Poweful photos of people living in poverty....

That's an informative link. But I think it still overshoots the matter. Lower income households are more inclined toward obesity for the very simple reason that high caloric, low nutrition yield food is cheaper. Wingnuts caon only think in one dimensional linear terms. So they can't get it through their head that nutrition and weight management isn't a simple matter of gross quantity. It's too complicated for them to understand that it's often cheaper to sate hunger with a 3000 calories per day crap food diet than it is with an 2000 calorie per day high nutrient diet.

Ironically, these same people passionately preach against food stamps and the way some people use them, and demand that poor people should find ways to adapt their purchasing habits to fit their minimal cash budgets. Which, of course, will just lead to even more obesity among the poor. Fucking toss pots.

crappy food is NOT cheaper--------its easier. And if you are lazy easier is more important than cheaper.

Was that a big screen TV ,in one of the pics?they live better than billions in this world,thats not real poverty.

Healthy foods cost less is what youre saying? Dont be coy
I spent $14 on a burger, fries and soda last week. Yes, healthy foods are cheaper.

You lose

A healthy diet costs $2,000 a year more than an unhealthy one for average family of four: Harvard study

And what your fat ass spent on a Burger doesnt mean dick. Thats obviously not the dollar menu.
BS. Processed foods cost more but are bought because people a lazy.

You lose, I provided proof...You cant just type two letters and dismiss how wrong you are
Your "proof" was a study of ten nations. Discussion is America. Where processed and fast foods cost more than just buying veggies and potatoes.

I provided proof and you didnt. See the difference?

NOW the discussion is America after you said Americans arent poor because people in Haiti are poorer? When did you switch this up?

There is nothing keeping poor Americans from eating good food. Eating "shitty food" is a choice just as avoiding education and work is a choice.

Yeah nothing except cost. Whats money tho? I'm sure you've never noticed the difference costs but I'm telling you healthy stuff costs more.

Of course its a choice captain obvious, but thanks for that tidbit

carrots cost less than cookies. You are FOS on this.

I spent $14 on a burger, fries and soda last week. Yes, healthy foods are cheaper.

You lose

A healthy diet costs $2,000 a year more than an unhealthy one for average family of four: Harvard study

And what your fat ass spent on a Burger doesnt mean dick. Thats obviously not the dollar menu.

I have an MBA from Harvard. I can tell your from personal experience that their studies are biased to the far left.

whether its a big mac or a dollar burger, it costs more than buying and cooking healthy food. the difference is the convenience. You have to put forth some effort to eat healthy. many people are in poverty because they are too lazy to work at anything, even feeding themselves.

Shitty foods high in fat and grease.

America is the fattest nation by far. How'd that happen? From fruits and veggies?

There is nothing keeping poor Americans from eating good food. Eating "shitty food" is a choice just as avoiding education and work is a choice.

Yeah nothing except cost. Whats money tho? I'm sure you've never noticed the difference costs but I'm telling you healthy stuff costs more.

I believe he's saying that those who can afford to not work, weigh 250 lbs and own a smart phone can afford the minimal diff ($1.50/day) between a healthy and an unhealthy diet.

Thats $2000 extra. If they arent working that doesnt make sense to say they can afford it. What is this bizarro world?

America is the fattest nation by far. How'd that happen? From fruits and veggies?

Nope wrong,good food dosnt cost any more,sure you could drag out organic specialty foods that do,but plan old good for you stuff is often cheaper,just takes more time and effort

I believe he's saying that those who can afford to not work, weigh 250 lbs and own a smart phone can afford the minimal diff ($1.50/day) between a healthy and an unhealthy diet.

Thats $2000 extra. If they arent working that doesnt make sense to say they can afford it. What is this bizarro world?

your cited study is bullshit-----------sorry.

You lose

I have an MBA from Harvard. I can tell your from personal experience that their studies are biased to the far left.

When all else fails, use McCarthyism

whether its a big mac or a dollar burger, it costs more than buying and cooking healthy food. the difference is the convenience. You have to put forth some effort to eat healthy. many people are in poverty because they are too lazy to work at anything, even feeding themselves.

When all else fails, use McCarthyism

Nope wrong,good food dosnt cost any more,sure you could drag out organic specialty foods that do,but plan old good for you stuff is often cheaper,just takes more time and effort

Time and effort? Thats free tho.

As long as we continue to make poverty a viable option for people, more and more people will choose it. That is why after decades of the "War on Poverty" all that has happened is that more people are living in "poverty".

Yes, it is when you have no job and no responsibilities except feeding yourself. If your existence consists of sleeping, sitting on your ass, and eating. The your time and effort are free, you are not being paid for your time and effort, you are being paid for being here, nothing more.

in many cases it does. have you compared the prices of fresh vegetables and fast food?

Not in many cases. I'm asking you flat out, are you saying Healthy eating costs less than Eating Fast Foods? Dont be shy, its ok

yes, it can. But it requires that you prepare and cook your food, rather that walk up the counter and grab it. Eating healthy can be cheaper, but it takes some effort, just like taking responsibility for any aspect of your life.

Does time equal money?

not if you have no job and live on welfare. spending your idle time fixing healthy meals would be a good expenditure of time.

No one has to eat junk food, to make such a claim is simply ignorant.

What is being ignored in this cost-of-eating-healthy discussion - a diff of $1.50/day - are the consequences and the expense of the unhealthy diet. Obesity is a very expensive (and self-destructive) lifestyle choice.

Eating healthier by replacing half the daily intake of junk with good food would increase the costs just 75 cents/day.

Eating junk - and feeding it to your kids - is just a very poor and very avoidable choice.

......8 years after the Mesiah, wonder what blue city's these are from????

Powerful Photos Of Living In Poverty In The U.S.

View attachment 75079

View attachment 75080

Three story house, that's not poverty.

This is poverty.
View attachment 75109

and this

View attachment 75108

I bet those same people will tell you "This isnt poverty, you should see some of the shit holes other people live in"

In other words its all relative
I would think we, as individuals, have some control over our environment.

As long as we continue to make poverty a viable option for people, more and more people will choose it. That is why after decades of the "War on Poverty" all that has happened is that more people are living in "poverty".

you would see the welfare rolls drop drastically if people had to work 8 hours for 3 meals worth of food stamps.

help the physically and mentally ill, but the rest should do some work for their payments.

Yes, it is when you have no job and no responsibilities except feeding yourself. If your existence consists of sleeping, sitting on your ass, and eating. The your time and effort are free, you are not being paid for your time and effort, you are being paid for being here, nothing more.

Yes, but I'm talking about normal people. Time and effort are never free. You dont have to make up these stories about people who dont exist.

America is the fattest nation on the planet. Are you saying all Americans existence consist of the silly bullshit you typed above?

Forum List

Back