Popular vote for POTUS under our current system would violate equal protection

You idjits don't know about California and drivers licenses, welfare, free healthcare, government educations and the rights of citizenship for illegals? Seriously? I'd think even a Democrat in the UK would know that

Oh Goodie. Please present your proof that California actively floods their system with illegal voters. Feel free to present any sources you like, but the crazy ones will be laughed at.

I don't cater to willful stupidity, BULLSHIT.

I do like it from the guy who can't show Trump ran on family values while you call for women to wear maxis because seeing all that skin just reminds you what you aren't getting.

I even keep pointing you to Fox, the conservative news channel with all the conservative women showing lots of skin and you whiff on that too.

Now you want a link for basic information you could easily find yourself? LOL, yeah ...

I've read your posts. Yes, you are all about willfully stupid. You made the claim. Either prove it or admit it was just something you heard from other RWNJs. As far as pointing out the right's decision to forget about family values to allow trump's lesbian stripper wife, family values are still in your platform. You haven't even had time to drop that yet.

You want proof that California is illegal friendly and you say I'm willfully stupid. Grow a pair, Nancy, you're a joke

You didn't claim they were friendly. You claimed that they actively flooded their system with illegal voters. Two drastically different things. Why are you trying to weasel out of it? Present your proof.

You get a drivers license, you can use that to register to vote. Easily verifiable, I don't need to cure your ignorance for you, especially since you love it so

I did but that doesn't answer the question. States are allowed different rules on voting times, machines used and registration guidelines as elections are up to the states. Going from the electoral college to a popular vote doesn't change any of that.

That's why I'm asking for your source.

Statewide elections are allowed standard statewide rules under equal protection. National elections would require national rules under equal protection.

They would? Why?

You actually, seriously don't grasp that. You've evolved to a whole new plane of stupid

Oh, I grasp that you are jumping to conclusions.

Where is your source?

Read the first sentence of my op and address it, or don't, but I'm not going to debate you ignoring it. Read the sentence, think about it, and explain your view that equal protection isn't required in voting when the SC says it is

I did, states run their own elections, the Supreme Court said that the recount did not provide equal protection within a statewide election. You are making an assumption that a national popular vote wouldn't be run by 50 individual states plus D.C.

What is your source that a national popular vote would be unconstitutional (assuming the electoral college was amended out)?

Read the OP

I already told you I did. It doesn't answer the question. So, what is your source?

You idjits don't know about California and drivers licenses, welfare, free healthcare, government educations and the rights of citizenship for illegals? Seriously? I'd think even a Democrat in the UK would know that

Oh Goodie. Please present your proof that California actively floods their system with illegal voters. Feel free to present any sources you like, but the crazy ones will be laughed at.

I do like it from the guy who can't show Trump ran on family values while you call for women to wear maxis because seeing all that skin just reminds you what you aren't getting.

I even keep pointing you to Fox, the conservative news channel with all the conservative women showing lots of skin and you whiff on that too.

Now you want a link for basic information you could easily find yourself? LOL, yeah ...

I've read your posts. Yes, you are all about willfully stupid. You made the claim. Either prove it or admit it was just something you heard from other RWNJs. As far as pointing out the right's decision to forget about family values to allow trump's lesbian stripper wife, family values are still in your platform. You haven't even had time to drop that yet.

You want proof that California is illegal friendly and you say I'm willfully stupid. Grow a pair, Nancy, you're a joke

You didn't claim they were friendly. You claimed that they actively flooded their system with illegal voters. Two drastically different things. Why are you trying to weasel out of it? Present your proof.

Present your proof that Trump ran on family values. You don't answer questions, you don't get to ask them and expect an answer

Sorry you need proof that they are all voting on a massive scale...

Please offer that or it's back to bullshit mountain for you...

I do? Or what? This should be interesting.

My standard is I do my own searching before asking questions. I apply that same standard to people who ask me stupid questions. I don't give a shit what your standard is, tough guy

Great. That should make it really easy for you to show proof that California actively floods their system with illegal voters.

Statewide elections are allowed standard statewide rules under equal protection. National elections would require national rules under equal protection.

They would? Why?

You actually, seriously don't grasp that. You've evolved to a whole new plane of stupid

Where is your source?

Read the first sentence of my op and address it, or don't, but I'm not going to debate you ignoring it. Read the sentence, think about it, and explain your view that equal protection isn't required in voting when the SC says it is

I did, states run their own elections, the Supreme Court said that the recount did not provide equal protection within a statewide election. You are making an assumption that a national popular vote wouldn't be run by 50 individual states plus D.C.

What is your source that a national popular vote would be unconstitutional (assuming the electoral college was amended out)?

Read the OP

I already told you I did. It doesn't answer the question. So, what is your source?

You're a level of stupid that is insurmountable.

The SCOTUS ruled 7-2 that in State elections that all voters in the State have to have access to the same rules.

You're like duh, dar, so why would all the voters in the nation need the same rules in a national election? Drool, hic.

I have nothing that would satisfy you as you are just a Democrat shill with no intellectual integrity

California actively floods their system with illegal voters.

^bullshit claim

Absolute fact.

When an illegal alien gets a drivers license, they are automatically registered to vote.

Bill Text - AB-1461 Voter registration: California New Motor Voter Program.

While it is still technically illegal for the illegals to vote, they ARE registered and nothing will stop or even hamper them from voting.

California does indeed flood the system with illegal voters.

Go ahead and post leftwing Snopes, and I will again show WHY Snopes is a fraud.
No, you're the fraud. It's a laugh riot how easily you believe rwnj talking points.

Sorry you need proof that they are all voting on a massive scale...

Please offer that or it's back to bullshit mountain for you...

I do? Or what? This should be interesting.

My standard is I do my own searching before asking questions. I apply that same standard to people who ask me stupid questions. I don't give a shit what your standard is, tough guy

Great. That should make it really easy for you to show proof that California actively floods their system with illegal voters.

You mean how you proved that Trump ran on family values and that conservatives abhor skin and are prudes by watching Fox News and all the hot, minimally dressed hotties they have?

Like that?

If the Electoral College is equal protection, why are the citizens of some states more equal than the citizens of other states in NATIONAL elections?

If all the voters in CA moved to another state, their NATIONAL vote would count differently, for example.

That is NOT equal protection.

California actively floods their system with illegal voters.

^bullshit claim

Absolute fact.

When an illegal alien gets a drivers license, they are automatically registered to vote.

Bill Text - AB-1461 Voter registration: California New Motor Voter Program.

While it is still technically illegal for the illegals to vote, they ARE registered and nothing will stop or even hamper them from voting.

California does indeed flood the system with illegal voters.

Go ahead and post leftwing Snopes, and I will again show WHY Snopes is a fraud.
No, you're the fraud. It's a laugh riot how easily you believe rwnj talking points.

You're a joke you have your head shoved so far up the ass of the Democrat party

[

You tards know a California driver's license for an illegal is marked differently from that of a citizen, right?

I'd think even a retard in Germany would know that.

Oh? Do tell Comrade? Is this marking a small dot on the license? How does this keep the now registered illegal from voting? Polls in the Peoples Republic certainly don't require ID.

Look, you are THE leading advocate of election fraud on this board; your goal is to ensure that your filthy party can stuff the ballot box to ensure DNC hegemony.

All states should should have the ME-NE system. IMO, it would force candidates to appear in more than just battleground states.

[

You tards know a California driver's license for an illegal is marked differently from that of a citizen, right?

I'd think even a retard in Germany would know that.

Oh? Do tell Comrade? Is this marking a small dot on the license? How does this keep the now registered illegal from voting? Polls in the Peoples Republic certainly don't require ID.

Look, you are THE leading advocate of election fraud on this board; your goal is to ensure that your filthy party can stuff the ballot box to ensure DNC hegemony.
See? You tell the retards that Voter ID doesn't stop the most common types of voter fraud which occur, and their little retard brains hear, "There is no fraud" or "I support fraud."

Goddam, you just can't fight that kind of profound stupidity!

They would? Why?

Where is your source?

Read the OP

You're a level of stupid that is insurmountable.

The SCOTUS ruled 7-2 that in State elections that all voters in the State have to have access to the same rules.

You're like duh, dar, so why would all the voters in the nation need the same rules in a national election? Drool, hic.

I have nothing that would satisfy you as you are just a Democrat shill with no intellectual integrity

Yes, the Supreme Court said all votes in the same state have to be treated equally and you are taking that and assuming if we went to a national popular vote that all states have to run their elections the same. Why? What is your source?

The other matter is that SOCTUS also specifically stated that this decision has no precedential value.

Sorry, I can't take your conspiracy laden OP as an authoritative source on election law. So, what is your source?

You get a drivers license, you can use that to register to vote. Easily verifiable, I don't need to cure your ignorance for you, especially since you love it so

That's what happens when you only watch fox. You heard that claim, but they didn't bother to find out the facts or to present them after that claim
get someone to read the following and explain it to you.

FALSE: California Passed a Law Allowing Undocumented Immigrants to Vote in Federal Elections
While critics of the New Motor Voter Act fear that undocumented people may slip through the loopholes and get registered to vote, it's false to say that California has made it legal for undocumented people to vote. In fact, California Secretary of State Alex Padilla said that the new law is actually more secure:

The way automatic registration works is relatively simple: Eligible citizens are registered to vote when they show up at a Department of Motor Vehicles office to obtain a driver's license or state ID. The DMV gives the eligible voter a chance to opt out if they prefer not to register. If the person does not opt out, the DMV electronically transfers their voter registration information to the Secretary of State's office, rather than making election officials enter data by hand from paper registration forms...

"... Automated voter registration is actually a more secure way of doing things," California Secretary of State Alex Padilla told HuffPost in September. Potential voters "have to demonstrate proof of age, the vast majority of time people are showing a birth certificate or a passport, which also reflects citizenship. That's arguably more secure than someone checking a box under penalty of perjury," Padilla said.

While it's true that undocumented people in California can obtain a driver's license, the state has not passed any laws which also gives them the right to vote. The New Motor Voter Act was passed in an effort to improve voter turnout, and while this law does automatically register citizens to vote when obtaining or renewing a driver's license, this only applies to citizens who are already eligible to vote.

For you retards who just gobble down whatever bullshit your propaganda mills shovel into your mouths, California driver's licenses for illegals say in all caps "FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY" in the upper right hand corner.

You can't miss it.

On the back, it says, “This card is not acceptable for official federal purposes. This license is issued only as a license to drive a motor vehicle. It does not establish eligibility for employment, voter registration, or public benefits.”

So explain how such a person would be able to vote, retards.

A few years back Donald Trump was wrong on the EC, fortunately he learned his lesson in this election that his view on the EC was wrong… fact

The Supreme Court voted 7-2 that the Florida recount violated equal protection by treating voters in different counties with different standards. Clearly our current system nationally would violate equal protection. Three huge problems would have to be fixed to make popular vote even Constitutional.

1) Voting equipment. All States would have to have the same voting equipment

2) Voting rules. Early voting, voting by mail, voting hours, counting under votes, registration rules and all the other rules around voting would have to be standardized

3) Voter registration requirements. We range from California which actively recruits illegal voters to States that are requiring IDs to combat fraud would have to be standardized

The reason now States can vary is that they only need to be consistent within their State. For a national popular vote, that wouldn't work. California actively floods their system with illegal voters. Clearly that would violate equal protection for responsible States. You up for stopping that, liberals?

Would not the Electoral College be the biggest violation.... one vote worth 2.5 times another...

Seems all were not created equal...

No, because in the EV, States vote for President, not individual citizens. In PV citizens are voting for President so equal protection would apply.

And more directly, the EV is in the Constitution and PV isn't. Seriously, you're arguing the Constitution is Unconstitutional? Now that's funny

So you say they are state votes for a state decision and then want them to be ruled federally...

Not very consistent today.. Back to Bullshit Mountain for you...

Present your proof that Trump ran on family values. You don't answer questions, you don't get to ask them and expect an answer

I never said Trump ran on family values. I said the right gave him a pass

That is off topic... You been called on your statement, can you back it up?

Forum List

Back