Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

Car tires are just car tires. I don't see what could make them wear down faster on an EV rather than a regular car. From what I hear, because of the batteries, EV's are heavier than a normal car. But I don't see that making much difference. Also, I don't see how repairing an EV would be any more expensive than repairing a regular car.
I believe the front tyres do wear down slightly quicker, rear ones similar to ICE counterparts. I'm old school, so I use the gears to slow my vehicle, EV's tend to use the motor, so my brake pad wear is probably similar to an EV.

Unless you have both, or jump from one to the other and drive similar, tyre and brake pad wear will probably conform to one's agenda.

The reason why EV's cost so much more to work on is that the infrastructure is geared up to ICE vehicles, having the equipment and training for EV's is currently more outlay, so initial larger cost to work on EV's. It'll come down as more get the equipment and knowledge

The only drawback to EV's being, any damage to the floorplan (cover to the battery) insurance companies are quick to write them off.

this fits here>>>

If we took a average common solar panel installed in the last 15 years, smashed it up in a big bucket of water, the contents would likely include the following:

Organized alphabetically:

- Aluminum (Al)

- Aluminum-doped Zinc Oxide (AZO)

- Boron (B)

- Cadmium Sulfide (CdS)

- Cadmium Telluride (CdTe)

- Copper (Cu)

- Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA)

- Gallium (Ga)

- Glass

- Hydrogen (H)

- Indium (In)

- Indium Tin Oxide (ITO)

- Lead (Pb)

- Molybdenum (Mo)

- Phosphorus (P)

- Plastic and Polymers

- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)

- Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB)

- Selenium (Se)

- Silicon (Si)

- Silicon dioxide (SiO2)

- Silver (Ag)

- Sodium (Na)

- Tedlar (PVF)

- Water (H20)

- Zinc Oxide (ZnO)

Which of these chemicals and constituents are you fine with in your residential water supply?

~S~

You can recycle just about anything. But solar panels last up to 50 years. So you aren't talking about much of a problem. You know, I did a thread around here called, "Our current mass extinction event." It got shitcanned. I can't even find it if I do a search for it. Though I hear it got moved to a category I can't see. If you can find it, read it. Now THAT is a problem!

I believe the front tyres do wear down slightly quicker, rear ones similar to ICE counterparts. I'm old school, so I use the gears to slow my vehicle, EV's tend to use the motor, so my brake pad wear is probably similar to an EV.

Unless you have both, or jump from one to the other and drive similar, tyre and brake pad wear will probably conform to one's agenda.

The reason why EV's cost so much more to work on is that the infrastructure is geared up to ICE vehicles, having the equipment and training for EV's is currently more outlay, so initial larger cost to work on EV's. It'll come down as more get the equipment and knowledge

The only drawback to EV's being, any damage to the floorplan (cover to the battery) insurance companies are quick to write them off.

From what I hear, EV's can turn the energy it takes to slow a car down into electricity. With such a system there would be less wear on any break pads.

Whatever solar panels and storage batteries cost is something that should be handled by the government. It's like the fantasy of recycling. If it is something that the government expect people themselves to do, it will never happen. The governments of much smaller civilizations in the past were able to accomplish some pretty amazing feats. The Pyramids, The Great Wall of China, etc. etc .etc. Going solar as a nation would be absolutely nothing compared to those things. Also, I did a thread about the importance of the matter. It was called, "Our current mass extinction event." It disappeared. I can't even find it if I do a search for it. But I am told it got moved to some category I can't see.

Another point is that if you were to do those things yourself, the savings would start happening right away. It might take years to pay for itself. But it would. And you wouldn't be destroying the planet along the way.

Whatever solar panels and storage batteries cost is something that should be handled by the government.

Exactly!

You can do a lot more stupid shit when it's tax dollars being wasted.

It might take years to pay for itself.

Or never.

But it would.

Post your evidence.

By what measure? We are not suffering unsatisfied demand. Fossil fuel use is declining and alt energy capacity is rapidly growing. The cost per kwh for US consumers is coming down and emissions are falling. It looks like a complete success to me.
My electric bill went up, everywhere the bill has gone up.
Fossil fuel production and use is at an all time high.
Emissions have increased.

By every measure, crick is a filthy liar

I have no doubt that you could heat your home and do other things if you had enough solar panels. But in the event of any extra electricity being needed, that's what power transmission lines are for. To transmit electricity from areas where there is plenty of sunlight.

I have no doubt that you could heat your home and do other things if you had enough solar panels.

What's enough? And how many batteries?

But in the event of any extra electricity being needed, that's what power transmission lines are for. To transmit electricity from areas where there is plenty of sunlight.

How much will the transmission lines cost to transmit solar generated electricity
to Chicago at midnight?

I have no doubt that you could heat your home and do other things if you had enough solar panels.

What's enough? And how many batteries?

But in the event of any extra electricity being needed, that's what power transmission lines are for. To transmit electricity from areas where there is plenty of sunlight.

How much will the transmission lines cost to transmit solar generated electricity
to Chicago at midnight?
A better question is what is the line loss of transmitting electricity from where the sun shines, hundreds of miles.

The answer is, nobody cares because the profit is the goverment subsidy, not the consumer's bill.

Car tires are just car tires. I don't see what could make them wear down faster on an EV rather than a regular car. From what I hear, because of the batteries, EV's are heavier than a normal car. But I don't see that making much difference. Also, I don't see how repairing an EV would be any more expensive than repairing a regular car.
Correct. EV's are significantly heavier, with a weight distribution that the tires are not designed for.

It's amazing how ignorant you are of the subject. Try studying some more. You're a terrible parrot.

If you put a covering over them that was at a steep enough of an angle, the snow would fall off. As for them getting dusty, if it happens to a degree where it is a problem, clean them. What if they are on your roof and out of reach? Get one of those wide rectangular cloth sweepers that you see janitors using to sweep a floor. But have it on a really long pole. Put it on one of the solar panels and spray it with a garden hose. When it is wet, mop the panels with it. Use the garden hose to rinse off anything left over. Problem solved.
And your covering will interfere with the light transmission.

You're not very well educated are you.

My garden hose wouldn't reach my roof, let alone a sweeper on a long pole.
Actually, you don't use a sweeper because that can damage the panel. I rinse it with a low pressure hose, and then dry with a cotton cloth. I've started using the micro Fibre cloths now too, and they work very well.

Forum List

Back