Poweful photos of people living in poverty....

yes, it can. But it requires that you prepare and cook your food, rather that walk up the counter and grab it. Eating healthy can be cheaper, but it takes some effort, just like taking responsibility for any aspect of your life.

Does time equal money?
When I'm working and paying for them, yes my time is money.

Now. Don't misconstrue this as not wanting to help the poor.

Does time equal money to anyone besides yourself?
From what I've seen and heard in my working life, I am not the only one who has said this.

Many have raised this question long before I have. I'd like to think I'm just passing it on.

Yeah so, does time equal money to others also? Or to everyone except the poor?
You would have to make that inquiry with other people.I can't answer for them.

Yes, it is all relative. That's why we mock you leftists for whining about the poor in America.
...The right wingers constantly bitch and complain about poor people...

Incorrect!

Tax-paying Americans complain about the able-bodied, non-working class (yeah ... it's big enough to be an identifiable class of Americans) who not only choose to be non-self supporting but refuse to help the rest of us carry the load for those who are not able-bodied.

Mah grate grate grate grate grate grate grate grate grate grate grate grate grandaddy(she tink) knew a motherfucka who were a slabe. You owez me whitey ! I B mad !
I' B burnin' my house down byattch * tooz fah to walks down dat streets. Mah bunyunz hurtz !
You sound just like a black person

Are you sure you are not black?

carrots cost less than cookies. You are FOS on this.

Healthy foods cost less is what youre saying? Dont be coy

I believe he's saying that those who can afford to not work, weigh 250 lbs and own a smart phone they can afford the minimal diff ($1.50/day) between a healthy and an unhealthy diet.

Thats $2000 extra. If they arent working that doesnt make sense to say they can afford it. What is this bizarro world?

If they can afford to not work, weigh 250 lbs and own a smart phone they can afford the minimal diff ($1.50/day) between a healthy and an unhealthy diet. If an extra $2000/yr for a family of 4 is too steep, they can replace half the junk food with good stuff at a cost of $1000/yr and as an added bonus, be healthier!

What a concept!

You seem to believe you are their nanny and require the rest of us to pay for their lifestyle choices.

You dont get the concept of being poor do you? :badgrin: Being poor doesnt mean you have a extra grand laying around.

What if they are less than 250 pounds? What if they do work currently?

Once more for the desperately dense:

If they can afford to not work, weigh 250 lbs and own a smart phone they can afford the minimal diff ($1.50/day) between a healthy and an unhealthy diet. If an extra $2000/yr for a family of 4 is too steep, they can replace half the junk food with good stuff at a cost of $1000/yr and as an added bonus, be healthier!

How true
We need to make poor people suffer so they don't enjoy their poverty
Otherwise everyone will want to be poor

There is a simple solution to this issue.

Lower the income threshold that delineates the poverty income level.

If you make 100 dollars.......a year, you do not live in poverty as defined by income.

Why didn't republicans think.of this now that they control Congress? They could have reduced poverty more than anyone ever.

There is nothing keeping poor Americans from eating good food. Eating "shitty food" is a choice just as avoiding education and work is a choice.

Yeah nothing except cost. Whats money tho? I'm sure you've never noticed the difference costs but I'm telling you healthy stuff costs more.

Of course its a choice captain obvious, but thanks for that tidbit
Nope wrong,good food dosnt cost any more,sure you could drag out organic specialty foods that do,but plan old good for you stuff is often cheaper,just takes more time and effort

Time and effort? Thats free tho.

Working peeps manage to do it. What is so busy about the lives of the gov't supported that they can't find the time to prepare healthy food for themselves and their kids, Nanny?

Americans are the fattest citizens of any nation. Tell me again how we're so healthy in the face of facts that show the opposite.

Don't change the subject.

Everyone has the right to their poor lifestyle choices. Requiring those who work to pay for others poor choices is not just wrong, it is damaging to everyone, including those you insist we shower with the confiscated wealth of others.

From what conservatives tell me they drive Escalades and wash down caviar with Colt 45

And here foolishly pissed away 40 some odd years of my life working when I could have been living in luxury on the government dole.

Stupid people make stupid decisions. You need a website for that?

LOL

The affordable food on food stamps is all processed crap food..High calorie, High fat, High crap..
From what I have seen , its only the staples they get for free..no veggie and fruit.

It will make you fat and lazy..

They can clean up their house , there is no excuse for that.. She has a nice cell phone, tv, but she chooses to be The Victim...

You sound just like a black person

Are you sure you are not black?

I'm not. But my one and only black friend says I'm his soul brother.

One of my favorite authors is black.

I got rhythm.

But I can't jump.

I understand the blues. I know who Honeyboy Edwards was. And who was standing at the crossroads. And why.

Blessed are the white people. Cause we got lucky.

As long as we continue to make poverty a viable option for people, more and more people will choose it.

How do you make poverty not an option? :badgrin:

I said a "viable option" you simple minded idiot. Big difference.

How do you make poverty unpossible?

Moron:
You don't have the mental ability to understand anything. Hell, you can barely read. I didn't say it was impossible, nor did I use the made up word "unpossible". You aren't smart enough to understand anything. I can only try to educate you but I can't make you learn anything. Good luck with your handicap.

As long as we continue to make poverty a viable option for people, more and more people will choose it. That is why after decades of the "War on Poverty" all that has happened is that more people are living in "poverty".
How true
We need to make poor people suffer so they don't enjoy their poverty
Otherwise everyone will want to be poor

Dear Idiot:
It isn't all or nothing, there is a middle ground. The GOP is much closer to something reasonable than you left wing nutters. I don't expect someone of your limited mental ability to understand that but it's true regardless.

I looked at the photos. Maybe they'd lose some weight if they did some tidying and cleaning?

Not going hungry are they?

Nope. None of them look like they are starving to death and they don't look like they are anxious to get a damned job either.

But then what does one expect from freeloaders??

How do you look like you're anxious for work Capt Smear Ho?

I've worked my whole life asshole. How bout you??

Captainbrainless.

I looked at the photos. Maybe they'd lose some weight if they did some tidying and cleaning?

Not going hungry are they?

Nope. None of them look like they are starving to death and they don't look like they are anxious to get a damned job either.

But then what does one expect from freeloaders??

How do you look like you're anxious for work Capt Smear Ho?

I've worked my whole life asshole. How bout you??

Captainbrainless.
Screw that racist pos. If they were white they'd be called racist conservatives but since they're black they are just impoverished & oppressed

As long as we continue to make poverty a viable option for people, more and more people will choose it. That is why after decades of the "War on Poverty" all that has happened is that more people are living in "poverty".

They have no incentive go get off the welfare rolls. Why should they when someone else is paying their bills for them. Freeloaders one and all.

You people have no problem spending trillions on Iraq but you shit yourselves at the possibility that someone down the street from you might have gotten a free box of macaroni on your dime.

You TRY to make yourselves angry and miserable. It's pathetic.

They have no incentive go get off the welfare rolls. Why should they when someone else is paying their bills for them. Freeloaders one and all.

People have no incentive to work? You mean like these people?

Genesis-Jobs-035.jpg

Genesis-Jobs-012.jpg

That's two shots of the same line. Of people lined up to apply for jobs.

Twenty jobs.

Hundreds Line Up To Apply For Just 20 Jobs : NorthEscambia.com

Give a person a fish and they will demand more, teach a person to fish and they will feed themselves for a life time.
Then again if you continue to give them fish they will vote for you for a lifetime!
War on poverty, 52 years of failed liberal theory, promises, and crap.

Forum List

Back