Pope allows priests to forgive women who have abortions

It's always been there is one unforgivable sin, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit".

This isn't news

Yes it is, because it's been moved from being forgiven by a bishop (which requires time, getting an appointment, and very possible long distance travel), to being forgiven by a priest (much more accessible at your local church).

Yeah like I'm buying what you're selling. Hint, moron I'm a Catholic. Any sin but blasphemy against the holy spirit is forgivable. That's like Catholic 101, hell our youngest is in the middle of confirmation classes and she can tell you that.
Just curious...can you ask God for forgiveness in your home or do you have to go to Confession?

Some Catholics adhere sin must be forgiven through confession with a priest and some do not. I go to confession but I also ask God for forgiveness w/o the "middle man"
Thank you for your input.

It's always been there is one unforgivable sin, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit".

This isn't news

Yes it is, because it's been moved from being forgiven by a bishop (which requires time, getting an appointment, and very possible long distance travel), to being forgiven by a priest (much more accessible at your local church).

Yeah like I'm buying what you're selling. Hint, moron I'm a Catholic. Any sin but blasphemy against the holy spirit is forgivable. That's like Catholic 101, hell our youngest is in the middle of confirmation classes and she can tell you that.

Never said that it was unforgivable you dumb bitch, I was simply noting that the Catholics have reduced it from being a sin that had to be forgiven by a Bishop down to one that can be forgiven by a Priest. Learn to read.

This isn't news

Just curious...can you ask God for forgiveness in your home or do you have to go to Confession?

Some Catholics adhere sin must be forgiven through confession with a priest and some do not. I go to confession but I also ask God for forgiveness w/o the "middle man"

You're welcome but this isn't "earth shattering news" and the left is playing it up like abortion isn't "that bad of a sin"...it's a very grave sin, very grave

This isn't news

Never said that it was unforgivable you dumb bitch, I was simply noting that the Catholics have reduced it from being a sin that had to be forgiven by a Bishop down to one that can be forgiven by a Priest. Learn to read.

I'm not listening to your middle school rants. A note to all you loons, grow up with that garbage when someone dares to disagree with you. In other words man up and cease acting like a sissified leftist...and yes you do act like a sissified leftist

I feel compelled to share a story with you. Hope you don't mind. I was disabled several years ago and could not teach any longer. My son asked me to come to his state and be close. But, I had so many good friends in Ohio and wasn't sure what to do. The thought f selling my home by myself was overwhelming. I prayed for guidance.

A few weeks later, I was in Kinkos and the young couple in front of my in line wanted to have some pamphlets bound for the college class they were attending. The clerk said it would cost $100. The young man said he didn't have the money.

I intervened and told the couple I could bind them for them and I didn't live far away. They followed me home and I bound them. They loved my house, and I quipped it might be up for sale in the next year, I wasn't sure. They came over a few days later and asked to buy my house, wait until I had surgeries and a recuperation period. I was dumbfounded. This couple who didn't have $100, found the loan and waited patiently for me to recover. That was my sign from God. I was on my way!

You're welcome but this isn't "earth shattering news" and the left is playing it up like abortion isn't "that bad of a sin"...it's a very grave sin, very grave
I think it is a horrible sin myself. But this is between God and them. I was pregnant before I was married, but NEVER thought of losing that baby to abortion.

I think it is a horrible sin myself. But this is between God and them. I was pregnant before I was married, but NEVER thought of losing that baby to abortion.

It is a horrible sin....but I'll never agree it's between God and them, to me that is turning a blind eye to murder.

Our outreach works with unwed mothers and we try to steer them towards adoption if they have truly made up their minds they don't want the child. We've saved a number of babies :)

It is a horrible sin....but I'll never agree it's between God and them, to me that is turning a blind eye to murder.

Our outreach works with unwed mothers and we try to steer them towards adoption if they have truly made up their minds they don't want the child. We've saved a number of babies :)
I commend you on that endeavor...just think of the lives you've saved and the grateful parents who received that child! Blessings to you!

I commend you on that endeavor...just think of the lives you've saved and the grateful parents who received that child! Blessings to you!

There is a video out there and it shows what happens to the baby during the abortion procedure....it's a game changer.

Confession is a Catholic construct meant to make priests seem more powerful to the sheep.

Can anyone show me where a priest's absolution of sin ever actually resulted in a stone cold sinner living his eternity in paradise?

save.png

There is a video out there and it shows what happens to the baby during the abortion procedure....it's a game changer.
You're right. I have seen it and even posted it. It should be a wake up call for any woman who thinks she can do anything "with her body!"

Confession is a Catholic construct meant to make priests seem more powerful to the sheep.

Can anyone show me where a priest's absolution of sin ever actually resulted in a stone cold sinner living his eternity in paradise?
Sometimes I feel the priest is irrelevant except for consultation. When I am not sure what the Bible says in regard to something I am personally dealing with, I may consult a pastor and have in the past. But me talking with God is the final word on a matter.

The priest is not irrelevant. A good confession is very good for the psyche and the soul, and a good priest can give you good direction to avoid sin in the future. Sinners don't have to be alone, and they can learn that in the big scheme of things, sins that overwhelm and baffle them aren't nearly as bad as they think they are. Priests have heard every sin in the book, and they have lots of experience because of this. They can assure you that things aren't nearly as bad as you think they are. After confession, I almost always feel good about myself.

The priest is not irrelevant. A good confession is very good for the psyche and the soul, and a good priest can give you good direction to avoid sin in the future. Sinners don't have to be alone, and they can learn that in the big scheme of things, sins that overwhelm and baffle them aren't nearly as bad as they think they are. Priests have heard every sin in the book, and they have lots of experience because of this. They can assure you that things aren't nearly as bad as you think they are. After confession, I almost always feel good about myself.
As it should be. Thank you.

After confession, I almost always feel good about myself.

Well as long as you say your three hail marys and put some money in the collection jar your soul is as pure as the driven snow
I don't think you should be so pessimistic for those who find a confession "cleansing." We haven't had that experience so we don't know.
Speak for yourself. I was brought up in the Catholic cult.

But I was smart enough at 8 years old to tell my mother I refused to go to church or catechism anymore.

Forum List

Back