Poweful photos of people living in poverty....

......8 years after the Mesiah, wonder what blue city's these are from????

Powerful Photos Of Living In Poverty In The U.S.

View attachment 75079

View attachment 75080

That is just horrible....

Why after six years of Republican Congressional control, haven't they passed a single anti-poverty bill?

Don't Republicans care?
Throwing government money at anything is a waste of time and money, because it's not real money. The country is so much that it can never be repaid.
Anyways only a dumbass would think passing more laws make Quality of life better, passing more laws is always at the expense of freedom.
The dictionary there's a picture of the federal government and its definition is inefficiency, waste, fraud and abuse…

carrots cost less than cookies. You are FOS on this.

Healthy foods cost less is what youre saying? Dont be coy

in many cases it does. have you compared the prices of fresh vegetables and fast food?

Not in many cases. I'm asking you flat out, are you saying Healthy eating costs less than Eating Fast Foods? Dont be shy, its ok

yes, it can. But it requires that you prepare and cook your food, rather that walk up the counter and grab it. Eating healthy can be cheaper, but it takes some effort, just like taking responsibility for any aspect of your life.

Does time equal money?
When I'm working and paying for them, yes my time is money.

Now. Don't misconstrue this as not wanting to help the poor.

There is nothing keeping poor Americans from eating good food. Eating "shitty food" is a choice just as avoiding education and work is a choice.

Yeah nothing except cost. Whats money tho? I'm sure you've never noticed the difference costs but I'm telling you healthy stuff costs more.

Of course its a choice captain obvious, but thanks for that tidbit

I believe he's saying that those who can afford to not work, weigh 250 lbs and own a smart phone they can afford the minimal diff ($1.50/day) between a healthy and an unhealthy diet.

Thats $2000 extra. If they arent working that doesnt make sense to say they can afford it. What is this bizarro world?

If they can afford to not work, weigh 250 lbs and own a smart phone they can afford the minimal diff ($1.50/day) between a healthy and an unhealthy diet. If an extra $2000/yr for a family of 4 is too steep, they can replace half the junk food with good stuff at a cost of $1000/yr and as an added bonus, be healthier!

What a concept!

You seem to believe you are their nanny and require the rest of us to pay for their lifestyle choices.

in many cases it does. have you compared the prices of fresh vegetables and fast food?

Not in many cases. I'm asking you flat out, are you saying Healthy eating costs less than Eating Fast Foods? Dont be shy, its ok

yes, it can. But it requires that you prepare and cook your food, rather that walk up the counter and grab it. Eating healthy can be cheaper, but it takes some effort, just like taking responsibility for any aspect of your life.

Does time equal money?

Does time equal money to anyone besides yourself?

Mah grate grate grate grate grate grate grate grate grate grate grate grate grandaddy(she tink) knew a motherfucka who were a slabe. You owez me whitey ! I B mad !
I' B burnin' my house down byattch * tooz fah to walks down dat streets. Mah bunyunz hurtz !

Yes, it is all relative. That's why we mock you leftists for whining about the poor in America.

Say what???

The right wingers constantly bitch and complain about poor people.

If it's not the poor, it's the working poor and the EITC.

And it isn't even your money paying for the welfare and such.

Obama made it so that ONLY republicans tax money goes to pay for wars and foreign aid.

Only democrats tax money goes to welfare and education.

Independents fund all the rest.

That Obama. He's a powerful one. But don't you feel better knowing your taxes paid were blown up on a Hellfire missile strike in Afghanistan? You bought two bolts holding shit together.

Shitty foods high in fat and grease.

America is the fattest nation by far. How'd that happen? From fruits and veggies?

There is nothing keeping poor Americans from eating good food. Eating "shitty food" is a choice just as avoiding education and work is a choice.

Yeah nothing except cost. Whats money tho? I'm sure you've never noticed the difference costs but I'm telling you healthy stuff costs more.

Nope wrong,good food dosnt cost any more,sure you could drag out organic specialty foods that do,but plan old good for you stuff is often cheaper,just takes more time and effort

Time and effort? Thats free tho.

Working peeps manage to do it. What is so busy about the lives of the gov't supported that they can't find the time to prepare healthy food for themselves and their kids, Nanny?

I believe he's saying that those who can afford to not work, weigh 250 lbs and own a smart phone they can afford the minimal diff ($1.50/day) between a healthy and an unhealthy diet.

Thats $2000 extra. If they arent working that doesnt make sense to say they can afford it. What is this bizarro world?

If they can afford to not work, weigh 250 lbs and own a smart phone they can afford the minimal diff ($1.50/day) between a healthy and an unhealthy diet. If an extra $2000/yr for a family of 4 is too steep, they can replace half the junk food with good stuff at a cost of $1000/yr and as an added bonus, be healthier!

What a concept!

You seem to believe you are their nanny and require the rest of us to pay for their lifestyle choices.

You dont get the concept of being poor do you? :badgrin: Being poor doesnt mean you have a extra grand laying around.

What if they are less than 250 pounds? What if they do work currently?

Shitty foods high in fat and grease.

America is the fattest nation by far. How'd that happen? From fruits and veggies?

Nope wrong,good food dosnt cost any more,sure you could drag out organic specialty foods that do,but plan old good for you stuff is often cheaper,just takes more time and effort

Working peeps manage to do it. What is so busy about the lives of the gov't supported that they can't find the time to prepare healthy food for themselves and their kids, Nanny?

Americans are the fattest citizens of any nation. Tell me again how we're so healthy in the face of facts that show the opposite.

Nope. None of them look like they are starving to death and they don't look like they are anxious to get a damned job either. But then what does one expect from freeloaders??
How do you look like you're anxious for work Capt Smear Ho?

Certainly not like this:

bbt79il-jpg.75079

Yes, it is when you have no job and no responsibilities except feeding yourself. If your existence consists of sleeping, sitting on your ass, and eating. The your time and effort are free, you are not being paid for your time and effort, you are being paid for being here, nothing more.

Yes, but I'm talking about normal people. Time and effort are never free. You dont have to make up these stories about people who dont exist.

America is the fattest nation on the planet. Are you saying all Americans existence consist of the silly bullshit you typed above?
Yep time and effort,you know,plealing the freash carrots,instead of the instant crap loaded boxed dinner,your reaching beyond rational,to just oppose give it up

Nope. None of them look like they are starving to death and they don't look like they are anxious to get a damned job either. But then what does one expect from freeloaders??
How do you look like you're anxious for work Capt Smear Ho?

Certainly not like this:

bbt79il-jpg.75079

Yes, I think we all know what things are NOT, thats why I asked how you can tell they ARE. But the peanut gallery has a hard time with questions

Does time equal money?

From what I've seen and heard in my working life, I am not the only one who has said this.

Many have raised this question long before I have. I'd like to think I'm just passing it on.

Yes, it is when you have no job and no responsibilities except feeding yourself. If your existence consists of sleeping, sitting on your ass, and eating. The your time and effort are free, you are not being paid for your time and effort, you are being paid for being here, nothing more.

Yes, but I'm talking about normal people. Time and effort are never free. You dont have to make up these stories about people who dont exist.

America is the fattest nation on the planet. Are you saying all Americans existence consist of the silly bullshit you typed above?
Yep time and effort,you know,plealing the freash carrots,instead of the instant crap loaded boxed dinner,your reaching beyond rational,to just oppose give it up

Are you saying all Americans existence consist of the silly bullshit you typed above? We're all lazy, dont work, have no responsibility. The entire nation?

I know its shocking but if the nation of fat asses has even poor fat asses are we supposed to believe that the poor are fat asses for different reasons than your fat asses?

Does time equal money?

From what I've seen and heard in my working life, I am not the only one who has said this.

Many have raised this question long before I have. I'd like to think I'm just passing it on.

Yeah so, does time equal money to others also? Or to everyone except the poor?

Eating healthier by replacing half the daily intake of junk with good food would increase the costs just 75 cents/day.

Eating junk - and feeding it to your kids - is just a very poor and very avoidable choice.

Sometimes I drive into the poor section of where I live and just can't BELIEVE the numbers of full service grocers. Fresh produce stands, bakeries, farmers markets, etc etc.

Why there are so many I don't understand. Because you can't get to them for the gas station convenience stores, the lottery shops, the alcohol stores, the greasy fried chicken place, the roadside ribs on the grill etc etc.

But if all those other, unhealthy places would go away, I bet those poor people would really appreciate it.

Of course, I don't know what they would eat.

As long as we continue to make poverty a viable option for people, more and more people will choose it. That is why after decades of the "War on Poverty" all that has happened is that more people are living in "poverty".
How true
We need to make poor people suffer so they don't enjoy their poverty
Otherwise everyone will want to be poor

Forum List

Back