Posse Comitatus Act

So trump is sending our military to the border.
What do you think should be done when the invaders try to cross our border?
What are they going to do there?

They can't do anything beyond just standing there and maybe smile.

The Posse Comitatus Act prevents our military from being used to enforce any domestic policies or law in the United States.

It basically prevents the military from doing what trump is trying to use them for.

They can't police the border beyond just standing there. They can't use their weapons nor can they take any action to enforce our domestic immigration laws. They can't arrest anyone, they have no authority. They can't legally do anything beyond stand there and smile.

There is no good reason to send out military to the border. All trump is doing is putting on a show for the election. I wouldn't be surprised if on November 7th next week he withdraws those federal military troops from the border.

Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia

What should be done when the invaders try to enter?
what invaders?
This is the part where you play dumb, huh.

it is not playing dumb

it is willful ignorance a trait common among the leftists

The Posse Comitatus Act prevents our military from being used to enforce any domestic policies or law in the United States.

It basically prevents the military from doing what trump is trying to use them for.

They can't police the border beyond just standing there. They can't use their weapons nor can they take any action to enforce our domestic immigration laws. They can't arrest anyone, they have no authority. They can't legally do anything beyond stand there and smile.

There is no good reason to send out military to the border. All trump is doing is putting on a show for the election. I wouldn't be surprised if on November 7th next week he withdraws those federal military troops from the border.

Defending the border is a military function. The military defended the border for 50 plus years after the PC Act was passed.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
not in this case.

In every case, the PC Act is being misapplied to border security

Come on. These weekend warriors get a chance to camp out in warm dry air, away from wives and rugrats, pick up some weekend pay, but a couple of kegs of Lone Star and put a side of beef over the fire.
I used to love it when I was in...Get sidewalk lickin' drunk..

Defending the border is a military function. The military defended the border for 50 plus years after the PC Act was passed.

State National Guard can go to the border of their own states but according to that Act, the federal military can go there but can't do much of anything.

Federal military can't enforce domestic law and policy.

The Act is clear.

The limits of military action will be determined by Trump and Trump alone based on his declaration of the invasion.
If he invokes the Insurrection Act Posse Comitatus does not apply.
Look it up.

Posse Comitatus does not apply in any case, as the Act does not have the authority of a constitutional amendment, and therefore changes nothing regarding the mandate contained in Article Four.
Posse Comitatus is relevant. Most right wing policies get held up in Court, because the right wing is clueless, and Causeless.

Do you not comprehend English well?

Oh ...

What do you think should be done when the invaders try to cross our border?

What should be done when the invaders try to enter?
what invaders?
This is the part where you play dumb, huh.

it is not playing dumb

it is willful ignorance a trait common among the leftists
Yeah, that's what I call "willful ignorance". Playing dumb.

Trump was AWOL during CIVICS class.

Didn't you hear? Trump was out fvcking Kathy under the bleachers when he was supposed to be learning that in order to change a Constitutional Amendment requires a 2/3rds vote of BOTH the Senate & the House, and a 3/4 ratification by the states.

Trump says he can work that fvcking magic with the stroke of a pen :9:

Now we all know why Trump never heard of the Posse Comitatus.

He was out screwing Kathy when he should have been in CIVICS class. :abgg2q.jpg:

Shit, the Super Zulu must have aced his civics class since he found an angle to shit on the constitution and bypass congress with DACA...huh?

My, how VERY RACIST of you but we already know that you HATED Obama being POTUS, because he is a black man.

Is that you, Donald? :9:

Not really, I’ll take 100 blacks over one filthy wetback any day. What now?

sounds like you will accept having 100 black presidents :04:

State National Guard can go to the border of their own states but according to that Act, the federal military can go there but can't do much of anything.

The Act is clear.

Border defense is not about domestic law, it is a basic function of the military.

I'm not sure you realize it, but Congress could change the act at whim.

I'm not sure you realize it, but congress has not changed that act. Right now that Act
is the law of this land and trump seems to be violating another law.

So when they actually do change it, you'll have a point.

Right now you don't.

I'm not sure you realize it, but congress has not changed that act. Right now that Act

Right now you don't.

I know they didn't change the law. That is why I chose the word "could" when I wrote the sentence. Are you always so dull witted? I'm not sure I have time to read your drivel if you are.

Come on. These weekend warriors get a chance to camp out in warm dry air, away from wives and rugrats, pick up some weekend pay, but a couple of kegs of Lone Star and put a side of beef over the fire.

The president can't put National Guard troops on our border. The governor of the state they reside does that.

The National Guard is the only type of military that can enforce our laws and policy. Along with the police force. Our federal military is prohibited because of that Act.

I put up the link to the Act. Yes, it's a very boring read but it's right there in that Act.

The president can't put National Guard troops on our border. The governor of the state they reside does that.

The president can federalize the National Guard.

The National Guard is the only type of military that can enforce our laws and policy. Along with the police force. Our federal military is prohibited because of that Act.

Incorrect. Read Article Four, which simple legislation has no authority to override.

Right now you don't.

I know they didn't change the law. That is why I chose the word "could" when I wrote the sentence. Are you always so dull witted? I'm not sure I have time to read your drivel if you are.

So then you really didn't have a point.

Ok.

Right now trump is violating another law.

I put up the link to the Act. Yes, it's a very boring read but it's right there in that Act.

The governor of the state they reside does that.

usually at the request of the president.

Right now you don't.

Ok.

What should be done when the invaders try to come into the USA?

Ah thaynk he's sendin in reglur troops, but they ain't lak thur 82ndAB

Trump sends 5,200 troops to Mexico border as caravan advances | Reuters

Right now you don't.

Ok.

What should be done when the invaders try to come into the USA?
Well if the people ever get here, the border patrol could toss em back over the border at some place they really won't like. But that wouldn't gin up the rubes before the election, and the rubes might notice the "carvan" about 1000 miles away

The limits of military action will be determined by Trump and Trump alone based on his declaration of the invasion.
If he invokes the Insurrection Act Posse Comitatus does not apply.
Look it up.

Posse Comitatus does not apply in any case, as the Act does not have the authority of a constitutional amendment, and therefore changes nothing regarding the mandate contained in Article Four.
Posse Comitatus is relevant. Most right wing policies get held up in Court, because the right wing is clueless, and Causeless.

Do you not comprehend English well?

Oh ...
better than You.

The Act is clear.

Border defense is not about domestic law, it is a basic function of the military.

millions cross every day.

The president can federalize the National Guard.

Incorrect. Read Article Four, which simple legislation has no authority to override.
there is no invasion.

Forum List

Back