia's pocket with business dealings and how many of his staff and Session's are as crooked as Nixon. If you want Hillary have at it. Those are the most important things at the moment. If you really want someone running your country that has deep ties to Russia then perhaps you should just move there.

I vote yes.
I vote no. The point of demanding a special prosecutor is to make the administration look guilty and to use a prosecutor that can be bought.

Democrats have been demanding a special prosecutor since before Trump took the oath.

Giving them anything they want is dangerous if not insane.
Before Trump took the oath? Don't you mean Obama. Who was it said they would, and I'm paraphrasing here, rather see the country suffer and even be destroyed if it kept Obama from being elected for a second term?
Trump has already lost millions from his Trump University Scam.
And he is still under criminal investigation for his unlicensed and uncertified and illegal "charity" foundation he hasn't given to in a decade and used the money to pay off lawsuits, buy stuff for the family and pay bribes.

In fact, he was even given a letter that forbid him from using illegal charity money to pay off his fine for his university scam. How much more corrupt can you be?

When every reporter, news media outlet, the House investigators, the Senate investigators, the FBI and because of some foreign connections, the CIA, were going after Hillary and finding nothing, a single reporter took down the Trump Foundation and won the Pulitzer Prize for reporting.
Okay, how bout a link to this imaginary investigation and prove your point.
Do your homework and prove your point.

Oh, and Comey found plenty on Hillary, although he didn't really look at everything he had. Comey made a public statement about the case, which is highly unethical if not against regulations. He laid out the case of espionage and mishandling of classified information and yet declined to recommend an indictment. Part of the reason was that the Attorney General had said that she had no intention of prosecuting Hillary for anything after meeting Bill Clinton on the tarmac in her jet.

REVEALED: FBI Found Email That Lynch Would Do Everything She Could to Protect Hillary from CRIMINAL CHARGES

Comey says Lynch/Clinton meeting was big problem

Last edited:

I vote yes.

Not until there is some specific charge contemplated beyond "THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING, OR ARE HERE, OR WERE HERE, OR HACKED MY SPOTFY AND MADE IT PLAY ONLY BARRY MANILOW AT THE BEHEST OF TRUMPENPUTIN!!!!

So you're really not concerned with Russia's attempts to meddle in our elections? I'm sure you'd be this unconcerned if it were Hillary the Russians tried to help, right?

In "Key Judgments," the report says, "We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the U.S. presidential election. Russia's goals were to undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump."

My main concern is for the mental health of sudden "The Russians are coming" nutjobs like you.

I vote yes.

And I'm sure you were concerned with the cost of the 11th Benghazi hearing, right?
Uh-Huh, if I had my way the federal budget would be less than the annual cost of running a 100 watt light bulb, so Congress Critters and the other varieties of dishonest, partisan dickweeds wouldn't be able to afford to "investigate" anything more complicated than where they left their car keys last night.

I didn't ask about the budget, I asked if you expressed your concern about the umpteenth hearing on Benghazi.
You asked if I was concerned about the COST of that dog & puppet show and I told you exactly what my perspective is regarding the costs of all this sort of Washingtonian nonsense and exactly what I do about it if I had my way, got any other non-sequitur bullshit you want to throw into the mix?

If I searched your screen name and Benghazi, what would I find?
Knock yourself out princess.

Okay, how bout a link to this imaginary investigation and prove your point. To your homework and prove your point.

Oh, and Comey found plenty on Hillary, although he didn't really look at everything he had. Comey made a public statement about the case, which is highly unethical if not against regulations. He laid out the case of espionage and mishandling of classified information and yet declined to recommend an indictment. Part of the reason was that the Attorney General had said that she had no intention of prosecuting Hillary for anything after meeting Bill Clinton on the tarmac in her jet.

Well, that and she did nothing that as actually wrong and there was no way a DC Jury would indict much less convict her.

Here's the thing you guys forget. if this ever went in front of a grand jury, it would be a grand jury of Democrats in DC... all of whom would have saw this as the bullshit it was.

It's why Ken Starr never got a grand jury to indict Bill Clinton... those folks know bullshit when they hear it.

No it's what disdain and contempt looks like, hack.

Come on, buddy, you all stepped in it. You knew this is the kind of president Trump would be and you all got behind him anyway.

Own it. Enjoy it.

I'm enjoying his SC pick, and his upcoming lower court picks.

I'm enjoying his removing of some of Obama's more senseless EC's

I'm enjoying his removal of several regulations from the Obama era.

Mostly I'm enjoying the meltdown the left is having over it. He's living rent free in your small useless heads.

I vote yes.

My main concern is for the mental health of sudden "The Russians are coming" nutjobs like you.

The Russians aren't "coming", you good little Republican, they came. They interfered, successfully, in our election and we KNOW they did it to hurt Hillary and help Trump. Most Americans think there should be a special prosecutor, Republicans being the exception to that majority.

I vote yes.

I vote it doesn't matter as anything done by either party will be dismissed by rabid partisan hacks on the opposite side. From President Barak Obama down to James Clapper said them selves there was no effective meddling by the Russians. None. No vote tampering nothing other then saying stuff. Best to get news guys back on real news like third world countries with H-bombs and shit. Political vendetta's are to expensive to toss around Willy nilly.

I vote yes.

I vote it doesn't matter as anything done by either party will be dismissed by rabid partisan hacks on the opposite side. From President Barak Obama down to James Clapper said them selves there was no effective meddling by the Russians. None. No vote tampering nothing other then saying stuff. Best to get news guys back on real news like third world countries with H-bombs and shit. Political vendetta's are to expensive to toss around Willy nilly.
No doubt that anything even remotely attached to politics is now stained by our political environment. Stipulated. The best I can hope for is some measure of solid, actionable evidence along the way. If the Russians are having any real success with their meddling, I think that's pretty important to know.

Whether people hang politically for it, I don't care.

I vote yes.

I didn't ask about the budget, I asked if you expressed your concern about the umpteenth hearing on Benghazi.
You asked if I was concerned about the COST of that dog & puppet show and I told you exactly what my perspective is regarding the costs of all this sort of Washingtonian nonsense and exactly what I do about it if I had my way, got any other non-sequitur bullshit you want to throw into the mix?

If I searched your screen name and Benghazi, what would I find?
Knock yourself out princess.

Okay...And look, lots of comments about Hillary, nothing about cost. How weird...

After More Than 3 Years And Intense Questioning Of Hillary Benghazi Is Alive And Well

Barack Benghazi Obama: Let’s make “Benghazi” his middle name and let’s make it stick.

Benghazi Hero’s Dad Reveals Bombshell Document That Could PROVE Hillary Lied [VIDEO]

I vote yes.

No doubt that anything even remotely attached to politics is now stained by our political environment. Stipulated. The best I can hope for is some measure of solid, actionable evidence along the way. If the Russians are having any real success with their meddling, I think that's pretty important to know.

Whether people hang politically for it, I don't care.

The people who gave the Russians a good bit of crap all got away with doing it already. Nothing will happen to anyone who matters. Some aids some place will get fingered for screwing up and it will all be over until the next guy. It's pointless and expensive and the people working on this need to get the fuck to work . They have been fucking around for 16 years with apocalypse their investigations and gotten to the conclusion that they just don't be know. This is a political hit, nothing more. You want a special investigator? Get one on Hillary.

I vote yes.

The Russians aren't "coming", you good little Republican, they came. They interfered, successfully, in our election and we KNOW they did it to hurt Hillary and help Trump. Most Americans think there should be a special prosecutor, Republicans being the exception to that majority.
you only know what you have HEARD.

I vote yes.

That's not what Clapper said. “I don’t know what they have" is not the same as "I've seen everything and they have nothing". Clapper didn't know the FBI was investigating.

Forum List

Back