Poverty in the Ozarks

I'd like to see them chug up and down these 30-50 foot ravines in the foothills of the Ozarks where I live..

Same here but that's not a mountain. It may feel like a mountain but its not.

it's an old mountain chain which means the hills have been rounded and are small, not like the Rockies which are younger and have a sharp top....The Arbuckles in southern Okiehoma are the oldest mountain chain in the US...

Posted some pictures I took of the Arbuckles five years ago...http://www.usmessageboard.com/scien...k-some-pictures-just-for-you.html#post1390905

The Ouachita and Wichita Mountains of Oklahoma are pretty old as well.

Plateaus, they are plateaus. That is why they have flat tops, at least the ones not fully eroded away that is.

if you go north to the Joplin area and north Springfield it is a plateau, but the more south you get the deeper the hills get, until you reach Arkansas and the Boston Mountains appear...south of Branson....You also have the Mark Twain Natl. Forest in the area also...

In Leslie, AR I was on top of a plateau. (That might ring a bell with a certain someone.)

I've been thru Leslie many times...there is a 66 station on the east side of the highway you can fit a tractor trailer in and grab an ice cold RC in a glass bottle.

By 65 doesn't hold a candle to 63 thru Thayer MO..and neither of them compare to AR-7.

Last edited:
if you go north to the Joplin area and north Springfield it is a plateau, but the more south you get the deeper the hills get, until you reach Arkansas and the Boston Mountains appear...south of Branson....You also have the Mark Twain Natl. Forest in the area also...

In Leslie, AR I was on top of a plateau. (That might ring a bell with a certain someone.)

I've been thru Leslie many times...there is a 66 station on the east side of the highway you can fit a tractor trailer in and grab an ice cold RC in a glass bottle.

You mentioned that before. I changed username for the heck of it. ;) You can go through the town with Google maps now. Ain't too pretty. The gas station is gone, as is the ice cream place across the street.

You mentioned that before. I changed username for the heck of it. ;) You can go through the town with Google maps now. Ain't too pretty. The gas station is gone, as is the ice cream place across the street.

Too bad.

65 is suffering because 71 is now I-49.

It just isn't that much further, and it's much faster.

Way out of the way for me, so I'll keep scootin' thru Harrison, Leslie and Conway.

Same here but that's not a mountain. It may feel like a mountain but its not.

it's an old mountain chain which means the hills have been rounded and are small, not like the Rockies which are younger and have a sharp top....The Arbuckles in southern Okiehoma are the oldest mountain chain in the US...

Posted some pictures I took of the Arbuckles five years ago...http://www.usmessageboard.com/scien...k-some-pictures-just-for-you.html#post1390905

The Ouachita and Wichita Mountains of Oklahoma are pretty old as well.

Those photos really show what give farmers grief.

The Ozarks are beautiful but this thread reminds me of something my dad used to say - that you can't eat the scenery.

Too bad.

65 is suffering because 71 is now I-49.

It just isn't that much further, and it's much faster.

Way out of the way for me, so I'll keep scootin' thru Harrison, Leslie and Conway.

Might be just as well. That run away trunk ramp got its share of rigs, as did the turn just past it. Mountain, hill, or plateau those curves got the best of many a midnight rider. Don't ever be one of them.

:night:

But, we have to send a few billion to the Ukraine. Or Iran. Or syria. Or whevever. The ozarks doesn't have oil.

We also don't have Left Wing media on the radio and the majority of the people in politics are Fox News driven ready to bring up Arms in the Revolution.

I use to be a tool too. But I got smarter. I only got smarter because I noticed the propaganda of Fox News though. The people that introduced me to it are locked and loaded and ready for war instead of ready for information.

The Ozarks represent America and what it is today.

Hard work, sweat, broken backs and Broken dreams.

This is nothing like what America use to be. Working HARD use to get you something before the CEO's started collecting your hard work pay.

Forum List

Back