Poweful photos of people living in poverty....

......8 years after the Mesiah, wonder what blue city's these are from????

Powerful Photos Of Living In Poverty In The U.S.

View attachment 75079

View attachment 75080

Three story house, that's not poverty.

This is poverty.
View attachment 75109

and this

View attachment 75108

Obviously people suffering from too much free stuff in their lives

Most of Americas poor have it much better than most middle class in many countries. Hell I can't afford a three story house, but I pay my own way.

View attachment 75079

View attachment 75080

This is poverty.
View attachment 75109

and this

View attachment 75108

I bet those same people will tell you "This isnt poverty, you should see some of the shit holes other people live in"

In other words its all relative
Yes, it is all relative. That's why we mock you leftists for whining about the poor in America.

You laugh because its all relative or because poor people in America arent like poor people everywhere?

Shitty foods high in fat and grease.

America is the fattest nation by far. How'd that happen? From fruits and veggies?

There is nothing keeping poor Americans from eating good food. Eating "shitty food" is a choice just as avoiding education and work is a choice.

Yeah nothing except cost. Whats money tho? I'm sure you've never noticed the difference costs but I'm telling you healthy stuff costs more.

Of course its a choice captain obvious, but thanks for that tidbit

carrots cost less than cookies. You are FOS on this.

Healthy foods cost less is what youre saying? Dont be coy
I spent $14 on a burger, fries and soda last week. Yes, healthy foods are cheaper.

You lose

A healthy diet costs $2,000 a year more than an unhealthy one for average family of four: Harvard study

And what your fat ass spent on a Burger doesnt mean dick. Thats obviously not the dollar menu.

View attachment 75079

View attachment 75080

This is poverty.
View attachment 75109

and this

View attachment 75108
The best part of those places is the smell.
No toilets or clean water to drink.

Yep, the "poor" in the US have no idea how good they've got it.

Yeah nothing except cost. Whats money tho? I'm sure you've never noticed the difference costs but I'm telling you healthy stuff costs more.

in many cases it does. have you compared the prices of fresh vegetables and fast food?

Not in many cases. I'm asking you flat out, are you saying Healthy eating costs less than Eating Fast Foods? Dont be shy, its ok

yes, it can. But it requires that you prepare and cook your food, rather that walk up the counter and grab it. Eating healthy can be cheaper, but it takes some effort, just like taking responsibility for any aspect of your life.

Does time equal money?

View attachment 75079

View attachment 75080

This is poverty.
View attachment 75109

and this

View attachment 75108

I bet those same people will tell you "This isnt poverty, you should see some of the shit holes other people live in"

Yes, it is all relative. That's why we mock you leftists for whining about the poor in America.

You laugh because its all relative or because poor people in America arent like poor people everywhere?
If anyone thinks anyone in America is poor, they don't know what poor is.
And the left are mocked for their unwillingness to lift a finger for those they say are in great need.

If liberals actually helped and stopped looking at others to do the work, poverty around the world would be eliminated.

It's not just that so many choose to leach from others, it's that they fail to do their part to help those who truly need our help.

Disgusting.

A longtime friend and single mom with only a high school education worked as many hours (often 2 jobs) as necessary in order to support (and provide small luxuries like dance classes and hockey) her two kids without gov't aid or charity. This often meant 4-5 hours of sleep/night but she was determined to pay for the errors of her youth while keeping them from negatively impacting her kids who are now both college educated and productive.

Yeah ... there's a price to be paid for self-sufficiency. Some do so while others choose to live off the taxes others pay.

There is nothing keeping poor Americans from eating good food. Eating "shitty food" is a choice just as avoiding education and work is a choice.

I spent $14 on a burger, fries and soda last week. Yes, healthy foods are cheaper.

You lose

A healthy diet costs $2,000 a year more than an unhealthy one for average family of four: Harvard study

And what your fat ass spent on a Burger doesnt mean dick. Thats obviously not the dollar menu.
BS. Processed foods cost more but are bought because people a lazy.

It's not a 'liberal' policy when the Republicans had multiple chances to end it.

Its not their fault they've accepted the role of perpetual victim. They could do something about all these "liberal" things but the best they can muster is whining.

The conservative rich have cleverly convinced a large portion of our middle/working class to think and vote conservative by getting them to blame the poor for all their woes...

...it's the classic magician's tactic of misdirection.

The least powerful are the most to blame. Weird shit. Again, if they blame liberals for all these things then why are Republicans such losers that they cant seem to push a bill, stand up for poor people etc?

Liberals control that too?

Scapegoating is a powerful tactic in politics.

Do you mean mindless idiots who post crap like this:

"The conservative rich have cleverly convinced a large portion of our middle/working class to think and vote conservative by getting them to blame the poor for all their woes...

...it's the classic magician's tactic of misdirection."

View attachment 75079

View attachment 75080

This is poverty.
View attachment 75109

and this

View attachment 75108

But are we talking about by American standards or by the worst poorest place we can find? Why are we using the poorest as a metric for America? Sheesh, that means that people who complain about anything "cant" because there are worst incidents somewhere in the world. lmao.

And the left are mocked for their unwillingness to lift a finger for those they say are in great need.

Yeah, I know...I know :blahblah:

You lose

You lose, I provided proof...You cant just type two letters and dismiss how wrong you are

This is poverty.
View attachment 75109

and this

View attachment 75108

But are we talking about by American standards or by the worst poorest place we can find? Why are we using the poorest as a metric for America? Sheesh, that means that people who complain about anything "cant" because there are worst incidents somewhere in the world. lmao.

You find me one malnourished person in America who does not have a mental health issue. There is not one.

It turns out that this idea that liberals give more…is a myth. Of the top 25 states where people give an above average percent of their income, 24 were red states in the last presidential election.

Arthur Brooks, the author of "Who Really Cares," says that "when you look at the data, it turns out the conservatives give about 30 percent more." He adds, "And incidentally, conservative-headed families make slightly less money."

And he says the differences in giving goes beyond money, pointing out that conservatives are 18 percent more likely to donate blood. He says this difference is not about politics, but about the different way conservatives and liberals view government.

"You find that people who believe it's the government's job to make incomes more equal, are far less likely to give their money away," Brooks says. In fact, people who disagree with the statement, "The government has a basic responsibility to take care of the people who can't take care of themselves," are 27 percent more likely to give to charity.

Who Gives More -- The Rich or The Poor?

You find me one malnourished person in America who does not have a mental health issue. There is not one.

Are we talking about by American standards or what? Why do you use the most extreme cases to pretend that being poor is cool? If I threw you in a fire would telling you that Hell is hotter stop your screams? lmao

You lose

You lose, I provided proof...You cant just type two letters and dismiss how wrong you are
Your "proof" was a study of ten nations. Discussion is America. Where processed and fast foods cost more than just buying veggies and potatoes.

Are we talking about by American standards or what? Why do you use the most extreme cases to pretend that being poor is cool? If I threw you in a fire would telling you that Hell is hotter stop your screams? lmao
I grew up in "poverty". We never complained, and I now know we lived like royalty.

Shitty foods high in fat and grease.

America is the fattest nation by far. How'd that happen? From fruits and veggies?

I believe he's saying that those who can afford to not work, weigh 250 lbs and own a smart phone can afford the minimal diff ($1.50/day) between a healthy and an unhealthy diet.

Why are we bombarded with constant propaganda about hunger if people in alleged poverty usually appear to be obese? Let's look at it rationally. If you have a bunch of kids and no father and no job and possibly have a drug or alcohol problem or at least an eating disorder, chances are that you will live in poverty. It should be noted that Americans who live in what the government deems a poverty level probably live better than the middle class in rural Europe or the war torn Mid East and there are literally tons of (competing?) federal, state and government and religious and private networks that exist only to help people in poverty. You almost gotta laugh that the democrat candidate vows to put coal miners out of work in order to get the approval of the elitist (rich) left wing greenies.

That's an informative link. But I think it still overshoots the matter. Lower income households are more inclined toward obesity for the very simple reason that high caloric, low nutrition yield food is cheaper. Wingnuts caon only think in one dimensional linear terms. So they can't get it through their head that nutrition and weight management isn't a simple matter of gross quantity. It's too complicated for them to understand that it's often cheaper to sate hunger with a 3000 calories per day crap food diet than it is with an 2000 calorie per day high nutrient diet.

Ironically, these same people passionately preach against food stamps and the way some people use them, and demand that poor people should find ways to adapt their purchasing habits to fit their minimal cash budgets. Which, of course, will just lead to even more obesity among the poor. Fucking toss pots.

in many cases it does. have you compared the prices of fresh vegetables and fast food?

Not in many cases. I'm asking you flat out, are you saying Healthy eating costs less than Eating Fast Foods? Dont be shy, its ok

yes, it can. But it requires that you prepare and cook your food, rather that walk up the counter and grab it. Eating healthy can be cheaper, but it takes some effort, just like taking responsibility for any aspect of your life.

Does time equal money?

not if you have no job and live on welfare. spending your idle time fixing healthy meals would be a good expenditure of time.

No one has to eat junk food, to make such a claim is simply ignorant.

Forum List

Back