Poll: Voters think preventing gun violence is more important than protecting gun rights

What do you not understand? They are militarized and only the size of New Jersey. Unless you wish to implement militarization here...
Honey, I corrected that number and you call that funny. Rather than concentrate on the fact Israel is militarized you wish to play games and troll. Have fun.
Why all the funnies brain?
Sadly we have mass shootings quite regularly here. It seems we are constantly in a state of that moment.
Because most of what you say is very funny. Like 2 million people running around Israel with guns.
Again, Israel has strict gun control. Until recently active military didn't carry. And before they started carrying they still had much lower homicide rates than us. And that is with a high population of Arabs that republicans keep warning us about.
What don't you understand? Until recently they were not militarized and still had a much lower homicide rate than us. They have strict gun control!

Israel has a high population of Arabs and they still have a much lower homicide rate than ours with their strong gun control.
Sure, lots and lots of people get shot when we have lots of guns. Much fewer get shot when there is strong gun control. Look at Israel. Practically in a war zone and they still have a much lower homicide rate than us. And they also have much stricter gun laws. They have quite a large minority population too.

So what you are saying is that Chicago has lax gun control laws?
They are a city. Anyone can easily drive into Chicago with an illegal gun. Also their laws aren't all that strict, they do have concealed carry after all.

Yes, it was ordered that they start that program by the courts.

CC is great as long as you have laws that back you up. If they don't, then you are only asking for trouble defending yourself.

For instance in my state of Ohio, our laws are very favorable to CC holders. They give us carriers all the benefit of the doubt. However, if I carried my gun in a place like New York, I would be scared to use it since the laws there are geared for the criminal and not the victim.

I don't know what the laws are in Ill, but I would be willing to guess they are like all the other anti-gun states who were forced to allow their citizens to carry guns. According to what I could find, they rank 8th in the most strict:

View attachment 184695
Your murder rates seems to be going up...

Actually our murder rates began to drop after we started the CCW program. Like the rest of the country, we suffered from the Ferguson Effect before they began to go up again.
When did you get it? I have followed WI and IL and since they got it violent crime has only increased.

They were militarized, even if off duty didn’t carry! Geese!
What do you not understand? They are militarized and only the size of New Jersey. Unless you wish to implement militarization here...
Honey, I corrected that number and you call that funny. Rather than concentrate on the fact Israel is militarized you wish to play games and troll. Have fun.
Why all the funnies brain?
Because most of what you say is very funny. Like 2 million people running around Israel with guns.
Again, Israel has strict gun control. Until recently active military didn't carry. And before they started carrying they still had much lower homicide rates than us. And that is with a high population of Arabs that republicans keep warning us about.
What don't you understand? Until recently they were not militarized and still had a much lower homicide rate than us. They have strict gun control!

I don’t know where you got your number but it’s wrong-

By criminals. If they can’t get them from stealing them then they will get them from other sources.
Maybe start raising hell about the firearms black market, we might get somewhere. Only 3% of legal guns were used last year to commit murder. The other 97% of legal gun owners never committed any crime. And the other 97% of murders were with illegally held guns.
There was an armed deputy. The fact he did nothing shows he shouldn’t have been assigned there.
The school district failed multiple times, Broward sheriffs office failed multiple times, Dfs failed, mental health worker failed, fbi failed twice, then a third time with the nics system.
And even if all those failures hadn’t happened and he was still on the streets, if he had the desire, he would have found a way. All he had to do was go to the nearest drug neighborhood and state he was willing to pay for a gun and would have gotten them. And he could have gone to Best Buy, bought components, Home Depot for shrapnel, and fertilizer and put together a bomb.
Yes it is very easy to get guns here, far too easy. The good thing is if they try to buy a gun illegally they can be caught before anyone dies.
Milwaukee man accused of plotting machine gun attack at Masonic center still in jail
Lots of legal guns guarantees lots of illegal guns:
Up to 600,000 guns are stolen every year in the US – that's one every minute
There are few shootings in countries with strong gun control.
Liar, Russia Brazil Mexico South Africa all come to mind.

By criminals. If they can’t get them from stealing them then they will get them from other sources.
Maybe start raising hell about the firearms black market, we might get somewhere. Only 3% of legal guns were used last year to commit murder. The other 97% of legal gun owners never committed any crime. And the other 97% of murders were with illegally held guns.
Yes it is very easy to get guns here, far too easy. The good thing is if they try to buy a gun illegally they can be caught before anyone dies.
Milwaukee man accused of plotting machine gun attack at Masonic center still in jail
So countries that are not economically or politically stable and in no position to enforce gun control? Go figure.

But plenty of stabbings. Their violent crime rates are increasing while ours are falling.

Ours are increasing:
FBI: Violent crime increases for second straight year

They also have much lower homicide rates with strong gun control.
Wrong again numerous countries with absolute Bans have higher rates then us.

They were militarized, even if off duty didn’t carry! Geese!
They have strict gun control.

But plenty of stabbings. Their violent crime rates are increasing while ours are falling.

Ours are increasing:
FBI: Violent crime increases for second straight year

They also have much lower homicide rates with strong gun control.
Wrong again numerous countries with absolute Bans have higher rates then us.
And those third world countries are?

So countries that are not economically or politically stable and in no position to enforce gun control? Go figure.
So when called on your bull shit you change the goal post I see. Remind me how France has an absolute ban but has the worst mass killing of any nation?

You can't compare a mostly or all white country with ours.
NZ has less whites than the US. Usual gun nutter weak bullshit excuses is what we've come to expect, thankfully we're not disappointed once again.
Israel has a high population of Arabs and they still have a much lower homicide rate than ours with their strong gun control.
Well for one in the case of school shootings the dead are innocent school children. In the case of the Chicago shootings its mostly a bunch of gang bangers. You can't see the difference?

A difference on who died, of course. But the subject was what's the difference when it comes to how the killing took place. You do know that many people who get shot in those gang killings are innocent people too. And yes, children involved as well.
Sure, lots and lots of people get shot when we have lots of guns. Much fewer get shot when there is strong gun control. Look at Israel. Practically in a war zone and they still have a much lower homicide rate than us. And they also have much stricter gun laws. They have quite a large minority population too.

They are a city. Anyone can easily drive into Chicago with an illegal gun. Also their laws aren't all that strict, they do have concealed carry after all.

CC is great as long as you have laws that back you up. If they don't, then you are only asking for trouble defending yourself.

For instance in my state of Ohio, our laws are very favorable to CC holders. They give us carriers all the benefit of the doubt. However, if I carried my gun in a place like New York, I would be scared to use it since the laws there are geared for the criminal and not the victim.

I don't know what the laws are in Ill, but I would be willing to guess they are like all the other anti-gun states who were forced to allow their citizens to carry guns. According to what I could find, they rank 8th in the most strict:

View attachment 184695
It looks like your big drops in crime came long before you had concealed carry. And after it went up before it went down, and now it went up again...

So when called on your bull shit you change the goal post I see. Remind me how France has an absolute ban but has the worst mass killing of any nation?
Yes I put honest goal posts in, sorry that is a problem for you. You want to compare us to third world countries that can't do anything right? France has a worse mass killing than 9/11?

Yes I put honest goal posts in, sorry that is a problem for you. You want to compare us to third world countries that can't do anything right? France has a worse mass killing than 9/11?
Russia is not a third world country and neither is France or Belgium where it is illegal to own any firearm but they both have mass shootings when ever Jihadists decide to act up.

Russia is not a third world country and neither is France or Belgium where it is illegal to own any firearm but they both have mass shootings when ever Jihadists decide to act up.
Ok well when was the last mass shooting in Russia? France? Belgium? We have them quite regularly here.

NZ has less whites than the US. Usual gun nutter weak bullshit excuses is what we've come to expect, thankfully we're not disappointed once again.
A difference on who died, of course. But the subject was what's the difference when it comes to how the killing took place. You do know that many people who get shot in those gang killings are innocent people too. And yes, children involved as well.

View attachment 184695
It looks like your big drops in crime came long before you had concealed carry. And after it went up before it went down, and now it went up again...

So there you go. More guns and the adoption of the CCW program did not make murders go up.

You can't compare a mostly or all white country with ours.
Well for one in the case of school shootings the dead are innocent school children. In the case of the Chicago shootings its mostly a bunch of gang bangers. You can't see the difference?

View attachment 184695
Looking at your crime numbers more it looks like the real big drops came after about 1994 when we got background checks and gun control. And then with concealed carry it went up and then down a little and then back up....

Too bad removing gun rights won't prevent gun violence.

Poll: Voters think preventing gun violence is more important than protecting gun rights

A majority of voters in a new poll thinks it is more important to prevent gun violence than to protect gun rights.

Exactly, and it's a trick question, really a dirty deed. I'd expect nothing short from today's screwball left. For one thing they're mutually exclusive, though they propose them as mutually dependent. It's geared toward liberals. They see the word violence and respond with a knee jerk.

View attachment 184695
Looking at your crime numbers more it looks like the real big drops came after about 1994 when we got background checks and gun control. And then with concealed carry it went up and then down a little and then back up....

But look how it was going down before Ferguson. Remember that when a program like CCW comes out, not everybody rushes to get it. It took me about four years before I got mine, and I'm a gun advocate.

The first several years, classes were backed up almost two weeks. I was fortunate enough to have a friend who's son was licensed to teach the class, so I got some guys together and had the class at my apartment.

In 2016 and 2017 we just began to have record amounts of people getting CCW's. In 2015, more women were applying than men.

But no matter how you slice it or dice it, more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens does not increase crime or murder rates.

View attachment 184695

But look how it was going down before Ferguson. Remember that when a program like CCW comes out, not everybody rushes to get it. It took me about four years before I got mine, and I'm a gun advocate.

The first several years, classes were backed up almost two weeks. I was fortunate enough to have a friend who's son was licensed to teach the class, so I got some guys together and had the class at my apartment.

In 2016 and 2017 we just began to have record amounts of people getting CCW's. In 2015, more women were applying than men.

But no matter how you slice it or dice it, more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens does not increase crime or murder rates.
Yes it does actually. And 2016 wasn't a good year for your crime rates with CCW at it's highest. Same goes for the country. And WI crime has increased every year since getting carry. More carry means more armed criminals. Would you be an unarmed criminal where there are lots of armed people? Of course not, your are creating a huge incentive to for criminals to be armed. And carry increases the number of guns stolen as idiots leave them in cars. More legal guns guarantees more illegal guns. More illegal guns means more people shot including police. Which means more police shooting people. And then crime goes up from too many guns, the Ferguson effect.

Forum List

Back