Predict how long before????

No one has said anything about bringing the government down.

The second also guards against the tyranny of big government intrusion. The types of intrusions you approve of. You seem to think Big Brother will roll into the cities in tanks.

Well done comrade.

It is the first amendment that guards against big government intrusion

The second just protects gun nuts from their demons

That isnt true, the left shouting down anyone in disagreement proves you fuil of shit once again.

If all you have is what ifs. Go away, you just are not that smart.......

The first amendment has kept us safe from the abuses of government for 235 years. Guns in the hands of private citizens have yet to protect us

Want to explain why you think the Military would arbitrarily side with the mean old GUBMINT over their own friends and families? An out of control group of Politicians can also be labeled as domestic enemies of America.

Military coups always result in military governments, be careful what you wish for, they never turn out to be a beneficial thing and power always has to pried from them. Stupid to even think about that as a path to anything except all the horrors that go along with martial law.

How did the American Revolution turn out?

The American Revolutionary War wasn’t a ‘military coup,’ it was a de facto civil war between the British and Americans who wanted to remain with Britain and Americans seeking independence.

Indeed, the Revolution began with a series of indigenous governments first in cooperation with, and later in opposition to. British rule. It was a war of independence, not an internal insurrection against a recognized government.

The comparison is consequently nonsense.

That isnt true, the left shouting down anyone in disagreement proves you fuil of shit once again.

The first amendment has kept us safe from the abuses of government for 235 years. Guns in the hands of private citizens have yet to protect us

That's only because they did the job right 236 years ago.

We might not, but there's an old saying...

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees."

The funniest thing about the "guns keep us free" crowd is that in their mind they feel they could hold off the feds with their little stash of guns in their three bedroom suburban fortress.

You really are delusional, man. If you actually read the words instead of spouting talking points you'd see those first 3 words. Most importantly the 3rd one. Just because you don't have the backbone to die for the greater good doesn't mean the rest of us should follow your sheepish example. In other words, I have NO expectation of holding off the brownshirts indefinitely, but I do expect they'd pay a price for their temerity.

If our Founders felt like you do we'd still be a province of England.

I would not shed a single drop of blood to keep the rich from a modest increase in taxation which is the entire purpose of your deluded patriotism at this point. Real American patriotism is not about protecting the aristocracy from the people. Comparing our government to the 18th century English monarchy is retarded.

How long before the Tragedy of the Batman Movie shooting will be twisted Politically into another Anti gun Campaign by the Democrats? I'm thinking Monday Morning the pro gun ban people will be in high gear. I think that they will use the weekend to plan their strike which will commence at 9AM Monday morning on all of those usual suspect shows. They will wait until the majority of people who aren't Democrats do what they do best... Go to WORK.

FACT: The VERY first time I heard about this gun control shit is after i logged onto USMB. I've been watching CNN all morning, and yet haven't heard anything about restrciting gun rights.

MY GOD, the paranoia in here...

How long before the Tragedy of the Batman Movie shooting will be twisted Politically into another Anti gun Campaign by the Democrats? I'm thinking Monday Morning the pro gun ban people will be in high gear. I think that they will use the weekend to plan their strike which will commence at 9AM Monday morning on all of those usual suspect shows. They will wait until the majority of people who aren't Democrats do what they do best... Go to WORK.

the only thing waiting for is Republicans becoming responsible adults and supporting common sense gun legislation - outlawing assault rifles for one.

And I suppose you, and your anti gun cronies get to define for the rest of us, exactly what constitutes an assault rifle? How intellectual elitist of you.

ok, outlaw any and all automatic or semiautomatic fire arms.

with enough mature adults involved such a law is possible and satisfactory to the Constitution allowing the right to bear arms.

Military coups always result in military governments, be careful what you wish for, they never turn out to be a beneficial thing and power always has to pried from them. Stupid to even think about that as a path to anything except all the horrors that go along with martial law.

Not a military coup. Did you think it was or are you just saying that as a joke?

In many ways it shared a lot of similarities, Many of our Revolutionary leaders including our first President were Military men. The entire argument is that many disagree the purpose of the second amendment, and that comes from interpreting the Constitution with an ideological slant, instead of interpreting exactly what was written. I really don't think the framers had home defense as their primary reasoning behind the 2A in 1776.:lol: It was written so that no Politician could ever get so powerful that they could circumvent our Constitutional Laws, and turn America into something akin to a dictatorship, or monarchy (which is what we were fleeing).

FACT: The VERY first time I heard about this gun control shit is after i logged onto USMB. I've been watching CNN all morning, and yet haven't heard anything about restrciting gun rights.

Paranoia in conjunction with partisan desperation.

Yes they did. They put in a form of government that didn't need to try to keep it's citizens in check through military force. They allowed the citizens a right to vote and select those that best represent the needs of the country

It has worked for 235 years without citizens having to take up arms against their country

Not a military coup. Did you think it was or are you just saying that as a joke?

In many ways it shared a lot of similarities, Many of our Revolutionary leaders including our first President were Military men. The entire argument is that many disagree the purpose of the second amendment, and that comes from interpreting the Constitution with an ideological slant, instead of interpreting exactly what was written. I really don't think the framers had home defense as their primary reasoning behind the 2A in 1776.:lol: It was written so that no Politician could ever get so powerful that they could circumvent our Constitutional Laws, and turn America into something akin to a dictatorship, or monarchy (which is what we were fleeing).

I didn't think I would have to define a military coup for you but damned if you do not know what one looks like in the 20th - 21st century and the aftermath of such a horrible occurrence. Don't look to our revolution for an example, there is a host of past Asian, African and South American examples that show clearly that the military has no business deciding who leads a country because they always choose incredibly poorly.

Yeah dumbfucks, conservatives forced ABC to throw out the Tea Party angle on the air and they forced the liberal NYC mayor to hold a press conference talking about gun control yesterday.....you're insane.

Paranoia in conjunction with partisan desperation.

the only thing waiting for is Republicans becoming responsible adults and supporting common sense gun legislation - outlawing assault rifles for one.

And I suppose you, and your anti gun cronies get to define for the rest of us, exactly what constitutes an assault rifle? How intellectual elitist of you.

with enough mature adults involved such a law is possible and satisfactory to the Constitution allowing the right to bear arms.

Again... Who are you to make that decision for others? I have many semi automatic firearms that I purchased legally, and I have no intention of arbitrarily handing them over to some bureaucracy simply because some of you think my guns are scary. I have committed no crime, and the Constitution protects my Rights. As adults, I would expect you to respect those Rights, and not let your emotions cloud your judgment every time a tragedy comes along. With Freedom sometimes we also get a bloody nose... We don't live in a perfectly safe World. Someone inevitably uses the First amendment to spew hate, just like lunatics sometimes shoot people. Sure we can curtail Freedom for a false sense of security, but people will still shoot, and people will still hate... I for one prefer to keep my Freedoms intact.

The funniest thing about the "guns keep us free" crowd is that in their mind they feel they could hold off the feds with their little stash of guns in their three bedroom suburban fortress.

You really are delusional, man. If you actually read the words instead of spouting talking points you'd see those first 3 words. Most importantly the 3rd one. Just because you don't have the backbone to die for the greater good doesn't mean the rest of us should follow your sheepish example. In other words, I have NO expectation of holding off the brownshirts indefinitely, but I do expect they'd pay a price for their temerity.

I would not shed a single drop of blood to keep the rich from a modest increase in taxation which is the entire purpose of your deluded patriotism at this point. Real American patriotism is not about protecting the aristocracy from the people. Comparing our government to the 18th century English monarchy is retarded.

I'm not defending the 'rich', moron, I'm defending the LAW.

You fucks are the ones wanting to 'change' things.

Things like the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

You must've missed Piers Morgan YESTERDAY afternoon...

Fuck you. Legalize RPG's...

Is it just me or am I the only one who wants to bang Hilary Swank?

She'd kick your ass

hilary-swank2-2-kk.jpg

I didn't think I would have to define a military coup for you but damned if you do not know what one looks like in the 20th - 21st century and the aftermath of such a horrible occurrence. Don't look to our revolution for an example, there is a host of past Asian, African and South American examples that show clearly that the military has no business deciding who leads a country because they always choose incredibly poorly.

And you believe our Military isn't slightly more educated than ALL those examples you have given, and far more capable of making intelligent decisions based upon their own moral judgement? Do you honestly believe they would follow a lunatic off a cliff (as in a coup)? That speaks volumes about your faith in America's Military men, and women when you compare them to uneducated third world Nationals.

That right doesnt stand alone. So you can not in any honesty give it exclusive credit.

But you are trying. Which makes discussions with you as pointless as being polite to the left.

Yes they did. They put in a form of government that didn't need to try to keep it's citizens in check through military force. They allowed the citizens a right to vote and select those that best represent the needs of the country

It has worked for 235 years without citizens having to take up arms against their country

'Gun nuts', as you call them, have no desire to attack the government. Our only desire is that the government doesn't attack us.

Sending LEO or NG forces into the streets to round up all our newly outlawed weapons would CERTAINLY qualify as an attack.

I'm not defending the 'rich', moron, I'm defending the LAW.

You fucks are the ones wanting to 'change' things.

Things like the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Defending the rich from taxation and regulation is the entire reason the right exists in this country, do you think otherwise? Take a hard look at the republican platform and say different. They won the gun control debate, they were on the wrong side of every 1st amendment issue, and every campaign to add or delete amendments from the US constitution is coming from the right. The everything they are actively engaged in right now has to do with protecting the 1% from the rest of us. Fuck them, I would not risk anything just for them, if they are not happy it is their own fault and none of my concern.

Forum List

Back