Pray for my Katy please.

I dont' care if he thanked me or not. I hope his dog is okay. Geez, kg.
It pisses me off. I actually put out the effort to say a prayer for him and post a couple of posts calculated to give him comfort, and I see he responds to every other poster...except me.

Makes me wish I hadn't bothered.

Fine by me. And I didnt know prayers came with a price tag.

They don't. I should have just prayed for the dog and not posted squat. When I noticed your obvious shun was when I came back to see how she was doing, and saw that you had systematically thanked and/or responded to every other poster in the thread.

Which made me feel like an idiot for posting anything in your thread. I won't do so again.

No worries,you're now on ignore.

Oh, good. Now you won't have to lie so much when you get caught being an asswipe.

I had you on ignore, sadly you're one of the ones that got bumped off my ignore list, and I didn't notice until I got tricked into responding to you....

Lighten up, will ya? He's going through a difficult time right now. Did you respond to the thread to get "likes" or something? Stop acting like a nut bar.

It pisses me off. I actually put out the effort to say a prayer for him and post a couple of posts calculated to give him comfort, and I see he responds to every other poster...except me.

Makes me wish I hadn't bothered.

They don't. I should have just prayed for the dog and not posted squat. When I noticed your obvious shun was when I came back to see how she was doing, and saw that you had systematically thanked and/or responded to every other poster in the thread.

Which made me feel like an idiot for posting anything in your thread. I won't do so again.

Oh, good. Now you won't have to lie so much when you get caught being an asswipe.

I had you on ignore, sadly you're one of the ones that got bumped off my ignore list, and I didn't notice until I got tricked into responding to you....

Lighten up, will ya? He's going through a difficult time right now. Did you respond to the thread to get "likes" or something? Stop acting like a nut bar.

To be honest I was kind of shocked by her response.
We've always got along just fine.

This is a "prayer" thread, so I will refrain. I just hope your Katy does better than Gracie did.
Prayers will continue for you.
To explain this post..since I see some have taken it to some other weird realm and I hope nobody thought I was as well.....Gracie had the same problem, but did NOT make it. Which is why I said I would refrain. I didn't want to bum herewegoagain out. THAT is what I meant. Nothing more.

(BTW...she had a brain tumor but the vet thought it was epilepsy.)

Still sending prayers for katy.

My little girl Katy had a Grand Mall seizure this morning and they suspect a brain tumor.
We had to leave her at the emergency pet hospital for further observation and treatment.
She goes for her MRI and Ct Scan on Monday.
They said there is a strong possibility she'll need brain surgery to remove the tumor if possible.
View attachment 74110
View attachment 74111

Sorry to hear about your family member.

After 13 years, we had to put our Makali'i down last Tuesday night. He to started having multiple seizures.

Wish you and your friend the best

-Geaux
Too many dogs are having seizures. I've been wondering if its in the water. So now my 2 dogs I have left get bottled water.

To be honest I was kind of shocked by her response.
We've always got along just fine.

Bipolar? :D

peanut butter......i hate to say it....put i just coat the pills in peanut butter...thor is easy....he has taken pills all his damned life nearly......the others demand the peanut butter wrap....i tried greenies etc....

I think I have the only dog on the planet that wont eat the stuff.
Ha Ha! I stuck Gracie's pills in mini marshmellows. When she started getting wise to that, I hid it in a piece of cheese but I would give her a regular pill free piece FIRST, then give the other 2 dogs a piece of cheese...all in front of her...then give her another piece with the pill in it and say "hurry! Dey Gonna Get It!" (yes, my dogs unnerstan baby talk) and she would gobble it thinking they would take it from her. :lol:

This is a "prayer" thread, so I will refrain. I just hope your Katy does better than Gracie did.
Prayers will continue for you.
To explain this post..since I see some have taken it to some other weird realm and I hope nobody thought I was as well.....Gracie had the same problem, but did NOT make it. Which is why I said I would refrain. I didn't want to bum herewegoagain out. THAT is what I meant. Nothing more.

(BTW...she had a brain tumor but the vet thought it was epilepsy.)

Still sending prayers for katy.

I knew exactly what you meant.
No problems on my end at all. Thanks for the well wishes.

peanut butter......i hate to say it....put i just coat the pills in peanut butter...thor is easy....he has taken pills all his damned life nearly......the others demand the peanut butter wrap....i tried greenies etc....

I think I have the only dog on the planet that wont eat the stuff.
Ha Ha! I stuck Gracie's pills in mini marshmellows. When she started getting wise to that, I hid it in a piece of cheese but I would give her a regular pill free piece FIRST, then give the other 2 dogs a piece of cheese...all in front of her...then give her another piece with the pill in it and say "hurry! Dey Gonna Get It!" (yes, my dogs unnerstan baby talk) and she would gobble it thinking they would take it from her. :lol:

Sneaky.:lol:

You are lucky in the fact that your vet has access to do ct scans and mri's and stuff.

(Edited cuz I started doing what I said I would not do. POSITIVE THOUGHTS only for Katy!)

Last edited:
il_fullxfull.334055640.jpg

Well apparently I missed some of the conversation at the vet/hospital.
The wife says they want to leave things alone and see if the anti seizure medication will control things so they can avoid the stress of surgery.
While grateful I hate the idea of there being a tumor and not trying to remove it,but then the stress of surgery could kill her.

The wife says they want to leave things alone and see if the anti seizure medication will control things so they can avoid the stress of surgery.
While grateful I hate the idea of there being a tumor and not trying to remove it,but then the stress of surgery could kill her.

It may be just a benign tumor. It might be growing a very slow rate, so the anti-seizure meds might be enough to control any untoward symptoms. :) Fingers crossed!

It may be just a benign tumor. It might be growing a very slow rate, so the anti-seizure meds might be enough to control any untoward symptoms. :) Fingers crossed!

Thats my hope.
Boxers are usually good for ten years and she's there now.
But three of our four have beaten those odds one all the way to fourteen years. Here's to hoping.

I'm not sure if I missed anything - do they know for SURE she has a brain tumor? A friend of mine has an elderly aussie who was exhibiting neurological deficits - they thought a brain tumor, she treated Dancer with steroids, and anti-seizure medication and it's been a year. She also did physical therapy to help with her proprioception because she was having coordination problems. She's has mini-seizures but all in all she's doing remarkedly well and they no longer think it's a brain tumour but some other neuro thing.

The thing is....it's hard to know, hard to predict. Boxers are sweet dogs, but their lifespan is sadly too short for their souls and cancer ranks high in the breed :(. Do what you can to make every day the fullest and bestest for her because you don't know how long she will have with you - and it may be long. When my dog of dogs, the one who left a hole in my heart that has yet to fill - was declining, a friend reminded me - I've already had 3 extra years I never thought to have (due to physical therapy keeping him mobile) - every day is a blessing and a gift. He owes me nothing. With Katie - every day is a blessing, and you are blessed to greet each morning with her lovely soul and silly smile. Enjoy it - and hug her and kiss her - she may surprise you yet :)

Thats my hope.
But three of our four have beaten those odds one all the way to fourteen years. Here's to hoping.

Oh, after reading some sad dog poems, seeing the pictures of Katie, and seeing (reading) how much you love your baby . . . :crybaby:

I love Boxers too. They are so sweet and friendly and playful.

Keep your hopes up. Having a positive attitude will help her too, I really believe that. :thup:

I'm not sure if I missed anything - do they know for SURE she has a brain tumor? A friend of mine has an elderly aussie who was exhibiting neurological deficits - they thought a brain tumor, she treated Dancer with steroids, and anti-seizure medication and it's been a year. She also did physical therapy to help with her proprioception because she was having coordination problems. She's has mini-seizures but all in all she's doing remarkedly well and they no longer think it's a brain tumour but some other neuro thing.

The thing is....it's hard to know, hard to predict. Boxers are sweet dogs, but their lifespan is sadly too short for their souls and cancer ranks high in the breed :(. Do what you can to make every day the fullest and bestest for her because you don't know how long she will have with you - and it may be long. When my dog of dogs, the one who left a hole in my heart that has yet to fill - was declining, a friend reminded me - I've already had 3 extra years I never thought to have (due to physical therapy keeping him mobile) - every day is a blessing and a gift. He owes me nothing. With Katie - every day is a blessing, and you are blessed to greet each morning with her lovely soul and silly smile. Enjoy it - and hug her and kiss her - she may surprise you yet :)

They feel confident it is a tumor based on the symptoms and she was to go get a CT/MRI tomorrow to confirm it.
I'm okay with letting it ride with the Keppra and keeping an eye on her since i'm with her pretty much all day everyday.
And yeah it takes a long time to get over the loss no doubt. Hell,I still miss my dogs from childhood and the three the wife and I've lost line our mantel in the form of ashes.
A day doesnt go by that I dont look up and remember them.

Thats my hope.

Oh, after reading some sad dog poems, seeing the pictures of Katie, and seeing (reading) how much you love your baby . . . :crybaby:

Keep your hopes up. Having a positive attitude will help her too, I really believe that. :thup:

Yeah...I'll admit I was crying while I held her through her seizure.
You feel so damn helpless.

Thats my hope.

Yeah...I'll admit I was crying while I held her through her seizure.
You feel so damn helpless.

My son had a grand mal seizure, so I know exactly what you mean.

Forum List

Back