Pot shops on the run in California

Oh but how we all so love FREEDOM, right?

Except when we don't, then GOD is on our side.

Oh but how we all so love FREEDOM, right?

Except when we don't, then GOD is on our side.

Well if we had freedom, no one would be voting against pot shops, but taking pot shots at pot users. That's freedom.

But, we don't. There are laws protecting their sorry asses so we have to depend on laws. The California Supreme court has spoken and it secured the rights of municipalities to regulate marijuana or ban it completely. Much like municipalities have the right to regulate alcohol or ban it completely.

Are you in favor of getting rid of stores that sell alcohol? Alcohol is a much bigger problem than pot.

What happened to let the voters decide?

Obviously pot has turned out to be a bigger problem than alcohol. Pot was legalized for medicinal use. An initiative was put on the ballot to legalize it for recreational use. That failed. Pot proponents claimed that in the intervening years, people changed their minds and pot was now acceptable. They were wrong.

Not answering my question shows what we already know, you have an unreasonable hysteria with pot. Alcohol is a much bigger problem than pot.

Yes indeed, look at the death rate among users of alcohol verses pot.

Long time drunks, long time potheads, one dies of cirrhosis, the other dies of stroke and heart attacks.

We have lived with legal pot for 16 years already. It hasn't been a benefit. It has increased the misery of those who have to live with and/or around addicts.

Banning is getting ready to ban pot too. Many cities in Orange County already have. Lake Forest tossed them out a couple of years ago.

It's getting abused foresure. However, it was supposed to be for medical purposes. As a person who watched my mother suffer through chemo treatments, I can tell you pot is a miracle drug when it comes to treating cancer patients on chemo. All the bullshit other drugs did dick. It wasn't until my brother and I begged her to smoke pot did her misery end. The nausea gone, upset stomach gone, head ache gone, appetiate BACK and she finally had energy to move around. It was a miracle drug!

It just doesn't work that way for everyone and there is synthetic pot that provides medicinal effects without the high.

First, that synthetic pot is BS. She tried that and it did dick! Was utterly useless!

Second, after my mother recovered she joined a charity group that provided rides to cancer patients receiving chemo treatments. She advised all of them that pot works. Not one person (according to her) didn't come back and say it was a miracle drug. They had a similar story to my mother. They were flat out against pot (my mother was because she thought that would condone my brother and my pot smoking in highschool); they tried everything under the sun the doctors gave them to feel better and nothing worked; then they tried pot and it was a miracle drug!

Obviously pot has turned out to be a bigger problem than alcohol. Pot was legalized for medicinal use. An initiative was put on the ballot to legalize it for recreational use. That failed. Pot proponents claimed that in the intervening years, people changed their minds and pot was now acceptable. They were wrong.

Not answering my question shows what we already know, you have an unreasonable hysteria with pot. Alcohol is a much bigger problem than pot.

And the inclusion of pot makes alcohol less of a problem, yes or no?

I'm sure, positive in fact, that if the vote had gone the other way you would be saying "the voters have spoken". Instead of the voters are stupid hysterics.

I said nothing about the voters.

It would be 0 deaths from pot.

We have lived with legal pot for 16 years already. It hasn't been a benefit. It has increased the misery of those who have to live with and/or around addicts.

Banning is getting ready to ban pot too. Many cities in Orange County already have. Lake Forest tossed them out a couple of years ago.

It's getting abused foresure. However, it was supposed to be for medical purposes. As a person who watched my mother suffer through chemo treatments, I can tell you pot is a miracle drug when it comes to treating cancer patients on chemo. All the bullshit other drugs did dick. It wasn't until my brother and I begged her to smoke pot did her misery end. The nausea gone, upset stomach gone, head ache gone, appetiate BACK and she finally had energy to move around. It was a miracle drug!

It just doesn't work that way for everyone and there is synthetic pot that provides medicinal effects without the high.

First, that synthetic pot is BS. She tried that and it did dick! Was utterly useless!

Second, after my mother recovered she joined a charity group that provided rides to cancer patients receiving chemo treatments. She advised all of them that pot works. Not one person (according to her) didn't come back and say it was a miracle drug. They had a similar story to my mother. They were flat out against pot (my mother was because she thought that would condone my brother and my pot smoking in highschool); they tried everything under the sun the doctors gave them to feel better and nothing worked; then they tried pot and it was a miracle drug!

Why are they doing this? :dunno:

lol. "Banning" lol. ummm..... why would someone like YOU live on the Left coast anyway. :eusa_eh:

Amy Winehouse died of cannibis poisoning.

Amy Winehouse suffers from marijuana poisoning? | Entertainment News

How many pot users died of a stroke?

Marijuana Linked to Increased Stroke Risk | TIME.com

Or had a heart attack?

Study: Pot Increases Heart Attack Risks - ABC News

Or had a heart attack?

From your link:

"She had smoked an inhuman amount of hash which resulted in acute cannabis poisoning. You have to take a s**tload of pot to suffer that severe a reaction.

"It's thought she had been smoking it for 36 hours...

how many people died from smoking pot last year?

The other two links merely state an increased "risk" of such & such so...

Your flimsy argument implodes. I thought you claimed to have a J.D. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:

Or had a heart attack?

This is not dying from smoking pot.

Why is it that when you talk about pot in Colorado, you live in Colorado, but when you talk about pot in California, you live in California?

Or had a heart attack?

Amy winehouse?
"She had smoked an inhuman amount of hash which resulted in acute cannabis poisoning. You have to take a s**tload of pot to suffer that severe a reaction.

Stroke?
The study, however, could not separate tobacco smokers from marijuana smokers, because all but one of those testing positive for marijuana in the urine also showed signs of nicotine. Still, Barber said to Everyday Health “We know cannabis can cause changes in blood pressure and heart rate that are associated with increased stroke risk. Importantly, it can also cause heart palpitations, [a sign of atrial fibrillation]. And atrial fibrillation is very strongly associated with stroke.”

Read more: Marijuana Linked to Increased Stroke Risk | TIME.com

Heart Attack?
These risks are compounded by other lifestyle conditions that affect heart function, such as such as smoking cigarettes, being overweight, and not participating in physical activity.

All from your links.

This is not dying from smoking pot.

Why is it that when you talk about pot in Colorado, you live in Colorado, but when you talk about pot in California, you live in California?

I have relatives in Colorado. I do not live there, although I once did. I do pay attention to what goes on in Colorado. I live in Los Angeles California and one would think that a rat shithole like LA would be the last place on earth that would pass laws against marijuana interests. That would be like San Francisco passing laws against sodomy. But, in fact, marijuana has been so detrimental, even Los Angeles had to stir itself.

Forum List

Back