Post-constitutional America

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
"On July 30, 1778, the Continental Congress created the first whistleblower protection law, stating 'that it is the duty of all persons in the service of the United States to give the earliest information to Congress or other proper authority of any misconduct, frauds, or misdemeanors committed by any officers or persons in the service of these states'"

Source:Welcome to Post-Constitution America | The Nation

:eusa_think:

Bradley Manning - convicted of 20/22 counts of whistleblowing
Edward Snowden - will eventually be convicted of pretty much the same

Anyone disagree with the quote above? It made me think.

Frankly, I can't believe WHAT THE FUCK Bush and Obama have done to this country. Making us turn on our own like this. Lady Liberty should just float away...

"On July 30, 1778, the Continental Congress created the first whistleblower protection law, stating 'that it is the duty of all persons in the service of the United States to give the earliest information to Congress or other proper authority of any misconduct, frauds, or misdemeanors committed by any officers or persons in the service of these states'"

Frankly, I can't believe WHAT THE FUCK Bush and Obama have done to this country. Making us turn on our own like this. Lady Liberty should just float away...

I guess it comes down to whom these people gave the information to and where it ended up. Both of these men could have chosen to make their concerns known to members of Congress rather than reporters and people who would then turn this information over to our enemies.

Neither met the stipulation I highlighted in red. They both released sensitive information outside of government, they knew the consequences and should be prepared to accept them.

In high school I certainly never dreamed that the US whistleblowers would end up dissidents seeking asylum in Russia.

Yeah. There's real, fundamental change taking place with our government and nation. We're writing off the lessons of the past and flirting with fascism.

Forum List

Back