Poll: Voters think preventing gun violence is more important than protecting gun rights

Too bad removing gun rights won't prevent gun violence.

Poll: Voters think preventing gun violence is more important than protecting gun rights

A majority of voters in a new poll thinks it is more important to prevent gun violence than to protect gun rights.
Right’s can’t be ‘removed’ – our rights are inalienable, they can be neither taken or bestowed by any government, constitution, or man.

Rights can be limited consistent with Constitutional case law; laws repugnant to the Constitution are invalidated by the courts.

The United States is a Constitutional Republic, its citizens subject solely to the rule of law, not men – as men are incapable of ruling justly.

Consequently, citizens’ rights are not subject to ‘majority rule,’ who will or will not have his rights is not determined by the ‘will of the people.’

State laws seeking to compel a woman to give birth against her will are struck down by the courts because they’re un-Constitutional – regardless whether a majority of the people support such a law.

State laws seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law are struck down by the courts because they’re un-Constitutional – regardless whether a majority of the people support such a law.

State laws seeking to deny legal immigrants access to a state’s Medicaid program are struck down by the courts because they’re un-Constitutional – regardless whether a majority of the people support such a law.

And state laws seeking to ban handguns are struck down by the courts because they’re un-Constitutional – regardless whether a majority of the people support such a law.

The people are at liberty to seek to enact measures with the intent of ending gun violence, provided those measures are consistent with Second Amendment jurisprudence, regardless what the majority of the people might think, believe, or feel.

Polls are simply a refelction of the moment and at the moment emotions on the issue are running very high on the anti gun crowd and they are getting a lot of media attention right now so of course the polls will favor them. I suspect in a month or so when emotions have cooled and the media is not given them 24/7 coverage the polls will look different.

conscription in Israel age 18 serve 2 years, 8 months for men, 2 years for women
Israel Defense Forces
Fit for military service 1,499,998 males, age 17–49 (2016 est.), 1,392,319 females, age 17–49 (2016 est.)
Reaching military age annually 60,000 males (2016 est.), 60,000 females (2016 est.)
Active personnel 176,500 (ranked 34th)
Reserve personnel 445,000
So, yes you are correct, there are not 2. million running around, but over 600,000 + over 300,000 civilian + 27,000 law enforcement.

Close to a million with a population of 8 million.
Yeah, except Israel has 2 million legal firearms running around daily, and that’s with a population of 8 million people..
So, you admit illegal guns are the problem, NOT legal guns.
They are a city. Anyone can easily drive into Chicago with an illegal gun. Also their laws aren't all that strict, they do have concealed carry after all.
As should be obvious, lots of legal guns guarantees lots of illegal guns.
You think they have 2 million active military members? You can't be this stupid....
Only Active personnel carry guns.... And again, they have very low private ownership.

Ethnicity 2001 census 2006 census 2013 census
Number
% Number % Number %
European
2,871,432 80.1 2,609,589 67.6 2,969,391 74.0
New Zealand European 2,696,724 75.2 2,381,076 61.7 2,727,009 68.0
English 35,082 1.0 44,202 1.1 38,916 1.0
British 16,572 0.5 27,192 0.7 36,024 0.9
South African 14,913 0.4 21,609 0.6 28,656 0.7
Dutch 27,507 0.8 28,644 0.7 28,503 0.7
European (not further defined) 23,598 0.7 21,855 0.6 26,472 0.7
Australian 20,784 0.6 26,355 0.7 22,467 0.6
Māori 526,281 14.7 565,329 14.6 598,605 14.9
Pacific Peoples
231,798 6.5 265,974 6.9 295,941 7.4
Samoan 115,017 3.2 131,103 3.4 144,138 3.6
Cook Islands Māori 51,486 1.4 56,895 1.5 61,077 1.5
Tongan 40,716 1.1 50,481 1.3 60,333 1.5
Niuean 20,148 0.6 22,476 0.6 23,883 0.6
Asian 238,179 6.6 354,552 9.2 471,708 11.8
Chinese 100,680 2.8 139,731 3.6 163,101 4.1
Indian 60,213 1.7 97,443 2.5 143,520 3.6
Filipino 11,091 0.3 16,938 0.4 40,350 1.0
Korean 19,026 0.5 30,792 0.8 30,171 0.8
Middle Eastern/Latin American/African 24,084 0.7 34,743 0.9 46,953 1.2
Other
801 <0.1 430,881 11.2 67,752 1.7
New Zealander N/A 429,429 11.1 65,973 1.6
Total people stated 3,586,644 3,860,163 4,011,399
Not elsewhere included 150,702 4.0 167,784 4.2 230,646 5.4

You can't compare a mostly or all white country with ours.
NZ has less whites than the US. Usual gun nutter weak bullshit excuses is what we've come to expect, thankfully we're not disappointed once again.

Polls are simply a refelction of the moment and at the moment emotions on the issue are running very high on the anti gun crowd and they are getting a lot of media attention right now so of course the polls will favor them. I suspect in a month or so when emotions have cooled and the media is not given them 24/7 coverage the polls will look different.
Sadly we have mass shootings quite regularly here. It seems we are constantly in a state of that moment.

Look, gun policy.org says 330,000.
I am not going to argue with you over this. The point is there are guns on every street corner in Israel. Israel is not much larger than New Jersey, but there are guns on just about every street, whether military, private security, law enforcement, or civilian. It is a militarized society. It has to be. Those across the way want them dead.
conscription in Israel age 18 serve 2 years, 8 months for men, 2 years for women
Israel Defense Forces
Fit for military service 1,499,998 males, age 17–49 (2016 est.), 1,392,319 females, age 17–49 (2016 est.)
Reaching military age annually 60,000 males (2016 est.), 60,000 females (2016 est.)
So, yes you are correct, there are not 2. million running around, but over 600,000 + over 300,000 civilian + 27,000 law enforcement.

Yeah, except Israel has 2 million legal firearms running around daily, and that’s with a population of 8 million people..
So, you admit illegal guns are the problem, NOT legal guns.
You think they have 2 million active military members? You can't be this stupid....
Only Active personnel carry guns.... And again, they have very low private ownership.

Why all the funnies brain?
Sadly we have mass shootings quite regularly here. It seems we are constantly in a state of that moment.

I am not going to argue with you over this. The point is there are guns on every street corner in Israel. Israel is not much larger than New Jersey, but there are guns on just about every street, whether military, private security, law enforcement, or civilian. It is a militarized society. It has to be. Those across the way want them dead.
Israel Defense Forces

Your link says this:
The number of licensed gun owners in Israel is reported to be

2012: 163,274

That is gun owners, carry is very heavily restricted. We are talking about 200,000, or about 10% of your initial claim. And active military carrying is quite recent. Previously they did not and they still had much lower homicide rates than us.

Because most of what you say is very funny. Like 2 million people running around Israel with guns.

NZ has less whites than the US. Usual gun nutter weak bullshit excuses is what we've come to expect, thankfully we're not disappointed once again.
Israel has a high population of Arabs and they still have a much lower homicide rate than ours with their strong gun control.
What does mass shootings have to do with anything. If some nut kills 15 people at a mall, or several kill 15 people in Chicago on a holiday weekend, what's the difference? 15 people are shot dead in each case.
Well for one in the case of school shootings the dead are innocent school children. In the case of the Chicago shootings its mostly a bunch of gang bangers. You can't see the difference?

A difference on who died, of course. But the subject was what's the difference when it comes to how the killing took place. You do know that many people who get shot in those gang killings are innocent people too. And yes, children involved as well.
Sure, lots and lots of people get shot when we have lots of guns. Much fewer get shot when there is strong gun control. Look at Israel. Practically in a war zone and they still have a much lower homicide rate than us. And they also have much stricter gun laws. They have quite a large minority population too.

So what you are saying is that Chicago has lax gun control laws?
They are a city. Anyone can easily drive into Chicago with an illegal gun. Also their laws aren't all that strict, they do have concealed carry after all.

Yes, it was ordered that they start that program by the courts.

CC is great as long as you have laws that back you up. If they don't, then you are only asking for trouble defending yourself.

For instance in my state of Ohio, our laws are very favorable to CC holders. They give us carriers all the benefit of the doubt. However, if I carried my gun in a place like New York, I would be scared to use it since the laws there are geared for the criminal and not the victim.

I don't know what the laws are in Ill, but I would be willing to guess they are like all the other anti-gun states who were forced to allow their citizens to carry guns. According to what I could find, they rank 8th in the most strict:

top10states.jpg

Quit being obtuse. You know I told you I got the gun figure from what is known to be a more reliable source.
ob·tuse
əbˈt(y)o͞os,äbˈt(y)o͞os/
adjective
  1. 1.
    annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
    "he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"
    synonyms: stupid, slow-witted, slow, dull-witted, unintelligent, ignorant, simpleminded, witless

But the article was correct on school security. Now I am done with this portion of the subject.

Israel Defense Forces

Your link says this:

That is gun owners, carry is very heavily restricted. We are talking about 200,000, or about 10% of your initial claim. And active military carrying is quite recent. Previously they did not and they still had much lower homicide rates than us.

Israel has a high population of Arabs and they still have a much lower homicide rate than ours with their strong gun control.
Well for one in the case of school shootings the dead are innocent school children. In the case of the Chicago shootings its mostly a bunch of gang bangers. You can't see the difference?

A difference on who died, of course. But the subject was what's the difference when it comes to how the killing took place. You do know that many people who get shot in those gang killings are innocent people too. And yes, children involved as well.
Sure, lots and lots of people get shot when we have lots of guns. Much fewer get shot when there is strong gun control. Look at Israel. Practically in a war zone and they still have a much lower homicide rate than us. And they also have much stricter gun laws. They have quite a large minority population too.

CC is great as long as you have laws that back you up. If they don't, then you are only asking for trouble defending yourself.

For instance in my state of Ohio, our laws are very favorable to CC holders. They give us carriers all the benefit of the doubt. However, if I carried my gun in a place like New York, I would be scared to use it since the laws there are geared for the criminal and not the victim.

I don't know what the laws are in Ill, but I would be willing to guess they are like all the other anti-gun states who were forced to allow their citizens to carry guns. According to what I could find, they rank 8th in the most strict:

View attachment 184695
Your murder rates seems to be going up...

Honey, I corrected that number and you call that funny. Rather than concentrate on the fact Israel is militarized you wish to play games and troll. Have fun.
Because most of what you say is very funny. Like 2 million people running around Israel with guns.

Quit being obtuse. You know I told you I got the gun figure from what is known to be a more reliable source.
ob·tuse
əbˈt(y)o͞os,äbˈt(y)o͞os/
adjective
  1. 1.
    annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
    "he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"
    synonyms: stupid, slow-witted, slow, dull-witted, unintelligent, ignorant, simpleminded, witless

But the article was correct on school security. Now I am done with this portion of the subject.

Israel Defense Forces

Your link says this:

There is no source claiming there are 2 million armed people on the streets of Israel...

Honey, I corrected that number and you call that funny. Rather than concentrate on the fact Israel is militarized you wish to play games and troll. Have fun.
Again, Israel has strict gun control. Until recently active military didn't carry. And before they started carrying they still had much lower homicide rates than us. And that is with a high population of Arabs that republicans keep warning us about.

Too bad removing gun rights won't prevent gun violence.

A majority of voters in a new poll thinks it is more important to prevent gun violence than to protect gun rights.

Don't worry about it.

1- The pollsters are the same stupid fucks who predicted that Hillary was going to win by a Landslide;

2- Constitutional rights are not subject to majority will

3- If we are not allowed to buy firearms and ammunitions in the free market then we will buy them is the blackmarket just like "drug" users do

What do you not understand? They are militarized and only the size of New Jersey. Unless you wish to implement militarization here..
Those Arabs have gone through the most thorough security checks anyone could imagine. They are not the ones wanting to kill them. And they an an intelligence agency like no other.
Again, Israel has strict gun control. Until recently active military didn't carry. And before they started carrying they still had much lower homicide rates than us. And that is with a high population of Arabs that republicans keep warning us about.

View attachment 184695
Your murder rates seems to be going up...

Actually our murder rates began to drop after we started the CCW program. Like the rest of the country, we suffered from the Ferguson Effect before they began to go up again.

Forum List

Back