🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Praying at the temple mount

I believe I should be Prime Minister of Israel.
Does that count?

Is that a religious belief?

My religious beliefs haven't led to the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of people in the last 40 years.
So beliefs CAN be a problem.

Absolutely - history has shown a good record of that. I suspect your religion numbers among the bad and the ugly.

Suspect? You mean you BELIEVE.
In that case, your beliefs earn a ZERO in Factual History.

No - suspect only, because I don't know your religion, hence no definitive statement. Try to stick to what is actually said, not what you BELIEVE ;)

The history of bloodshed is on the Internet just like USMESSAGEBOARD is on the Internet.
If you are going to associate BELIEF with FACT, by including subtlety "accusing" Judaism of mass murder, back it up.
I don't accept factless , Left-Wing Liberal FEELINGS as fact.

I doubt that you would buy a Desktop Computer without getting a receipt in return.

Mentions some "distant mosque"; perhaps the Vatican?
Nope. ....... :cool:

Liar...
al-Isra` 17:1
Surah 17. Al-Israa, Ayah 1 | Alim.org
I just ran both through Google Translate...

Glory to the اسريٰ the slave by night from the sacred mosque to Al-Aqsa Mosque who blessed us to nerih from mends his ways he is the hearer Basir

You realize Google Translate isn't exactly very accurate?

Then let's try it against the actual Arabic word for Jerusalem.

Interesting...It seems as though there is no Arabic word for Jerusalem.
Well Sunni Man, what's Jerusalem in Arabic and let's find a translator somewhere.

Is that a religious belief?

My religious beliefs haven't led to the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of people in the last 40 years.

Absolutely - history has shown a good record of that. I suspect your religion numbers among the bad and the ugly.

No - suspect only, because I don't know your religion, hence no definitive statement. Try to stick to what is actually said, not what you BELIEVE ;)

The history of bloodshed is on the Internet just like USMESSAGEBOARD is on the Internet.

Of course it is. What is your point?

If you are going to associate BELIEF with FACT, by including subtlety "accusing" Judaism of mass murder, back it up.

Ok, now you are stating your religion (I thought you were Christian but wasn't sure). So let's look at your own religious history as portrayed in the OT. Pretty damn bloody and intolerant not to mention a pissy diety striking out at everyone, ordering mass murder, rape, and killing of unbelievers. Good thing you guys had a diaspora and became a lot more civilized. Too bad Israel has become a bit of a religious chauvinest.

No need for such a meltdown.

Well Sunni Man, what's Jerusalem in Arabic and let's find a translator somewhere.

Names of Jerusalem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Names of Jerusalem refers to the multiple names by which the city of Jerusalem has been known and the etymology of the word in different languages. According to the Jewish Midrash, "Jerusalem has 70 names".[1] Lists have been compiled of 72 different Hebrew names for Jerusalem in Jewish scripture.[2]
Today, Jerusalem is called Yerushalayim (Hebrew: יְרוּשָׁלַיִם) in Hebrew. This is a derivation of a much older name, recorded as early as in the Middle Bronze Age, which has however been repeatedly re-interpreted in folk etymology, notably in Biblical Greek, where the first element of the name came to be associated with hieros "holy". The most common names in Arabic are Al-Quds (القدس) and Bayt Al-Maqdis (بيت المقدس), meaning "The Holy [City/Home]".

Names of Jerusalem refers to the multiple names by which the city of Jerusalem has been known and the etymology of the word in different languages. According to the Jewish Midrash, "Jerusalem has 70 names".[1] Lists have been compiled of 72 different Hebrew names for Jerusalem in Jewish scripture.[2]
Today, Jerusalem is called Yerushalayim (Hebrew: יְרוּשָׁלַיִם) in Hebrew. This is a derivation of a much older name, recorded as early as in the Middle Bronze Age, which has however been repeatedly re-interpreted in folk etymology, notably in Biblical Greek, where the first element of the name came to be associated with hieros "holy". The most common names in Arabic are Al-Quds (القدس) and Bayt Al-Maqdis (بيت المقدس), meaning "The Holy [City/Home]".

You thought I didn't look that up?
Doesn't cut the Mustard.
Could be the Vatican.
Could be Medina.
If something's THAT important to you, you better be specific.
Jerusalem is called Jerusalem; the others are adjectives.
Then again, Mohammed was illiterate.

Of coure there is a word for Jerusalem but the Quran chose not to use it.

Because it was common knowledge among the arab people, when the Quran mentioned the Farthest Mosque, everyone knew it was talking about Jerusalem.

Kinda like today when people mention the "Big Apple".....everyone knows they are referring to NYC. ....... :cool:

Ok, now you are stating your religion (I thought you were Christian but wasn't sure). So let's look at your own religious history as portrayed in the OT. Pretty damn bloody and intolerant not to mention a pissy diety striking out at everyone, ordering mass murder, rape, and killing of unbelievers. Good thing you guys had a diaspora and became a lot more civilized. Too bad Israel has become a bit of a religious chauvinest.

Look at all the people the Jews killed all over Asia and Europe...NOT!
Joshua conquered most of the 32 Kings of Canaan, who, by the way, were sacrificing their children and cutting off the thumbs of their slaves so they couldn't escape.
Then the Jews went on to murder hundreds of millions of others...Oops, they DIDN'T.
But then again, I know how your mind works mathematically...1 = 1,000,000,000,000.

On the other hand, why don't you and I have a verse by verse discussion of all this VIOLENCE perpetrated by Jews.
I'd love for you to actually read something once in a while besides, "The Jews are MURDERERS!".

I guess you don't ask for receipts when you buy expensive items.

Of coure there is a word for Jerusalem but the Quran chose not to use it.

Because it was common knowledge among the arab people, when the Quran mentioned the Farthest Mosque, everyone knew it was talking about Jerusalem.

Kinda like today when people mention the "Big Apple".....everyone knows they are referring to NYC. ....... :cool:

Schmuck, we're talking about a supposedly Holy Book.
You claimed 17:1 mentioned "Jerusalem" because you never actually looked it up.
You're wrong and now you're trying to weasel your way out of your own screw up.

Doesn't cut the Mustard.
Could be the Vatican.
Could be Medina.

It answered the question of the Arabic word for Jeruselum - that is what they call Jeruselum.

The majority of the population was illiterate. I suspect most prophets were.

Joshua conquered most of the 32 Kings of Canaan, who, by the way, were sacrificing their children and cutting off the thumbs of their slaves so they couldn't escape.
Then the Jews went on to murder hundreds of millions of others...Oops, they DIDN'T.
But then again, I know how your mind works mathematically...1 = 1,000,000,000,000.

On the other hand, why don't you and I have a verse by verse discussion of all this VIOLENCE perpetrated by Jews.
I'd love for you to actually read something once in a while besides, "The Jews are MURDERERS!".

Oh calm down. Look at the OT for a slice of bloody history (the "world" was a lot smaller then):)

Is there ANY peaceful religion? No. Not once they get big enough political power - then you see intolerance and theocratic governance.

Doesn't cut the Mustard.
Could be the Vatican.
Could be Medina.

It answered the question of the Arabic word for Jeruselum - that is what they call Jeruselum.

A prophet illiterate?!
Do you have any concept of what prophecy is?
It answered the key question...Arabic does NOT have a word for supposedly one of it's HOLIEST sites.
And the ENTIRE world knew full well about Jerusalem by 600AD when Islam reared it's ugly, world violent head.

Once you start labeling a religion as "peaceful" and exempting it from it's own history then you start making excuses for it. Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Christians, and in ancient times - Jews, were pretty damn bloody and intolerant. All it takes is a little power and a sense of "rightousness", some literally interpreted scripture...and there you have it.

Oh calm down. Look at the OT for a slice of bloody history (the "world" was a lot smaller then):)

Is there ANY peaceful religion? No. Not once they get big enough political power - then you see intolerance and theocratic governance.

I AM calm; you just have ZERO idea what you're talking about.
Seriously, you name a verse and then I'll ask you to read the 4 verses prior and after and we'll have a discussion...anytime you want.

Once you start labeling a religion as "peaceful" and exempting it from it's own history then you start making excuses for it. Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Christians, and in ancient times - Jews, were pretty damn bloody and intolerant. All it takes is a little power and a sense of "rightousness", some literally interpreted scripture...and there you have it.

Once again, you are broad stroking EVERY religion.

Surah 17:1 does refer to Jerusalem by using the descriptive term Farthest Mosque.

If you mentioned Farthest Mosque to any muslim person. They would instantly understand that you were talking about Jerusalem.

Seems like this is way too much for your little juden brain to comprehend. ...... :cool:

Doesn't cut the Mustard.
Could be the Vatican.
Could be Medina.

A prophet illiterate?!
Do you have any concept of what prophecy is?

A hallucination? (talking to inflammatory shrubbery strikes me as a bit off)...an epileptic seizure?....illness caused by fungus poisoning? Attention getting behavior?

It answered the key question...Arabic does NOT have a word for supposedly one of it's HOLIEST sites.
And the ENTIRE world knew full well about Jerusalem by 600AD when Islam reared it's ugly, world violent head.

Yet we found a word, several in fact...

No...I'm basing it on history. None of the major religions are truly peaceful. It's all in what their followers choose to extract from it.

Surah 17:1 does refer to Jerusalem by using the descriptive term Farthest Mosque.

If you mentioned Farthest Mosque to any muslim person. They would instantly understand that you were talking about Jerusalem.

Seems like this is way too much for your little juden brain to comprehend. ...... :cool:

The word for Jerusalem doesn't even exist in Arabic.
All you have is some value adjective in a time period when the ENTIRE world knew the name Jerusalem.
It would appear, according to your explanation, as though Mohammed planned to either convert or annihilate all non-Muslims.
A very nice, tolerant guy, that Mohammed.

No...I'm basing it on history. None of the major religions are truly peaceful. It's all in what their followers choose to extract from it.

Back up how Jews have tried to conquer Asia and Europe.
I'm getting bored waiting.

Forum List

Back