🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Praying at the temple mount

Once you start labeling a religion as "peaceful" and exempting it from it's own history then you start making excuses for it. Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Christians, and in ancient times - Jews, were pretty damn bloody and intolerant. All it takes is a little power and a sense of "rightousness", some literally interpreted scripture...and there you have it.

Once again, you are broad stroking EVERY religion.

No...I'm basing it on history. None of the major religions are truly peaceful. It's all in what their followers choose to extract from it.

Patronize me; link to some history.

Anyway, I'm bored.
When somebody posts something that might hold up in a court of law, we'll have a fact based discussion.

Once you start labeling a religion as "peaceful" and exempting it from it's own history then you start making excuses for it. Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Christians, and in ancient times - Jews, were pretty damn bloody and intolerant. All it takes is a little power and a sense of "rightousness", some literally interpreted scripture...and there you have it.

No...I'm basing it on history. None of the major religions are truly peaceful. It's all in what their followers choose to extract from it.

Religion, Violence, Crime and Mass Suicide
Religiously based civil unrest and warfare
http://press.princeton.edu/chapters/i9566.pdf
The Sentinel Project

...You illegally migrate into the area; drive out half the residents using Jewish terrorism; declare yourself a Jewish State; then only allow the land to be farmed with Jewish labor; stick your white-trash settlers into an area you don't even own; then want THEM to share THEIR mosque with you! Listen you selfish pieces of shit, you need to BACK THE FUCK OFF!
Ahhhhhh... the teenage angst is strong in this one...

post-46067-charlton-heston-laughing-gif-I-M2zI.gif

The Temple Mount was sacred ground for the Jews long before the Muslims invaded and stole it...

The Jews are merely in the process of setting right, an old wrong done against them...

And - with respect to reciprocity - how's that synagogue in Mecca comin' along?

Is Mecca a Jewish holy site?
No, but the Temple Mount is.

...You illegally migrate into the area; drive out half the residents using Jewish terrorism; declare yourself a Jewish State; then only allow the land to be farmed with Jewish labor; stick your white-trash settlers into an area you don't even own; then want THEM to share THEIR mosque with you! Listen you selfish pieces of shit, you need to BACK THE FUCK OFF!
Ahhhhhh... the teenage angst is strong in this one...

post-46067-charlton-heston-laughing-gif-I-M2zI.gif

The Temple Mount was sacred ground for the Jews long before the Muslims invaded and stole it...

The Jews are merely in the process of setting right, an old wrong done against them...

And - with respect to reciprocity - how's that synagogue in Mecca comin' along?

Is Mecca a Jewish holy site?
No, but the Temple Mount is.

Then the comparison is meaningless.

...Then the comparison is meaningless.
Only if you support the idea that non-Muslims must accommodate Muslims, but that Muslims need not reciprocate, in matters of religion and sacred places.

If the Mothership of Islam (Saudi Arabia) will not extend reciprocal public worship services to Christians, Jews, Buddhists, etc., then why should any of those worry about Muslim sensibilities in areas no longer under Muslim control?

And only if you do not believe that the Jewish claim to the Temple Mount predates the Muslim claim.

To those for whom those tenets do not ring true, then, the comparison has merit.

Why is it such a big deal that Jews not pray at the Temple Mount. Why the hell shouldn't they. They should feel free to pray any damn where they feel like it. It's not like they close down a street and get in the way of business while praying to Mecca like the Islamics do.

It's bullshit they made such a deal.
You illegally migrate into the area; drive out half the residents using Jewish terrorism; declare yourself a Jewish State; then only allow the land to be farmed with Jewish labor; stick your white-trash settlers into an area you don't even own; then want THEM to share THEIR mosque with you!

Listen you selfish pieces of shit, you need to BACK THE FUCK OFF!
:bsflag:

I think it's a travesty that Jews can't pray legally at the holiest site in Judaism.

The Mosque is in East Jerusalem.

It is illegal for Israeli settlers (or any member of the Israeli government) to be in East Jerusalem.
All of Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

Obviously, you missed the memo. :alcoholic:

...Then the comparison is meaningless.
Only if you support the idea that non-Muslims must accommodate Muslims, but that Muslims need not reciprocate, in matters of religion and sacred places.

Actually...if a religious site is sacred to only one religion then I don't know why the entity that owns the site would need to accommodate other religions, do you?

If a site is sacred to multiple religions they they should all be accommodated. If Muslims control a site that is sacred to Jews, Jews should be allowed to safely travel there. But as you yourself said - Mecca has no value to Jews.

If the Mothership of Islam (Saudi Arabia) will not extend reciprocal public worship services to Christians, Jews, Buddhists, etc., then why should any of those worry about Muslim sensibilities in areas no longer under Muslim control?

Each country is an individual entity with it's own laws and practices.

And only if you do not believe that the Jewish claim to the Temple Mount predates the Muslim claim.

It doesn't matter if it predates it - it is sacred to both. Both should have a right to worship there, as long as they behave. We're not talking about something being sacred for just a few years - it goes back over a thousand years. People need to grow up and start treating like the holy place it is.

To those for whom those tenets do not ring true, then, the comparison has merit.

No merit - the comparison is apples and oranges.

You are comparing freedom to worship (in general) with access to religious holy sites.

Ideally - all religions should be free to build houses of worship in any country, but they aren't and it's not just Muslim countries.

Religion, Violence, Crime and Mass Suicide
Religiously based civil unrest and warfare
http://press.princeton.edu/chapters/i9566.pdf
The Sentinel Project

That's what you got on the Jews?
A defensive war in 2014 where Israel only targeted Hamas?
The math or moral equivalency still doesn't pan out.
Atheists kill also; bog time.

Forum List

Back